"fifty Dead Men Walking"

Started by gerry, September 29, 2008, 09:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Zapatista on March 04, 2010, 06:09:59 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 04, 2010, 06:06:44 PM
Zap, you have confused me

Do you think that the posters on here you talk about did well as they never joined the IRA or is it something they should be shamefull about?
Ah I get ya now.  It's not for me to say how anyone should feel about it.  I think that they are bigmouths in that they are talking the talk and not prepared to walk the walk.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 04, 2010, 06:07:56 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 04, 2010, 06:01:52 PM
The provos are riddled with paedophiles too or are you conveniently ignoring that?
Well there's no evidence that they were "riddled", unlike the church!
I wouldn't be so sure
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Franko

The provos are riddled with paedophiles too or are you conveniently ignoring that?

Oh and Franko, almost forgot to ask you the question.  If it ever transpires that wee Marty or Gerry were touts, will you be shouting for them to be stripped, bound, gagged, blindfolded, shot and left in a ditch along the border with 2 bullets in the back of their head?

If your fairytale situation transpires and either of those two did something like that then, in my opinion, they'll deserve the same treatment as McGartland should get.  I wont be 'shouting' for it but (as I said for McGartland) I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be happy to see it happen.

Was that supposed to be a hard question or something?

I'm also alarmed at the detail you go into with regard to the 'disposal' of touts.  Have you something to hide or are you just trying to beef up you argument with a few dangerous sounding words?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Franko on March 04, 2010, 06:22:18 PM

Oh and Franko, almost forgot to ask you the question.  If it ever transpires that wee Marty or Gerry were touts, will you be shouting for them to be stripped, bound, gagged, blindfolded, shot and left in a ditch along the border with 2 bullets in the back of their head?

If your fairytale situation transpires and either of those two did something like that then, in my opinion, they'll deserve the same treatment as McGartland should get.  I wont be 'shouting' for it but (as I said for McGartland) I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be happy to see it happen.

I'm also alarmed at the detail you go into with regard to the 'disposal' of touts.  Have you something to hide or are you just trying to beef up you argument with a few dangerous sounding words?
Firstly, it's not so much of a fairytale really.  Donaldson was high profile, he had been to Libya to get guns from Gadaffi, didn't stop him from being turned, if he was turned, then so could Martin or Gerry.

Why are you alarmed at the detail?  What is wrong with an accurate description of what has happened to so many through the years? 
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Nally Stand

Ardmhaca do you seriously think the IRA could have mounted such a heavy and sustained campaign if it were "riddled" with touts?? And tell me, do you join every group and organisation you support? Funny that the best you can come up with is to attack people for having a pro IRA line on this board. I suppose it would suit you better if we all left? Then you wouldn't have so many tough questions to avoid and wouldn't have to write so much sensationalist shite with "dangerous sounding words".
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Franko

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 04, 2010, 06:27:44 PM

Firstly, it's not so much of a fairytale really.  Donaldson was high profile, he had been to Libya to get guns from Gadaffi, didn't stop him from being turned, if he was turned, then so could Martin or Gerry.

Why are you alarmed at the detail?  What is wrong with an accurate description of what has happened to so many through the years?

Do you see the word above which I have highlighted in bold?   Well that word means that your scenario is a fairytale.

Regardless, as I have said, my opinion would still be the same.

There is nothing wrong with your accurate description.  I just think you were being a bit sensationalist (thanks Nally  ;))by describing the events in such detail.  I could resort to the same rubbish myself when describing the abuse perpetrated by the 'leaders' of the group you so often defend but I obviously have a little more taste and a little less time than your good self.

Franko

Quote from: Franko on March 04, 2010, 06:50:36 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 04, 2010, 06:27:44 PM

Do you see the word above which I have highlighted in bold?   Well that word means that your scenario is a fairytale.

Regardless, as I have said, my opinion would still be the same.

There is nothing wrong with your accurate description.  I just think you were being a bit sensationalist (thanks Nally  ;)) by describing the events in such detail.  I could resort to the same rubbish myself when describing the abuse perpetrated by the 'leaders' of the group you so often defend but I obviously have a little more taste and a little less time than your good self.

ardmhachaabu

Sensationalist to describe the brutality they put people through and the funniest thing of all is, the ones shooting touts were touts

Franko

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 04, 2010, 06:58:46 PM
Sensationalist to describe the brutality they put people through and the funniest thing of all is, the ones shooting touts were touts

And.... ???

Again I feel compelled to ask you if you have a point?  Or are you just blurting out sentences?

Nally Stand

Well ardmhaca I think we all are mature enough to have our own opinions so writing a post like you're writing a thriller won't change the minds of anyone. We're not all sucked in by years of a similar style of journalism.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 04, 2010, 06:58:46 PM
^^ See that bit I bolded just for you franko, that's my point.  Are you a bit slow?

Nally Stand

Your inside knowledge of the IRA never ceases to amaze ardmhaca.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 04, 2010, 07:33:07 PM
Your inside knowledge of the IRA never ceases to amaze ardmhaca.
There's these things nally, they are called books.  It's amazing what is in some of them

Nally Stand

"i know more about the IRA in Ardoyne than I can say here". Well did you read that in a book? If so why can't you say what you know? And maybe while you're at it you could tell me in what book it states that all the touts were shot by touts? And that the IRA was "riddled" with touts? Remember you lose points if your references aren't correctly laid out;-)

ardmhachaabu

Can't answer that publicly, not sure if i would privately either. 
I will say that it wouldn't be the first time I witnessed the OC over there beating one of his mates up when they were out boozing together
Yes I said riddled, the book about Scap tells all.

I will tell you even better than that, the 2 men who had kidnapped McGartland and had him in a flat in Twinbrook questioning and torturing him

Both of them have been long suspected of being touts too

Main Street

They reckon the main causes of failure of Irish rebellions were drink cowardice, touts and spies.

Some folk tend to have a rosy picture of older rebel days.
In the War of Independence, up to 200 of (category A) touts were executed and God knows how many were scalped, tarred or exiled.
Tom Barry's  brigade was accused of hiding a sectarian slaughter behind the veil of executing informers but the recorded facts state he nailed 15 touts all told, some 9 catholics and 6 protestants.
When you nail a tout, you need to get the message out in the starkest manner to all other touts.

In Clare a freshly executed tout had a label pinned to his chest
EXECUTED BY THE I.R.A.    GETTING THEM AT LAST.     BEWARE.