The official Playstation 3 thread

Started by Our Nail Loney, September 05, 2008, 11:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on May 08, 2009, 05:03:28 PM
Anyone play the new Res Evil game?  I remember buying Res Evil 4 for the PS2 when it came out and I didn't like it.  I hear the new one has taken the series down a more action road rather than the survival horror of the first few which is a disappointing for me as there are enough action games out.  I remember being in the Police Station with the eerie music on Resident Evil 2 on the PS1 on the edge of my seat with every step I took and door I opened waiting for something to make me jump.

Resident Evil 4 was pure quality I thought and I absolutely loved RE1 and RE2 back in the day, haven't played RE5 yet but it'll have to go a long way to improve on the fourth installment.

Billys Boots

Folks, maybe it's my age, but the wains got me to register a master-account on Playstation Network so that I could register sub-accounts for them - I can't work out how to register the sub-accounts (and the Playstation Network website is not helpful).  Any advice/guidance?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Corporal

I thought the early GTA games were good with the bird's eye view. I dont like the PS control system at all, hate the way you use 1 analogue to look about and the other 1 is for moving it's hard to get used to.

Anyone played that game Mirror's Edge yet?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 12, 2009, 10:13:03 AM
Folks, maybe it's my age, but the wains got me to register a master-account on Playstation Network so that I could register sub-accounts for them - I can't work out how to register the sub-accounts (and the Playstation Network website is not helpful).  Any advice/guidance?

AFAIK you can only have one PSN account...

Billys Boots

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 12, 2009, 02:01:53 PM

That's not what I was originally told, but you may well be right.

Shrek

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 12, 2009, 02:01:53 PM

you can have a number of accounts, just use different addresses

i have a UK, Irish and USA account

gave hotel addresses for the Irish and USA accounts,  USA one is good for the PSN store - usually some things are on there before UK one

as for master account - of the top of the head you set up a master account for yourself, then a sub-account for the children.

you can always put in a false DOB  :o to let them bypass all that.

Billys Boots

Quoteas for master account - of the top of the head you set up a master account for yourself, then a sub-account for the children.

Sorry, forgive the stupidity, but I don't understand what you're telling me to do here - what's the 'top of the head'?

Shrek

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 12, 2009, 05:17:25 PM
Quoteas for master account - of the top of the head you set up a master account for yourself, then a sub-account for the children.

Sorry, forgive the stupidity, but I don't understand what you're telling me to do here - what's the 'top of the head'?

sorry also, bad day at work  :-[

i meant, off the top of my head.

anyway, again 'off the top of my head'  you set up an account for yourself, you then add another user which you then sign up to the PSN.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 13, 2009, 09:10:12 AM
PS3 for £197

http://hotukdeals.com/item/399536/playstation-3-40gb-console-black-ps/

Direct link: http://buyithere.co.uk/category/consoles/playstation_3/1

I have never heard of this website before, would they be legit enough?? Friend of mine looking a ps3 was gonna sho him this but don't want him to get ripped off or something!

Minder

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 13, 2009, 09:45:36 AM
PS3 for £197

I have never heard of this website before, would they be legit enough?? Friend of mine looking a ps3 was gonna sho him this but don't want him to get ripped off or something!

They seem legit alright ONL, it says something about "damaged packaging", always read the "comments" on those deals before ordering as there is always someone that has ordered from the site no matter how obscure you think it is.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Billys Boots

Quote from: Shrek on May 13, 2009, 09:03:55 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on May 12, 2009, 05:17:25 PM

sorry also, bad day at work  :-[

i meant, off the top of my head.

anyway, again 'off the top of my head'  you set up an account for yourself, you then add another user which you then sign up to the PSN.

Thanks Shrek, I'll try that tonight.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Minder on May 13, 2009, 09:50:18 AM
PS3 for £197

They seem legit alright ONL, it says something about "damaged packaging", always read the "comments" on those deals before ordering as there is always someone that has ordered from the site no matter how obscure you think it is.

I e mailed the sales team asking how damaged etc. Plus what the deal was with warranties...

Speaking of which, I saw this trick if your ps3 is ever playing up. Sony have a new scheme called Continuos Play which is basically an insurance scheme for your ps3, if your ps3 ever breaks, just sign up for this scheme, wait a week or so, then put in a claim saying yours is broke and they will sort you out, then cancel your subscription after...

JohnDenver

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 13, 2009, 10:18:18 AM
Quote from: Minder on May 13, 2009, 09:50:18 AM
PS3 for £197

I e mailed the sales team asking how damaged etc. Plus what the deal was with warranties...

Speaking of which, I saw this trick if your ps3 is ever playing up. Sony have a new scheme called Continuos Play which is basically an insurance scheme for your ps3, if your ps3 ever breaks, just sign up for this scheme, wait a week or so, then put in a claim saying yours is broke and they will sort you out, then cancel your subscription after...

Play.com are doing the 80gb version i think for £250 at the minute with a free blu-ray.  At least you know its new coming from there.

Our Nail Loney

I FINALLY f**king DID IT!!

:) :D :) ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :'(

I completed GTA, after 57hours gameplay I am done... Even though I am only 89.83% done in the game, but I will be fucked if I am going about and killing those dirty wee pigeons...

Dunno why people have been so hard on this game, I have never seen graphics like it before and the detail was immense. Thought the storyline was very good as well...

Now what do I play next? I have three games not touched yet: Bioshock, Uncharted and The Godfather.

Anyone play any of these, any opinions?