Dooher Injured???

Started by The_geezer, September 18, 2008, 01:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_geezer

First time post on here I know guys!!!, don't want to be controversial, but I am reliably informed from a credible source that the reason Stephen O' Neill has returned to the inter-county scene is because Brain Dooher wont be fit for the final. Not only has he not been training with the Tyrone team, he has not been seen either! Has anyone seen him at any Tyrone pre AI open nights?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

filthylittlebeast

Is it the knee injury??

Just had a look there at the news and the latest from the Belfast Telegraph is that Tyrone manager Mickey Harte today finds himself in a rather unusual situation. He is poised to name his team for Sunday's All Ireland football final against Kerry – and has no injury worries...

Anything in the Irish news? I don't subscibe online and haven't had a chance to go out and buy it yet.

The_geezer

Don't know what it is?? But is it not weird that the team captain hasn't been doing any media interviews or the like!!!!!!!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

It's bullsh*t, can't you smell it from there?  ;)

The_geezer

well they have bought o'neill back for a reason!! to be a smokescreen to hide Dooher's injury!!!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Over the Bar

this rumour was cunningly spread in South Armagh in 2003 and made the headlines the next day.  surely they can't fall for it again?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The_geezer on September 18, 2008, 01:30:14 PM
First time post on here I know guys!!!, don't want to be controversial, but I am reliably informed from a credible source that the reason Stephen O' Neill has returned to the inter-county scene is because Brain Dooher wont be fit for the final. Not only has he not been training with the Tyrone team, he has not been seen either! Has anyone seen him at any Tyrone pre AI open nights?

what a load of

bredaghgael86

wasnt this the same rumor with a p.canavan the other year? bit of deja vu creeping in. thought mickey could have found new tricks this year

Canalman

Utter utter nonsense!!!!!!!!

Zapatista

Quote from: The_geezer on September 18, 2008, 01:30:14 PM
Has anyone seen him at any Tyrone pre AI open nights?

I can verify this. I seen him in the Bendy Elbow in Old Town Omagh (across the tracks). He had a beard that would put Joey to shame. He seemed to have taken a lot of drink and was muttering quotes from Revelations. He was growling at young children who were running away in fear from the bearded mumbling drunk guy chasing them with a wonky leg. Shocking stuff altogether.

The_geezer

well if this is just an annual rumor, Dooher is giving creedance to it by not appearing out in public in any capacity.

Handy

Quote from: The_geezer on September 18, 2008, 02:29:38 PM
well if this is just an annual rumor, Dooher is giving creedance to it by not appearing out in public in any capacity.

He's a gaelic footballer - not a TV presenter ffs!

The_geezer

Nearly every other player has been on TV and newspaper duty!! Even the ones without beards!!! Surly the team captain would give the odd interview!!!