Is the North is a strange place?

Started by Silky, September 18, 2008, 10:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silky

I have been reading some of the posts concerning the northern counties and I have to say it seems like a really strange place to me. I think I understand people from England, Canada, USA and Australia better than I understand people from the North.

We all speak English as our first language but the six counties is more allien to me than USA or Canada. I'm sorry but the way you carry on about religion is not my way of looking at the world. You are a strange people with little in common with the rest of the Island of Ireland.

pintsofguinness

There's an awful smell coming from that big pot of shite you're stirring.  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Silky on September 18, 2008, 10:02:26 PM
I have been reading some of the posts concerning the northern counties and I have to say it seems like a really strange place to me. I think I understand people from England, Canada, USA and Australia better than I understand people from the North.

We all speak English as our first language but the six counties is more allien to me than USA or Canada. I'm sorry but the way you carry on about religion is not my way of looking at the world. You are a strange people with little in common with the rest of the Island of Ireland.

Take a good look in the mirror.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Handy

You obviously speak it well - just can't grasp the spelling!!!  :D

Guillem2

Strange but interesting. Come up and see us some time!
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Arthur_Friend

"I think I understand people from England, Canada, USA and Australia better than I understand people from the North. "

What is it that you think you understand about people from the above countries? Are the people from within the above countries homogenous in your opinion? Do you understand Cajuns as well as Native Americans for example? Or are you just talking shite? :-*

Tankie

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on September 18, 2008, 11:50:12 PM
"I think I understand people from England, Canada, USA and Australia better than I understand people from the North. "

What is it that you think you understand about people from the above countries? Are the people from within the above countries homogenous in your opinion? Do you understand Cajuns as well as Native Americans for example? Or are you just talking shite? :-*

Ah i think i can see what he means, even though we would consider you fellow countrymen there is a different culture up there which alot of people in the south are not involved in or know about.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Honest question: have you a single clue about Irish history?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tankie

Quote from: AFS on September 19, 2008, 12:07:32 AM
Quote from: Tankie on September 18, 2008, 11:54:21 PM
Quote from: Arthur_Friend on September 18, 2008, 11:50:12 PM

Ah i think i can see what he means, even though we would consider you fellow countrymen there is a different culture up there which alot of people in the south are not involved in or know about.

Please elaborate on this different culture? I'm very curious.

ah it doesnt matter if you cant see what it is, i will only end up with a banning if i go into detail.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Pangurban

Typical Free State/Dublin 4 waffle, ignore this idiot

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Doire abú

Thought that was Jesus in a Tyrone shirt for a second.

Now himself had a quare beard.  :o

ziggysego

Quote from: Doire abú on September 19, 2008, 12:27:57 AM
Thought that was Jesus in a Tyrone shirt for a second.

Now himself had a quare beard.  :o

His Dad used to play for Tyrone ;)
Testing Accessibility

tyrone86

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 19, 2008, 12:05:21 AM

Honest question: have you a single clue about Irish history?

Despite the thread degenerating at a rapid rate with the usual banality, I genuinely don't think Silky was on the wind up. There's certainly a complex within northern nationalists that many politically apathetic free staters just can't understand.

It's unbelievable how much can be forgotten within a few generations  :-\