Irish mercenaries, unionist coat trailers and the Bard of Dunclug

Started by Donagh, October 08, 2008, 11:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: the green man on October 11, 2008, 09:00:23 PM
Are we over reacting a bit here? The shooting comment, I don't really have a problem with. People write things on message boards to get a reaction without actually meaning it. Its the 'priest' comment I'd find more offensive, to be honest.

Assuming he made those comments.....

Offensive ugly prejudiced comments yes. It is a great insight however to hear such commentary come from someone you would expect a more balanced perspective from (him being a "leader" within his community  :-\). I think it's fair to use these comments as a finger in the air evaluation to gage just how far hearts and minds need to travel before the north could be considered anywhere close to normal. If large swathes of the unionist community hold those views then I don't quite know what to think  ???

Agree with those comments that it is quite unbelievable how this board is being made to be the problem rather than the person making the comments in the first place. Any word of them wanting to find out?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Stalin

Quote from: bignifanatic on October 11, 2008, 07:50:38 PM
Quote from: red hander on October 11, 2008, 11:39:29 AM
The boul Neil is not answering his landline or mobile phones.  I thought he said he was willing to speak to anyone from the board offended by that disgusting comment he didn't post ???

Thats funny, I am having lunch overlooking the skyline in Chicago, I picked up my phone  and called Neil, lo and behold he answered the call.

For my part, I think a lot of you are very quick to denounce this man for carrying on in this site, you all do it all the time but since he is a protestant he feels that you are hanging him out to dry.

I am away to watch our boys get three valuable world cup points but in the meantime. LEAVE NEIL ALONE!!!!!!

howd that one work out for you? hasnt been the best of weeks, eh?
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 11, 2008, 09:13:32 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 11, 2008, 09:09:23 PM
If someone does ring this fella will you ask him if he really landed on the moon or was it all a hoax.

Regards,

Laoislad
While we're on the subject LL, you might want to change the link to your "webpage" before any complaints could come in...  :o

Christ how did that link get there? I think I left my laptop unattended and someone put it there
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Maguire01

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 11, 2008, 09:34:24 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 11, 2008, 09:20:02 PMAgree with those comments that it is quite unbelievable how this board is being made to be the problem rather than the person making the comments in the first place. Any word of them wanting to find out?
Remember, guns don't kill people...
Rappers do.

Minder

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 11, 2008, 10:32:45 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 11, 2008, 09:34:24 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 11, 2008, 09:20:02 PMAgree with those comments that it is quite unbelievable how this board is being made to be the problem rather than the person making the comments in the first place. Any word of them wanting to find out?
Remember, guns don't kill people...
Rappers do.

Rabbits do
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bignifanatic

Damn and blast, we held out until five minutes from the end, in fact we should have scored a hatful before they scored twice at the end of the game.

Very disappointing result but we will continue to fight and hopefully we can qualify yet.

Today has been a rough day, I wish I was at home to take care of my friend who so many of you wish to destroy.

After some of the filth Fearon has posted here and what some of you have said about OWC and their members I find that this board has more than it's fair share of intolerant people.

Minder

Quote from: bignifanatic on October 11, 2008, 10:42:47 PM
Damn and blast, we held out until five minutes from the end, in fact we should have scored a hatful before they scored twice at the end of the game.

Very disappointing result but we will continue to fight and hopefully we can qualify yet.

Today has been a rough day, I wish I was at home to take care of my friend who so many of you wish to destroy.

After some of the filth Fearon has posted here and what some of you have said about OWC and their members I find that this board has more than it's fair share of intolerant people.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on October 11, 2008, 10:45:42 PM

Where did you find that picture of Ziggy and Hardstation?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Minder on October 11, 2008, 10:45:42 PM

:D  :D  :D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

the green man

Quote from: bignifanatic on October 11, 2008, 07:50:38 PM
Quote from: red hander on October 11, 2008, 11:39:29 AM
The boul Neil is not answering his landline or mobile phones.  I thought he said he was willing to speak to anyone from the board offended by that disgusting comment he didn't post ???

Thats funny, I am having lunch overlooking the skyline in Chicago, I picked up my phone  and called Neil, lo and behold he answered the call.

For my part, I think a lot of you are very quick to denounce this man for carrying on in this site, you all do it all the time but since he is a protestant he feels that you are hanging him out to dry.

I am away to watch our boys get three valuable world cup points but in the meantime. LEAVE NEIL ALONE!!!!!!

Poorly edited. A massive gap missing in the middle.

Minder

Exactly Mid Louth, the "Antrim Hurling Thread" would probably make his eyes water (shit i forgot he has been monitoring it lately), basically if it is a shit we call it a shit, Im not sure what he wants, some sort of media blackout if you are criticising Aontroim? Everyone that posts on the Antrim hurling thread wants the best for Antrim hurling but they also want certain people to be held accountable.......perhaps thats where the problem is.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: theskull1 on October 11, 2008, 09:20:02 PM
Quote from: the green man on October 11, 2008, 09:00:23 PM
Are we over reacting a bit here? The shooting comment, I don't really have a problem with. People write things on message boards to get a reaction without actually meaning it. Its the 'priest' comment I'd find more offensive, to be honest.

Assuming he made those comments.....

Offensive ugly prejudiced comments yes. It is a great insight however to hear such commentary come from someone you would expect a more balanced perspective from (him being a "leader" within his community  :-\). I think it's fair to use these comments as a finger in the air evaluation to gage just how far hearts and minds need to travel before the north could be considered anywhere close to normal. If large swathes of the unionist community hold those views then I don't quite know what to think  ???

Agree with those comments that it is quite unbelievable how this board is being made to be the problem rather than the person making the comments in the first place. Any word of them wanting to find out?
Almost everyone on this site purports to be against bigotry of all kinds and that only themmuns are bigots. In light of that would any board members (OWCers excepted) have been running to the papers if it was discovered that a Sinn Fein councillor was on here making equally disparaging comments about themmuns? I think it would be safe to say we know the answer to that one! Remember the one about people living in glass houses  ;)

Minder

Exactly Tony, i actually think a few of them came in their y fronts. Did you get my PM?

Tony Baloney

I got your message and pm. Heading to the pit now. It's alright for a boy like you...