DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: heffo on February 01, 2009, 08:03:03 PM
Quote from: Doohicky on February 01, 2009, 07:50:28 PM
Was a great game and the seats for the Season ticket holders could hardly have been better.

Was good chatting to ya FOSB!

Are the two of ye not members of your local clubs lads?

It was more a case of us only realising who we each were last week heffo, more neighbours than clubmates!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

heffo

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 01, 2009, 08:20:07 PM
Was a great game and the seats for the Season ticket holders could hardly have been better.

It was more a case of us only realising who we each were last week heffo, more neighbours than clubmates!

It's a good thing you weren't bitching about him so!

omagh_gael

absolutely brilliant game, honestly can say i have never enjoyed a tyrone game as much (barring AI final wins) cant praise SON's score from endline enough, just after seeing it on sunday sport on rte2 and it was even tighter to the line than i thought and i was sitting in lower canal to the left of the posts! the whole evening was a huge sucess, i was firmly in the 'half a million up in smoke' camp but i was completely wrong, the whole experience was spectacular with great music, lighting, fireworks and the run down of great gaa moments was truely spine tingling stuff!

On a light hearted note, i was sitting next to a family from armagh and the wee girl sitting on her dads lap got a bit carried away in the last 5 mins and started roaring for tyrone, cue a stern talking to from dad and a reminder of were she was from  :D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: heffo on February 01, 2009, 08:23:47 PM
It's a good thing you weren't bitching about him so!

Knew he wasn't a Dub  ;)

gerry

a good game and a cold beer hard to beat   ;D ;D

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

omagh_gael

quick question FOSB, how did u post your photos? i have some good ones that i wouldnt mind putting up but it keeps telling me file size is too large, it only allows up to 128kb and each jpegi have is around 400kb!

new devil

ziggysego

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 01, 2009, 08:47:37 PM
quick question FOSB, how did u post your photos? i have some good ones that i wouldnt mind putting up but it keeps telling me file size is too large, it only allows up to 128kb and each jpegi have is around 400kb!

http://imageshack.us/
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 01, 2009, 08:47:37 PM

I use www.photobucket.com og, free to register and the basic offering is good enough.

Doohicky

I'm not actually a member of any club at the moment  :-\

I keep saying I am going to join one up here in Belfast, but always have a 'reason' why I don't get around to it. I really should to be honest.

pedro

Absolutely fantastic evening, well worth €20. What better entertainment could you get for that money? Would be great if teh GAA could do something like this every year. That really was marketing, plenty of families there whose kids were just enthralled by the whole evening. Great to see. And the match wasn't bad either!

Cavanagh, despite not having the best of games, really stood up when counted. His score to equalise was magnificent. He seemed a bit wary of taking any big hits early on in the game.

SON was fantastic, no other word can describe that performance. Nobody could have marked him last night. However, I am going to throw the cat amongst the pigeons and query whether he meant it. Was he trying to cross the ball to the far post? I'm not sure who it was (Muggsy or Cavanagh) but there was a Tyrone player at the back post.

Swift, Cassidy, Joe McMahon had good games as had McCullagh.

For the Dubs, Bernard Brogan was excellent when he got the ball but he was beaten to it a few times. May have been down to the quality of the ball that was coming in. Whelan was fairly good but his dive was laughable. I think that sort of behaviour should be treated with a red card. Ger Brennan was also good, a tough player who is also good on the ball. Sherlock was lively and Justin McMahon a tough night of it.
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

loughshore lad

I thought that McGuigan had a great match. Although he rarely played the final ball, I thought that in the first half every point we scored went through him at some point and it was his balls that got us in the position to pull the Dublin defence apart.

Yes he was good alright, think you could see a lot more of him in that play making role this year.

The Real Laoislad

Anyone else think after watching last night it would be a good idea to have a Leinster Final or even a All Ireland Final at night and have a bit of a shindig with lights/fireworks etc beforehand?
You see it for most finals like the Heineken cup or Champions League
You'll Never Walk Alone.

aroundincircles

tommy mc guigan has the makings of being equally as good a play maker as brian is his prime, centre half forward is his position... in a matter of interest where is brian at the minute???

The GAA

Fantastic attacking football last night. credit to tyrone for their passing and support play.

couple of things i thought...

whelan is a handful and had a great game.
SON - fantastic
fair play to cavanagh - stepped up despite having a bit of a mare.
bastick could be the dub's answer at 3.
bernard brogan is a handful.
ditto jayo.

three neagatives...

mcginley should have walked for the number of personal fouls on whelan alone.
the irony of jordan looking whelan booked for play acting!
defenders aren't making tackles for fear of missing fractionally