Irish mercenaries, unionist coat trailers and the Bard of Dunclug

Started by Donagh, October 08, 2008, 11:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

QuoteDr John McSparran said there was no control over the site, www.gaaboard.com, which meant that anyone could post offensive comments while hiding behind pseudonyms or even using other members' log-in names.

"People can make any kind of statements behind an anonymous name without having to justify themselves," Dr McSparran said.

"We should be entitled to challenge someone who is making accusations about players."
:D
Yes I agree, lets close down the internet, lets close down radio stations that allow callers to call in or newspapers that print readers letters. Actually, lets go one step further and stop all opinion!  ::)

If this is who is in charge of Antrim county board no wonder they are in a state!

You've more ability to challenge what's been said on here than you do when they're talking about you in the pubs and clubs in Antrim.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

red hander

The boul Neil is not answering his landline or mobile phones.  I thought he said he was willing to speak to anyone from the board offended by that disgusting comment he didn't post ???

magickingdom

what a fockin idiot armstrong is but i agree with nifan, the board should not take new members for a few days until this dies down. the place will be flooded with fools and wum..

his holiness nb

Why should all internet forums be shut down (after all they are all anonymous arent they??) just because a politician made the mistake of putting his name to vile comments on one???

Ask me holy bollix

give her dixie

It's time for Orwell's "thought police" to make a return...
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

pintsofguinness

Lads will yous stop giving his comments the time of day, you're playing in to Armstrong's hands 
Have a laugh (like I did) and move on.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

orangeman

Mc Sparran is my GP !!!!! The compensation cliam is going to be massive !!!!!!!!!  ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D

sledge hammer

havent seen many of our owc friends coming out to slate mr armstrong for this. whereare our guardians of morality and righteousness evil genius/sammyg/MW? then we have bignifanatic coming on to give a personal reference for his friend neil. makes me laugh. i wonder how things would pan out if his holiness or t fearon came out and said that they wished some of the contributors to owc should be taken out and shot? me thinks there would be uproar.

bottom line is mr armstrong was caught out. he showed his true colours. even should we forget about his most recent comment he should still be confronted about others comments he has made on this site.

balladmaker

It's a pity they didn't have their homecoming 'celebration' parade to Lanyon Place a week earlier on October 26th.......they could have finished off their celebrations by attending The Wolfe Tones in the Waterfront that night  :o

muppet

Only noticed this thread now!!

I thought the only story this week was the world's financial system disappearing into some unidentifiable black hole.

But the real story was in Ballymena.

MWWSI 2017

mylestheslasher

I am not surprised to find a UUP councillor spout bigoted crap, although I am a little surprised that a UUP councillor would be posting on the GAA board. I'm sure his party colleagues are equally surprised! I am, however, shocked at the statement made by John McSparran of the Antrim County Board. The man is clearly not fit to hold office. In one ill timed brainless statement he has turned the tide against a GAA board frequented by GAA members and fans instead of shining the spotlight firmly on an anti gaa muppet from the UUP. I reckon everyone in GAA circles in Antrim should be informed of what this guy has said and the circumstances surrounding it and for the sake of GAA in Antrim he should be booted out of office. Who the f*ck does he think he is, requesting the shut down of a independent GAA board.

ONeill

McSparran has been waiting his chance to sink the board - he has form in this regard:

From a year ago:

http://www.irishnews.com/searchlog.asp?reason=denied_empty&script_name=/pageacc.asp&path_info=/pageacc.asp&tser1=ser&par=ben&sid=562568

The boys on the Antrim thread better watch out - only say nice things from now on or you'll have the good doctor on your case.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Good research there O'Neill -

Well done today by the way.

bignifanatic

Quote from: red hander on October 11, 2008, 11:39:29 AM
The boul Neil is not answering his landline or mobile phones.  I thought he said he was willing to speak to anyone from the board offended by that disgusting comment he didn't post ???

Thats funny, I am having lunch overlooking the skyline in Chicago, I picked up my phone  and called Neil, lo and behold he answered the call.

For my part, I think a lot of you are very quick to denounce this man for carrying on in this site, you all do it all the time but since he is a protestant he feels that you are hanging him out to dry.

I am away to watch our boys get three valuable world cup points but in the meantime. LEAVE NEIL ALONE!!!!!!

the green man

Quote from: bignifanatic on October 11, 2008, 07:50:38 PM
Neil is happy to talk to anyone about what he said, what he said was meant in jest and was not meant to cause harm.

So he did say it