"fifty Dead Men Walking"

Started by gerry, September 29, 2008, 09:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

I have never met a tout whose life was worth more than the dust under my shoe.
I also include squealers in there.
i don't know about snitches, depends who they snitch on. I would make a moral judgement based on the merits of each snitch case.

Franko

Quote from: Puckoon on March 03, 2010, 05:34:23 PM
Where'd you pull that definition from - your ass? Grow up you idiot.

No one fought for me. Or my family. I can go back as many generations as necessary on both sides and they didnt need anyone fighting the brits for them. They kept their heads down and made livings for themselves off the land. Their own land. No "ivory towers" or the like. Sorry to dissapoint you.

Franko - asking me if your opinion is OK is a redundant question. You think whatever you want. I happen to think your comments are disgusting.

Thanks for that.  Can I just remind you that your 'allowing' me to think whatever I want infers that you won't then insult me for thinking it.

I happen to have the opinion that what Martin McGartland and his fellow touts/snitchers/informers did was far more disgusting than any remarks I have made.  So, to re-iterate, I hope he gets what's coming to him.

Rav67

Quote from: Ulick on March 03, 2010, 10:50:14 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on March 03, 2010, 10:31:53 PM
Do you have any statistics to back this up again?

I know Donagh/Ulick doesnt value the CAIN reporting, and theres been a thread on here before, but those claims are laughable.

He/I did? What was that about?

The latest stats I've read, based on the Lost Lives book, was that 79% of IRA victims were willing participants in the conflict (21% innocent civilians). That would compare favourably with any other conflict whether it be the War of Independence or the Iraq War (where estimates put the US & UK civilian casualties at 95%).

Think I'd like to read more on that, particularly as regards the definition of a 'willing participant'.  I'd guess it would be taken to quite wide for these purposes, eg Patsy Gillespie.

Franko

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 03, 2010, 06:46:02 PM
You are wasting your time puck

Hold on a second, weren't you on another thread, calling for 2 children (who certainly had committed a terrible crime) to be hanged?  :o

McGartland knowingly stood and watched a man get tortured and killed for something which he did.  What punisment would you ascribe to someone who had done something like this?  At what point does your 'eye for an eye' mantra end?

EagleLord

Great film I thought. Watched it ages ago, our fella had it on dvd. Completely legal of course! :P

Ulick

Quote from: Rav67 on March 03, 2010, 11:55:52 PM
Think I'd like to read more on that, particularly as regards the definition of a 'willing participant'.  I'd guess it would be taken to quite wide for these purposes, eg Patsy Gillespie.

Gillespie worked for the British army so yes I'd say he was a willing participant.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Franko on March 04, 2010, 12:02:07 AM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 03, 2010, 06:46:02 PM
You are wasting your time puck

Hold on a second, weren't you on another thread, calling for 2 children (who certainly had committed a terrible crime) to be hanged?  :o

McGartland knowingly stood and watched a man get tortured and killed for something which he did.  What punisment would you ascribe to someone who had done something like this?  At what point does your 'eye for an eye' mantra end?
I revised my opinion, I suggest you read the thread again

For a supporter of murdering b*stards you have some neck on ya
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ardmhachaabu

I wonder how many supporters of the provo killing machine on here would have shot/bombed anyone themselves.  I suspect that not too many would have, they prefer to sit in the comfort of their armchairs at home and pontificate to the rest of us about pacifism etc

Hypocrites!
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Nally Stand

Hypocrites? Feck man at least if you are going to call us hypocrites have a real reason, not what you "think" we "would" have done. Then again, you've claimed to be the man in the know when it comes to different IRA brigade areas. Sure you would know who on this board was a member at that rate.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Franko

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 04, 2010, 08:35:33 AM
I wonder how many supporters of the provo killing machine on here would have shot/bombed anyone themselves.  I suspect that not too many would have, they prefer to sit in the comfort of their armchairs at home and pontificate to the rest of us about pacifism etc

Hypocrites!

Quite possibly none.  Just because you empathise with the cause for which someone does something (and possibly support their methods) doesn't mean you would necessarily go to the same lengths for the cause yourself.

How many members of the catholic church become priests/nuns/monks?  A very small percentage I would venture.  I know someone on here who sits behind his/her keyboard pontificating about the greatness of the church.  Is he/she equally as big a 'hypocrite'?

What a bullshit point ffs.  ::)

glens abu

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 04, 2010, 08:46:50 AM
Hypocrites? Feck man at least if you are going to call us hypocrites have a real reason, not what you "think" we "would" have done. Then again, you've claimed to be the man in the know when it comes to different IRA brigade areas. Sure you would know who on this board was a member at that rate.

ffs Nally do you not know you are talking to Willie Frazer,he knows everything about the Ra ;D

rossie mad

Well i didnt think posting i watched this dvd and giving my thoughts on what i thought of it would have opened up this can of worms.

I watched Mongol last night telling the story of genghis khan and his rise to power.

Very good film in my eyes and you get a very good respect for him as a man and as a leader.

They will hardly be two pages about that though

Franko

Quote from: rossie mad on March 04, 2010, 09:46:24 AM
Well i didnt think posting i watched this dvd and giving my thoughts on what i thought of it would have opened up this can of worms.

I watched Mongol last night telling the story of genghis khan and his rise to power.

Very good film in my eyes and you get a very good respect for him as a man and as a leader.

They will hardly be two pages about that though

Do you want someone to explain why or can you work it out yourself?

rossie mad

Franko

Quote from: rossie mad on March 04, 2010, 10:06:55 AM

How do you mean?

I thought I detected a hint of sarcasm in the comment about the amount of pages this thread has went to.  The point I was alluding to is that it doesn't take a genius to work out why a film about an IRA informer would generate more interest on a GAA discussion board than a film about Genghis Khan.

If you weren't being sarcastic please accept my humblest apologies because I certainly was!