Is it time to close our doors?

Started by fred the red, September 10, 2008, 06:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the gaaboard.com be made members only?

Yes
No

fred the red

After the recent bout of unsavory incidents/wind up merchants, is it about time the gaaboard.com became a members only forum, whereby there is a small subscription charge to join?

I know this has been eluded to in the past, but i honestly believe that it would be in the best interests of the long term future of the board, and it will allow a place where the decent members can enjoy.

So a simple yes or no?

Sideshow Bob

A subscription fee will not get rid of the likes of T. Fearon, I am sure he will find some way of paying it or get a freebie like he usually does.
The problem with this board is the mods/admin. They have allowed Fearon to spout his sectarian ramblings for far too long and it now seems to be the norm and is accepted by many. Even though his comments at the weekend were quite funny, I can also see how some could take offence to them. If he is foolish enough to use his own name for his vitriol then he should be man enough to accept that many people will want to take a pop at him. Northern Ireland is a warped society with people like Fearon and worse on both sides.

An Fear Rua

you lads would do well gathering up examples of fearons sectarian ramblings to support your claims against the mods.....

as for closing doors, absolutely not. We have nothing to hide
Its Grim up North

Sideshow Bob

An Fear Rua, have a look at the amount of threads started by Fearon. The vast majority of them are about the IFA, FFA, Windsor Park, Linfield, David Jeffries etc. Its the same old sh*te rehashed time and again. It may have escaped your notice but this is the GAA Board NOT a soccer or anti everything NI.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on September 10, 2008, 06:25:40 PM
An Fear Rua, have a look at the amount of threads started by Fearon. The vast majority of them are about the IFA, FFA, Windsor Park, Linfield, David Jeffries etc. Its the same old sh*te rehashed time and again. It may have escaped your notice but this is the GAA Board NOT a soccer or anti everything NI.

so what your saying is Any mention of IFA, FFA, Windsor Park, Linfield, David Jeffries etc is sectarian - interesting concept

Also, You might want to have a look up and notice, this is the "Non GAA Discussion" section, hence the perfect place for topics that may not be related to the GAA. Maybe they didnt mention it when you found this place on www.wheretogotobeoffended.com;)

Its Grim up North

pintsofguinness

sideshowbob
QuoteThe problem with this board is the mods/admin. They have allowed Fearon to spout his sectarian ramblings for far too long and it now seems to be the norm and is accepted by many.
You'd want to be careful, the mods may take a look at your posting history. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

take_yer_points

I'd say there could be a majority about Tyrone!

dodgy umpire

. It may have escaped your notice but this is the GAA Board NOT a soccer or anti everything NI.

why then have you only made two posts relating to the GAA?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

ardmhachaabu

I agree Fred.

I wouldn't mind paying £5, even if that was a yearly thing.  I enjoy reading people's opinions,  I rarely offer mine as I prefer to see what guys who are playing with Inter County players in clubs etc are saying about x, y or z.

I can't see why it can't be like OWC and keep guest WUMS out
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

The Gs Man

Just get rid of the non-gaa discussion section and stick to the GAA talk. 
Keep 'er lit

tyrone86

Quote from: The Gs Man on September 10, 2008, 09:36:52 PM
Just get rid of the non-gaa discussion section and stick to the GAA talk. 

But then where would we get our updates on Captain Kennedy?  ;)

Tony Baloney

The ridiculous kow-towing to the owc site is hurting this forum more than it is hurting owc. Unless their are legal ramifications our mods should just tell them to f**k off and get their own house in order. Unfortunately the mods on owc seem to think anything goes as long as it is from one of their own.

Gnevin

The simple solution is to just ban all the Nordies :D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

the green man

Or lock topics from those that dont post on GAA.

You dont just find this site from browsing. Most are hear through word of mouth, and register because they have an interest in GAA and have an gra for things regarding the assocciation. As G's man says, maybe its time to scrap the Non GAA section. Good enough idea as it was at the time, it has now turned into a political slanging match. If we want to talk politics, find another forum.

Minder

What if you have minimal interest in gaelic football, as i do? It would be a football only board in all but name.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"