Chaos in Belfast as "terrorism apologist" flees Dublin

Started by Donagh, September 25, 2008, 10:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

'Twist' Revealed As Interpol Seek ETA Member In Dublin

http://www.4ni.co.uk/northern_ireland_news.asp?id=82826

The International Police have been asked to find a convicted ETA member in Dublin, after it emerged he'd been living in the city in recent weeks.

In a surprising twist revealed by an Irish Newspaper, the hunt centered on the Dublin address of James Monaghan, who was one of the so-called 'Colombia Three'.

A Spanish judge made the request to Interpol to arrest Inaki de Juana Chaos at the specific Dublin address.

Mr Chaos, the 52-year-old man who is being sought, was sentenced to 3,000 years in prison for a series of 25 murders in the 1980s.

He was released from prison after 21 years on August 3rd and is reported to have flown to Ireland the next day.

GardaĆ­ are believed to have been aware of Mr De Juana Chaos's presence in Ireland following a tip off from the Spanish authorities via Interpol, and he has been under surveillance in Dublin.

It is also understood the wanted man has spent time in Belfast and that the PSNI has also been tracking his movements there.

Mr De Juana Chaos is now wanted for the crime of "terrorism apologist" after writing a letter of support for the Basque Separatist Group.

The address he stayed at is linked to the Colombia Three, Niall Connolly, Martin McCauley and James Monaghan, who were initially arrested in 2002 at an airport in Colombia.

Later sentenced to 17 years jail in that country on charges of training Marxists rebels, they 'vanished' in December 2004, while on bail awaiting an appeal.

Ulster unionists later reacted with anger at news that the fugitive trio had arrived back in the Republic of Ireland.

In 2005, there were widespread calls to the Irish Government to send the three men back to Colombia to face due legal process, but that didn't happen.

stephenite

Donagh

Quote from: stephenite on September 25, 2008, 11:35:43 AM
Donagh, why is there "chaos" in Belfast?

Was on the news this morning that he has skipped over the border to Belfast.

stephenite

Quote from: Donagh on September 25, 2008, 11:37:12 AM

Is he starting riots? Have Interpol shut off all the main streets? Just assumed if he was in Belfast he's be keeping the head down

Donagh

Quote from: stephenite on September 25, 2008, 11:40:13 AM
Quote from: Donagh on September 25, 2008, 11:37:12 AM

Is he starting riots? Have Interpol shut off all the main streets? Just assumed if he was in Belfast he's be keeping the head down

His name is "Inaki de Juana Chaos:P

stephenite

Down Gael

Great headline Donagh, maybe its all the practice you get with Spin Fein.

mylestheslasher

Hardy

I'm going to Spain next week. Will that even things up?

screenmachine

:D :D If i was a terrorist i couldn't pick a better name...Mr Chaos, brilliant.  I heard he has a background team of Roger Rifle and Sam Cemtex...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

give her dixie

I hear the "Bomber Liston" has gone underground following the ambush at Croke Park at the weekend.......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

mylestheslasher

Quote from: screenmachine on September 25, 2008, 12:38:05 PM
:D :D If i was a terrorist i couldn't pick a better name...Mr Chaos, brilliant.  I heard he has a background team of Roger Rifle and Sam Cemtex...

Yeh, he sounds like a character from Austin Powers. :D

Evil Genius

Yes, amusing name for a not-so-amusing character (assuming you think mass murderers are a subject for levity).

Anyhow, this case reveals a nauseating case of double-standards within the Dublin Government, which we must assume passed Donagh by.

Another report on Chaos contains the following nugget:
Irish justice minister Dermot Ahern said gardai would give whatever support they could in the hunt for Mr Chaos.

"As far as I'm concerned and the government is concerned, Ireland should not have terrorists, either indigenous or foreign, on our shores," he said.

"If any request comes from any other country in relation to their own terrorists who are running around the world, we will co-operate as we always do."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7634746.stm

His use of the phrase (other country's) "own" terrorists is curious. Does this mean that if Osama Bin Laden, for example, were to pitch up in Dublin, that Ahern would refuse to comply with a request by the US Government to extradite him to Washington, on the basis that as a Saudi(?) citizen, Bin Laden is not one of their "own" terrorists?

For as we well know, the Government of Colombia still wants to see the so-called "Colombia Three" returned to that country, to stand trial for teaching FARC terrorists how to make their bombs and mortars more effective in blowing men, women and children to pieces.

Three years later, those self-same suspects are still living openly and freely in the Irish Republic. Indeed, one of the three is reported to be residing at the same address as Sinn Fein's Catriona Ruane, Education Minister in the NI Assembly. Perhaps Mr. Ahern might just ask her about it at the next meeting of North-South Ministerial Council?  >:(

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

full back

Quote from: Evil Genius on September 25, 2008, 02:50:09 PM
Yes, amusing name for a not-so-amusing character (assuming you think mass murderers are a subject for levity).

FFS, what a shit stirrer
People were laughing at how ironic the name was, get over it ::)

screenmachine

I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.