Is the North is a strange place?

Started by Silky, September 18, 2008, 10:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

lads do ya think that people in the north of england and the south are different? course they are, what a daft thread, people from Ballymeana are different from people in Belfast and they are both "northerners" Galway people are different than Wexford people.

anybody still hung up on the politcal side of things in the North are a dying bread. Credit Crunch is all i care about having enough petrol to get to Ballycastle to watch the match, beer tokens to go to the club after we win the championship, All Ireland hurling final weekends. news!!!! cant remember the last time i watched it....Simpsons on at 6 on channel for me ;D

Bacon

You may be right MR but someone from the south reading any of the OWC/Fearon threads will get a very different impression. It could appear that we are obsessed with reglion/politics. And it's all petty point scoring rather than real debate.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

TirEoghaingodeo

Fabulous thread silky. Apparently people in the north who have a different goverment and media, and had there lives shaped by years of oppression which culminated in 30+ years of troubles where hundreds of innocent people died going about their daily lives, are different to people in the south.
No shit you gimp. Up to that point it was fairly idiotic. But then you claim you can identify with people in america more. Really? how's that? What about getting your face out of friends and grey's anatomy and reading a history book.
And since you started this thread and then didn't post again, the best i can hope is that you realised this thread was ridiculous and not really thought through. And if you were simply stirring, touché
Ó dá ligfeadh sí liú amháin gaile, liú catha...

Lar Naparka

Quote from: TirEoghaingodeo on September 20, 2008, 10:39:34 AM
Fabulous thread silky. Apparently people in the north who have a different goverment and media, and had there lives shaped by years of oppression which culminated in 30+ years of troubles where hundreds of innocent people died going about their daily lives, are different to people in the south.
No shit you gimp. Up to that point it was fairly idiotic. But then you claim you can identify with people in america more. Really? how's that? What about getting your face out of friends and grey's anatomy and reading a history book.
And since you started this thread and then didn't post again, the best i can hope is that you realised this thread was ridiculous and not really thought through. And if you were simply stirring, touché
I very much think Silky is a card carrying WUM.
He recently landed on the Shell to Sea thread, began with a snide remark to a concerned and articulate poster, (Well, at any rate, muppet has a far better grasp of logic and spelling than Silky appears to have) and then went on to make his case by posting an article from someone else.
He didn't attribute the source of his inspiration but it is to be found on Shell's website. Furthermore, it came from a spokesman for a shadowy organisation (Pro Gas Mayo) that is often criticised for its secretiveness. Nobody appears to know how it is funded or how many members it has.
I cannot honestly say whether any of its arguments are valid or not, but Silky was willing to regurgitate the full rant as his input into the discussion before disappearing. He must be having a good snigger at the lot of us!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi