weekend breaks in ireland

Started by kinghen, September 09, 2008, 02:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

There's a shuttle bus to the Phoenix Park that runs on the hour every hour from outside Heuston - the Parkgate Street bus stop according to this: http://www.phoenixpark.ie/visitorinformation/phoenixparkshuttlebus/

Just cross the Luas bridge over the Liffey and keep left. It's opposite Parkgate motors I think.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Canalman

Train from Malahide not too expensive imo. Zoo is only around the corner from Heuston.

Agnes Dipesto

Would suggest Howth myself, I was there a couple of weeks ago and it was really lovely. We drove back along the coast and went through Portmarnock and thought the beach there looked great.

DirtyDozen12

Thinking of heading away somewhere next weekend over the 12th July festivities in the greater northern ireland area.

Anyway, thinking of somewhere down the west of the country?  Galway, or even further, down in Kerry or down in that general area?  Anyone suggest a good town to go to for a weekend and any recommended places to stay?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

lurganblue

Went to mullaghmore, Sligo a few months ago with the wife. Loved it. The pier head hotel was great. Food was brilliant. Quiet place with all those spa treatments for herself and the bar for myself. Great

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: lurganblue on July 04, 2010, 08:43:34 PM
Went to mullaghmore, Sligo a few months ago with the wife. Loved it. The pier head hotel was great. Food was brilliant. Quiet place with all those spa treatments for herself and the bar for myself. Great

Good call.....anywhere round Cliffoney/Sligo is fantastic.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

gawa316

Headin to the redcastle hotel in Moville for the oul pairs 40th wedding anniversary. Any recommendations on places to see nearby/inishowen area?

Puckoon

Ah the seagulls.

They fly high in Moville.

ross4life

Quote from: gawa316 on July 13, 2010, 11:18:35 PM
Headin to the redcastle hotel in Moville for the oul pairs 40th wedding anniversary. Any recommendations on places to see nearby/inishowen area?

Moville is my dads home place it's a few miles from Redcastle, used to be a great fishing town in the 80s early 90s was back recently a lot quieter these days, they have a small beach with nice seaside walk along the coast

Redcastle use to have amusements there when i was a kid, think it's called leisure land now? Greencastle also a few miles from Moville you can get the ferry to Magilligan Co Derry on Lough Foyle

Malin head the tip of Ireland, Mamore Gap & Shrove beach are worth a visit
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gawa316

Quote from: ross4life on July 13, 2010, 11:51:23 PM

Moville is my dads home place it's a few miles from Redcastle, used to be a great fishing town in the 80s early 90s was back recently a lot quieter these days, they have a small beach with nice seaside walk along the coast

Redcastle use to have amusements there when i was a kid, think it's called leisure land now? Greencastle also a few miles from Moville you can get the ferry to Magilligan Co Derry on Lough Foyle

Cheers for that Ross

FL/MAYO

The drive up to Malin Head is lovely alright, take in Five Fingers Beach, Knockamanny Bends on the way up to Malin Head. Just follow the signs for the "Inishowen 100" and you cant go wrong.

Aerlik

Feck, when I first read that I thought it said Weekend Break ins.  Hmmm.  Agree that Malin Head is one of the most spectacular parts of our nation.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

J OGorman

Quote from: ross4life on July 13, 2010, 11:51:23 PM

100% Ross.
Leisureland is still on the go, good craic for the weans.
If you into surfing / body boarding, there are a few good beaches close by (just over the mountain)..Culdaff, Ballyliffin and Tullagh
If you are up this length, would be a shame not to head for a wee drive (about 15 mins) to Kinnego Bay, stunning beach were a few ships from the Armada sank
Moville is just down the road, go to Rosatto's bar where you can enjoy a creamy stout and the very best Pizza in Ireland (I sh!t you not!)

gawa316

Excelent stuff lads, I'll make a note of all and surprise the folks with my vast knowledge of the area

quit yo jibbajabba

I'd like to know how Five Fingers beach got its name........ ;) :D :-[