FIFA 2009

Started by el Chino, October 03, 2008, 03:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el Chino

Anybody played the new FIFA yet?

I've just been playing it, the last time I bought a FIFA game was 1999 on PS1, been a pro evo man since.
Thought i'd give this one a try as I heard good reports.

I have to say that its seems very good.  I'm finding it a bit harder to score than in Pro but maybe because im not used to it.

Don't know if its better than Pro yet.

Any thoughts???

nutsy--1

is the new pro out next week??
who's on the front of FIFA i heard it was Richard Dunne but thats hard to believe.

Minder

Quote from: nutsy--1 on October 03, 2008, 03:44:26 PM
who's on the front of FIFA i heard it was Richard Dunne but thats hard to believe.

Ronaldinho and someone of a similar physique to Dunne, Mr Rooney.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jack_Black

just got it today, only played a couple of games though

its alot harder to score in FIFA09 than it was in FIFA08

will take some getting used to if youve played loads of FIFA08

nutsy--1

Quote from: Minder on October 03, 2008, 03:46:46 PM

Ronaldinho and someone of a similar physique to Dunne, Mr Rooney.
thats a bit harsh i think on richard dunne!!!
is all of the transfers completed, i hate playing games with old players.

el Chino

yeah i think its up to date, eg Berbatov plays for Utd

The Real Laoislad

Why ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Jack_Black on October 03, 2008, 03:47:05 PM

Glad you got it - if you order it well in advance from amazon or play you normally get it the day before it comes out (sometimes two days before).

I'm looking forward to it if it's different.  Sitting waiting fro me in my house but I'll not be there until tomorrow evening. :(

Pro is out the 17th I think? Something like that but I don't think I'll be rushing to buy it, not after last years shite.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Our Nail Loney

Said in interview with dunne last week hes on the cover for the irish version of the game... Big deal!

The Real Laoislad

Any other changes? Graphics the same etc?
Is Be-a-pro mode in it? I loved playing that in '08 but thought it could do with some fine tuning like camera angles etc..

You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 03, 2008, 07:35:43 PM

Is Be-a-pro mode in it? I loved playing that in '08 but thought it could do with some fine tuning like camera angles etc..

Read a review today where it said the be a pro mode has been updated with new camera angles and you can now play 10 v 10 games online.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 03, 2008, 09:01:52 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 03, 2008, 07:35:43 PM

Read a review today where it said the be a pro mode has been updated with new camera angles and you can now play 10 v 10 games online.

Good stuff...
I always buy both Fifa and Pro Evo,Imho Pro Evo peaked at Pro Evo 4
I spent some amount of hours playing that game
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Stalin

Quote from: el Chino on October 03, 2008, 03:34:32 PM
Anybody played the new FIFA yet?

I've just been playing it, the last time I bought a FIFA game was 1999 on PS1, been a pro evo man since.
Thought i'd give this one a try as I heard good reports.

I have to say that its seems very good.  I'm finding it a bit harder to score than in Pro but maybe because im not used to it.

Don't know if its better than Pro yet.

Any thoughts???

Traitor >:(
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

pintsofguinness

What system are yous playing this on?

I played it for about a hour last night (on ps2) and I'm a little disappointed.  I like the way it's easier to hang on to the ball particularly if you've a strong player on it.  I think the shooting is improved, much easier to take and direct  a shot from outside the box without it ballooning.  They seem to allow a lot more physical challenges in one respect but blow you up for running in to a player?

Other than that I think it's very similar to the last one which is disappointing and I'm finding it quite easy - it's already on the world class mode  :-\
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 05, 2008, 10:34:59 AM
What system are yous playing this on?

I played it for about a hour last night (on ps2) and I'm a little disappointed.  I like the way it's easier to hang on to the ball particularly if you've a strong player on it.  I think the shooting is improved, much easier to take and direct  a shot from outside the box without it ballooning.  They seem to allow a lot more physical challenges in one respect but blow you up for running in to a player?

Other than that I think it's very similar to the last one which is disappointing and I'm finding it quite easy - it's already on the world class mode  :-\

I haven't got it as yet but I am of the belief that EA won't put as much effort into the PS2 version of the game and I would also think they will stop making games for the PS2 in the next year or two,so that could be why you don't find much difference in the PS2 version
I have read reports on the PS3 version and by all accounts its a great game and is a big improvment on last years effort
You'll Never Walk Alone.