Irish mercenaries, unionist coat trailers and the Bard of Dunclug

Started by Donagh, October 08, 2008, 11:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bignifanatic

Quote from: the green man on October 11, 2008, 07:52:43 PM
Quote from: bignifanatic on October 11, 2008, 07:50:38 PM
Neil is happy to talk to anyone about what he said, what he said was meant in jest and was not meant to cause harm.

So he did say it

Say what exactly?

Neil says a lot of things.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on October 11, 2008, 07:00:20 PM
McSparran has been waiting his chance to sink the board - he has form in this regard:

From a year ago:

http://www.irishnews.com/searchlog.asp?reason=denied_empty&script_name=/pageacc.asp&path_info=/pageacc.asp&tser1=ser&par=ben&sid=562568

The boys on the Antrim thread better watch out - only say nice things from now on or you'll have the good doctor on your case.
He can stick his oakley wrap around shades up his hole,the gloves are off.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

dodgy umpire

Quote from: bignifanatic on October 11, 2008, 07:58:47 PM
Quote from: the green man on October 11, 2008, 07:52:43 PM
Neil is happy to talk to anyone about what he said, what he said was meant in jest and was not meant to cause harm.

So he did say it

Say what exactly?

Neil says a lot of things.

haha. "oops" i hear u cry
The Boys in Red and Black are back

bignifanatic

I agree with the good doctor. Given the way people on this site shamelessly lambast British citizens in good standing the site should be closed down.

If you knew Neil you would know he is a decent man and leave him alone.

See, I missed the start of our game. Bye Bye.

TORGAEL

No one is arguing that he may or may not be a decent man, but he made an incredibly poor lapse in judgement for someone in public office to post the comment and previous comments that he did. You sound ridiculous trying to defend him by saying "leave him alone" and "the board should be closed down". Its the playground defense of a child !

mylestheslasher

I think since this has gone national now is time for the mods to step in and tell us whether all the bards posts were from the same IP address and also whether there are any other posters on here posting from the same IP address as the bard. I smell something very odd about this, especially with these brainless defences from Bignifanatic. What are the mods afraid of???

theskull1

Unless I missed something

Can we say for sure that this was indeed the person in question, or at the very least it was him who registered and it was his computer(ip address) that those comments were being posted from?

Surely this is needed before we say anything more. If I was the councilor in question, I would be demanding that this information was made available, so that he could clear his name?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

the green man

Baile an tuaigh

Thats funny, I am having lunch overlooking the skyline in Chicago, I picked up my phone  and called Neil, lo and behold he answered the call.

Talking a bout funny i'am only a puck of the ball away  from there right now. Are you residing here or are you in for the marathon?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 11, 2008, 08:34:29 PM
I think since this has gone national now is time for the mods to step in and tell us whether all the bards posts were from the same IP address and also whether there are any other posters on here posting from the same IP address as the bard. I smell something very odd about this, especially with these brainless defences from Bignifanatic. What are the mods afraid of???
They are afraid of offending the OWC crowd.  The Mods need to grow some balls and be honest with genuine patrons who frequent their forums on this issue
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

pintsofguinness

Quote from: theskull1 on October 11, 2008, 08:38:06 PM
Unless I missed something

Can we say for sure that this was indeed the person in question, or at the very least it was him who registered and it was his computer(ip address) that those comments were being posted from?

Surely this is needed before we say anything more. If I was the councilor in question, I would be demanding that this information was made available, so that he could clear his name?

Skull, it's his email address and as Fionn pointed out in some thread he would have had to use his address to verify his account - I don't think he's denying the bard is him, just that he's made one of the disgraceful comments.

I don't know what the mods can do?

Bignifanatic, if you're a fan of Armstrong's I suggest you button it because you're making things worse for him.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

the green man

Are we over reacting a bit here? The shooting comment, I don't really have a problem with. People write things on message boards to get a reaction without actually meaning it. Its the 'priest' comment I'd find more offensive, to be honest.

orangeman

the green man

Quote from: orangeman on October 11, 2008, 09:01:59 PM
Think it was more than buggers !!

I initially had bastards down, but the font of knowledge Wiki said buggers.

The Real Laoislad

If someone does ring this fella will you ask him if he really landed on the moon or was it all a hoax.

Regards,

Laoislad
You'll Never Walk Alone.