Chaos in Belfast as "terrorism apologist" flees Dublin

Started by Donagh, September 25, 2008, 10:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

The nit picking on here to score pathetic political points has hit a new low.

Bad guy called Mr Chaos. Obviously jokes will follow ffs  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

presumably evil loyalist, these 'bombs' killing men, women, children and cuddly family pets were set off in schools and old folks homes too....

usual rhetoric ...
::)

Evil Genius

Quote from: full back on September 25, 2008, 02:56:11 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on September 25, 2008, 02:50:09 PM
Yes, amusing name for a not-so-amusing character (assuming you think mass murderers are a subject for levity).

FFS, what a shit stirrer
People were laughing at how ironic the name was, get over it ::)

I am "over it". In fact, I'm beyond it i.e I found the aspect of his case which I highlighted much more interesting than the joke in his name. Perhaps you don't. Each to his own, I guess.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 25, 2008, 04:24:30 PM
presumably evil loyalist, these 'bombs' killing men, women, children and cuddly family pets were set off in schools and old folks homes too....

usual rhetoric ...

http://hrw.org/english/docs/2002/05/08/colomb3911.htm
Colombia: FARC Responsible for Atrocities
(New York, May 8, 2002) - The main rebel group in Colombia must stop attacking civilians using gas cylinder bombs, Human Rights Watch told the rebel commander in a letter released today. Using such weapons, the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia-People's Army (FARC-EP) has indiscriminately killed and injured numerous civilians and destroyed homes, schools, and churches.

The most recent of these attacks occurred on May 2, 2002, in Bojayá, Chocó. During a reported clash between the FARC-EP and paramilitary forces, civilians sought refuge in a local church. According to credible reports received by Human Rights Watch, at least one gas cylinder bomb fired by the FARC-EP forces struck this church, killing at least 117 civilians, including at least forty-eight children, and injuring at least 114 other civilians.  

"The FARC-EP is responsible for committing systematic atrocities against civilians," said José Miguel Vivanco, executive director of the Americas Division of Human Rights Watch. "The FARC-EP must immediately stop using gas cylinder bombs, because their use constitutes a serious violation of international humanitarian law."

OR

http://www.hrw.org/english/docs/2006/03/06/colomb12761.htm
Colombia: FARC Steps Up Attacks Before Elections
Use of Gas Cylinder Bombs and Killings of Civilians Violate Laws of War
(Washington, March 6, 2006) —

As national elections approach, Colombia's largest guerrilla group has intensified its attacks on civilians, Human Rights Watch said today.

Over the past week, the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia–People's Army (Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia, or FARC–EP) have killed at least 20 civilians in two separate massacres and an attack using gas cylinder bombs. On March 12, Colombia will hold congressional elections, which will be followed by presidential elections on May 28.  

"These massacres appear timed to spread terror before the elections and undermine the democratic process," said José Miguel Vivanco, Americas director at Human Rights Watch. "By continuing to commit atrocities, the FARC has once again displayed a complete disregard for the lives and well-being of the people it claims to represent."  

Human Rights Watch pointed out that recent FARC attacks have included grave violations of the right to life and the laws of war, including deliberate killings of civilians and the indiscriminate use of gas cylinder bombs.

OR

http://ireland.indymedia.org/article/61054
Shocking Atrocity by FARC in Colombia
Thursday September 11, 2003 20:46
AP:
BOGOTA, Colombia -- A bomb strapped to a horse exploded in a plaza in a small town in northeast Colombia on Wednesday, killing at least eight people, including a toddler, and injuring 20 others, the army said.

Authorities blamed rebels of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, or FARC, for the attack. The rebels have tied bombs to animals, mainly donkeys and horses, in the past.

The residents of Chita, 150 miles northeast of Bogota, were preparing for the town's weekly market when the bomb exploded, army Sgt. Luis Hernandez said. The rebels let the horse loose in the market, which was crowded with peasant families, including many children. The target of the bomb was not clear.

The army captured a suspect who allegedly led the horse into the plaza, Hernandez said.

OR

http://archive.amnesty.org/library/Index/ENGAMR230072006?open&of=ENG-COL
28 February 2006

Colombia: Amnesty International Condemns Deliberate Killings by FARC Guerrillas

The recent spate of killings of civilians is a serious and deliberate breach of international humanitarian law, Amnesty International said today in response to reports of killings of civilians attributed to the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia (FARC), in the departments of Caquetá and Huila.

On 27 February, FARC guerrillas allegedly killed at least eight councillors in Rivera Municipality, Huila Department. The killings took place when armed men opened fire on the councillors during a council meeting. This attack follows repeated FARC threats warning councillors in Huila Department and other regions of Colombia to resign or be killed.

The killings followed an alleged FARC attack on a bus in Caquetá Department on 25 February in which at least nine civilians were killed, including two children. This attack took place after the FARC declared a ban on the movement of all vehicles in the region. In the past, FARC guerrillas have burned vehicles and killed civilians who have ignored similar bans on the movement of vehicles.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: his holiness nb on September 25, 2008, 04:16:06 PM
Maybe I'm just a typically "Humourless Hun", but forgive me for considering that the real importance of the story was to be found in what this guy has done, rather than his unfortunate surname. Or do you imagine that the latter was why this story is being reported in the national media of the UK and Irish Republic?

Bad guy called Mr Chaos. Obviously jokes will follow ffs  ::)
And if someone with a similarly "apt" surname ("Savage"? "De'Ath"?) were to be found guilty of the Omagh massacre, would you expect jokes to follow that? Would those Spanish victims of Omagh be similarly amused? Maybe they would, who knows?

I doubt whether I'll be laughing, however.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

mylestheslasher

First up. The word "Terrorist" should be banned. It is a pointless, brainless word one side in a conflict uses to describe the other. It was made even more brainless after Sep 11 when George Bush labelled pretty much every muslim as a potential "terrorist" and anyone who tried to put a motive these "terrorist" attacks as a "terrorist apologist". So can we stop using this word please.
EG. My humour at this guy was in his name and not his actions obvioulsy so no need to get offended about it. People who target innocent people are indeed scumbags and are rightly identified by Amnesty. The problem I have with all these reports in the media is that they never show the reports on the superpowers. No mention of Israels bombing of a whole village becasue  they think a Hamas member might be there. No mention of the US bombing a Baghdad market place in the middle of the day with an cluster bomb (itself an illegal weapon under the geneva convention). No mention of sanctions on Iraq sponsored by all  the superpowers being the cause of the deaths of 500,000 iraqy children. Amnesty have made numerous reports on our friendly neighbours in Britain too see here http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/britain-gives-approval-to-torture-claims-amnesty-516983.html for just one of many. While each attack is a monsterous act and should be so stated, take a cold look at who is doing "most" of the "terrorist" attacks in the world today and you will find it is us freedom loving democrats in the western world. Why then does Mr Chaos get all the attention?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Evil Genius on September 25, 2008, 05:52:44 PM

usual rhetoric ...

(New York, May 8, 2002) - The main rebel group in Colombia
etc
etc
etc
yep
the usual oul sihte rhetoric uttered by those struggling to 'prove' their point

screenmachine

Quote from: Evil Genius on September 25, 2008, 06:17:52 PM

Maybe I'm just a typically "Humourless Hun"
, but forgive me for considering that the real importance of the story was to be found in what this guy has done, rather than his unfortunate surname. Or do you imagine that the latter was why this story is being reported in the national media of the UK and Irish Republic?

Bad guy called Mr Chaos. Obviously jokes will follow ffs  ::)
And if someone with a similarly "apt" surname ("Savage"? "De'Ath"?) were to be found guilty of the Omagh massacre, would you expect jokes to follow that? Would those Spanish victims of Omagh be similarly amused? Maybe they would, who knows?

I doubt whether I'll be laughing, however.

A moment of rare clarity in a thread that seems to be dragged downhill rapidly... ???
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

stew

Quote from: hardstation on September 25, 2008, 06:20:31 PM
What the f**k kind of name is De'Ath?

You know.......................De' Ath Vader. :-[

EG is on his high horse now, the richeous indignation is fair flying out of him at this stage.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

saffron sam2

Given you oft expressed hatred of Rangers, the above statement is only half correct.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Evil Genius

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 26, 2008, 01:31:31 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on September 25, 2008, 05:52:44 PM

usual rhetoric ...

(New York, May 8, 2002) - The main rebel group in Colombia
etc
etc
etc
yep
the usual oul sihte rhetoric uttered by those struggling to 'prove' their point

My point was actually quite simple, namely that whilst people were pissing themselves over this guy's name (Chaos, Ho, Ho, Ho - I'm sure Jim Davidson could work a great routine around that one, eh?  ::)), it served to obscure not only what a vile, murderous sc**bag he is, but also the double standards of the Irish Government and its policy over extradition. That is, they say they are pursuing him, yet were unable to arrest him, even despite his presenting himself openly in Dublin to the Spanish Embassy etc. Moreover, he is freely associating with other suspects required by a foreign, sovereign Government, via Interpol, to be extradited to their country for trial.
Not only that, but the crimes of which these latter individuals (The "Colombia Three") are suspected, are of assisting in the commission of atrocitires which, if anything, are even more heinous than those committed by Mr. Chaos.
And yet, the Irish Government professes that the Republic is no hiding place for people wanted by foreign governments on suspicion of committing acts of terror.

Personally, I think that that is a much more interesting and important aspect of the story than a silly surname and hoped that posters on this Board, the vast majority of whom will be Passport holders etc of the Irish Government, would agree. Perhaps not.

Meanwhile, when I comment on just how despicable the activities of the FARC allies of the Colombia Three are, you come back with a pathetic sneer ("schools and old folks homes") to try to rebut this.

Worse still, when I quote specific examples of just such atrocities (for "old folks home, read "crowded church"), from authoritative and impartial sources such as Amnesty and Human Rights Watch, you dismiss this as "oul shite".

You're worse than pathetic... ::)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: saffron sam2 on September 26, 2008, 03:13:04 PM

Given you oft expressed hatred of Rangers, the above statement is only half correct.

I don't "hate" Rangers as such, I just have no time for them, not least on account of the activities of a scummy element of their support.

I was merely using the term "Hun" self-deprecatingly, in the general sense which others might apply to me. This is no different from e.g. posters on this Board labelling me an "Orange" so-and-so, when I have never been an Orangeman (or even an Armagh supporter!) in my life.

P.S. Might I describe you as a "Typically Confused Velez Sarsfield Fan"?   ;)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"