DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

QuoteEnjoyed the game. We made a game of it in the second half but we had to after the abject first half. It was exhibtion stuff at times rather than real championship football. Tyrone really are an awesome outfit and are even better this year. O Neill is off the scale he's so good. Same old problems with dublin we don't have any tight marking corner backs and we struggle to produce half forwards as a result we aren't going to win Sam anytime soon.
The positives were the full forward line and Whelan (brain fade aside). Brennan had a good 2nd half and Bastic might make a full back. We've no patience when there is nothing on. Dublin far too often try to force the pass instead of recycling the ball like tyrone and as a result get hit on the break. I don't know why Shane Ryan was taken off, I thought he made an immeadiate impact.
But tyrone scored when they scratched themselves and I thought they were in 2nd gear for a lot of it. Tyrone have some of the best players of my generation and its a pleasure to watch them like last night.

My thoughts exactly  -Don't think we are within an asses roar of Tyrone in full flow - but a great night and congrats but was there really need to show Mulligans goal 3 times in the video tribute ;)

ziggysego

The IFA heard about the celebrations in Croke Park last night, so put on their own show at Windsor Park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RwBOerUGPQ
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ziggysego on February 01, 2009, 12:16:13 PM
The IFA heard about the celebrations in Croke Park last night, so put on their own show at Windsor Park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RwBOerUGPQ

At least the got a bigger crowd than normal out for them.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

lynchbhoy

loved the game , atmosphere, craic, entertainment, fireworks and above all the match last night.
Proud to be a GAA man alright with it all.

though Tyrone were sublime in the first half, mccullough providing the mercurial SON and Cavanagh with assists.

Dubs didnt help themselves by playing players out of position. Andrews is being played as a defender (like his clubmate Lally in obynre cup) and way out of position. A few passengers on the Dubs side. Improve upon this and Dublin will have a team capable to challenging Kerry and Tyrone.
New tryrone midfielder cassidy is a great find. The Da reckons McMenamin was motm from watching on TV.
The young lads I brought to the game were thrilled with the occasion and game.
Converted to GAA. Mission accomplished!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

winsamsoon

Agree whole heartedly lads and lassies. Was in the upper Davin myself and i would s it was the best position for the fireworks. As Lynch boy said proub to be a GAA man last night.

I got up this morning with eyes like that dog and now i have to go to training. Guess whose throwing up ;D ;D ;D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Jinxy

Quote from: Declan on February 01, 2009, 11:48:57 AM

My thoughts exactly  -Don't think we are within an asses roar of Tyrone in full flow - but a great night and congrats but was there really need to show Mulligans goal 3 times in the video tribute ;)

That made me laugh alright, don't think the Hill appreciated it. ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

loughshore lad

Fantastic game and occasion last night, for €20 it was exceptional value for money.

After Tyrone threatening to run away with things in the first half the dubs really upped the anti in the second.  They loked in pretty good shape in the second half.  Bernard Brogan, Whelan and their centre back to the fore.

From a Tyrone perspective the highlights were Swift, Cassidy, Mugsy and obviously O'Neill.  Swift was very assured I thought while Cassidy opened brightly before he ran out of steam.  Mugsy showed consistently even when much of the ball was going to O'Neill who was sublime.

Devine's kicking would be a concern.  Jayo gave Justin McMahon the most uncomfortable outing he has had in a county jersey.  McGee was lucky to last as long as he did.

ccosgrave

Sounds like it was a great night to be had by all. I wish I could have been there!

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 31, 2009, 08:13:45 PM
Do this an fear
Quote from: Azzurri on January 31, 2009, 08:00:54 PM
Its working for me now

Download this:

http://misc.tvants.com/download/TvantsSetup.exe

Then go here and click the TVants link:

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=29627&part=sports

Whealen is a laugh, did you see his response to the ref, great actor.

Tankie and Gnevin had the right idea.
Do you even read what is posted here or make it up as you go along?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 01, 2009, 02:26:50 PM
What do you mean?
I've already point out to you that I never said I boycotting the game. Just like i never said I didn't care about North in that other thread
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Fear ón Srath Bán

From the Lower Cusack, just on the half-way line, the best I could do with my little compact...

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

Bitta-Banter

Quote from: Open yer eyes Man on January 31, 2009, 09:02:30 PM
Once again, Cavanagh completely and totally not at the races or the pace of the game.

good one 'open yer eyes',right on cue cavanagh scores 2 crackers to win it