how to get out of a wedding??

Started by charlie stubbs, September 13, 2008, 05:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 14, 2008, 07:56:07 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 13, 2008, 06:07:01 PM
Quote from: leenie on September 13, 2008, 06:04:27 PM
is it not the right thing to do and buy a present just cause ya can't go u were still asked?????

i dunno i assumed thats wat ya do

It is not the right thing to do!
They'd be lucky to get a present if I was going never mind if I wasnt!

Stingy!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(
No, if I care about someone enough to buy them a present I'd be at their wedding.

Squareball, cop yourself on, who the f**k would marry laoislad?
C'mon man!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Square Ball

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 14, 2008, 09:33:56 PM
is it not the right thing to do and buy a present just cause ya can't go u were still asked?????

No, if I care about someone enough to buy them a present I'd be at their wedding.

C'mon man!

Debbie Magee? maybe hes gonna marry a goat!!!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Real Laoislad

C'mon man!

Even if i do say so myself I am a great catch
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Did you get down on one knee in Egypt?
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Square Ball on September 14, 2008, 09:39:48 PM

C'mon man!

Debbie Magee?

Ah Debbie,Alas I can only dream  :'(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Louth Exile

Going to a wedding myself this afternoon (friend of the missus)   :( :(
To be honest I'd rather be in work!!

The honesty route is the way to go, particualrly if she is going overseas to get married. We were just invited to a wedding in Cyprus next May of a good mate and to be honest it will cost a fortune to go to, so if it costs to much I won't be going! He is still a good mate, so I'll throw them a few quid if we don't go, nothing massive, about €100.

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

Honesty is everything. If you can fake that, the job's oxo.

ziggysego

You're all a bunch of complainers. I love weddings!
Testing Accessibility

stpauls

Quote from: Square Ball on September 14, 2008, 09:24:57 PM
With Puck on this one, tell the truth, after all its 1 or 2 less meals they have to pay for

are you close to her mate? if not, i am sure she will not mind if you don't turn up!! ler her know you just can't make is, and as SB says, it will be a couple of meals less for them to pay for!! take it from me, i know!!

Louth Exile

Quote from: ziggysego on September 15, 2008, 10:33:46 AM
You're all a bunch of complainers. I love weddings!

When checking out sample vids from different videographers last year, I came across this gem...

Father of the Bride speech.
" Rev Father, ladies and gentleman, I just want to thank you all for coming, because if you didn't, it would be quite a dismal day. And I know from experience, what a horrible thing it is to have to go to a wedding" 
The way he told it was classic, very funny   :D :D

http://www.mcdonoughproductions.com/QT4.html
(He is the last one on the video)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Jack_Black

tell her your in love with her and couldnt bring yourself to go to the wedding cause it would break your heart.

ziggysego

Quote from: Jack_Black on September 15, 2008, 11:32:33 AM
tell her your in love with her and couldnt bring yourself to go to the wedding cause it would break your heart.

Better still, tell her you're in love with the man she's marrying.
Testing Accessibility

Onion Bag

I had the same situation a while back, I pulled a sickie, Bad dose of the flu, I still give a present and that and the day before the wedding i made the call to tell them that i was in a bad way, and to be honest they are going to be that busy the day before, as soon as the phone is put down it will be forgotton.  ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

stpauls

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 15, 2008, 11:50:00 AM
I had the same situation a while back, I pulled a sickie, Bad dose of the flu, I still give a present and that and the day before the wedding i made the call to tell them that i was in a bad way, and to be honest they are going to be that busy the day before, as soon as the phone is put down it will be forgotton.  ;)

make sure that you tell them a couple of days before hand, at least they will have time to cancel your dinner with the hotel, and not have to pay for an untouched plate!!

Donagh

FFS just ring them and say you aren't going. The couple will hardly give it a second thought as they'll be swamped by other things to arrange. Do not leave it until the day before to say you aren't going as by that stage they will already have paid for your dinner and arranged and printed the seating plan.

Don't forget the couple will have budgeted for a certain number of people but will be banking on a number of those invited of pulling out to stay within budget. By not going to the wedding you are probably saving them about £50 so they'll not be that annoyed. Throw them a present and they'll be even more chuffed with you as they'll not be expected from those that don't attend.