The official Playstation 3 thread

Started by Our Nail Loney, September 05, 2008, 11:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

I havent gave TW09 a chance really, the analogue swing put me off, I miss the old three click system!!

Playing through Uncharted at the min, only on the fourth chapter because I have been busy but have to say its a real gem of a game!

Games I have in the pipeline to get: Fight Night, UFC, Batman, Ghostbusters and maybe Wolverine which I have heard is good enough... Then obviously Pro Evo when it comes out later in the year...

Oh yeah, games I have played in the past and really enjoyed are the NHL and NBA games from EA Sports, anyone played the latest ones?? Thinking about getting them, the multiplayer on them was always good craic, used to play them against each other a ot in uni...

Ping Pong Santa

Just purchase the console last night, been meaning to do it for ages so I just bit the bullet. Wanted an extra Sony conbtroller so could only afford one game at the minute, got Pro Evo. What a completely different game from the PS2, I'm so shit at it! On the PS2 I was winning the world cup with Finland and on this I'm spectacularly crashing out of the group stages of the Champions League with Liverpool!

Don't have a whole lot of free time on my hands so I will keep an eye on this thread for tips on how to get the best use out of it, hope I haven't just thrown away a few hundred quid! Very interested in the wireless capabilities, what should be the next game I buy?

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 30, 2009, 11:21:47 AM
Just purchase the console last night, been meaning to do it for ages so I just bit the bullet. Wanted an extra Sony conbtroller so could only afford one game at the minute, got Pro Evo. What a completely different game from the PS2, I'm so shit at it! On the PS2 I was winning the world cup with Finland and on this I'm spectacularly crashing out of the group stages of the Champions League with Liverpool!

Don't have a whole lot of free time on my hands so I will keep an eye on this thread for tips on how to get the best use out of it, hope I haven't just thrown away a few hundred quid! Very interested in the wireless capabilities, what should be the next game I buy?

I think the PS3 is worth the money, you can play games, online access and you have blue ray as well.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game on the PS3 imo, if you like those sort of games its worth getting, though you might find the story hard to follow if you haven't played the other games but you could always wiki it.

Madden 09 is great if you like NFL but it might not be worth getting as Madden 10 will be out in July or August.  Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is brilliant, I'd recommend that (much better than 5 which is not a sequel to it), the sequel to COD4 is called Moderan Warfare 2 which is out in November, but COD4 is worth getting.

Games I'm looking forward to right now are Fight Night Round 4, Ghostbusters and Modern Warfare 2.

pintsofguinness

QuoteI'd recommend that (much better than 5 which is not a sequel to it), the sequel to COD4 is called Moderan Warfare 2 which is out in November, but COD4 is worth getting.
You can't compare them like that imo, COD4 is an outstanding modern based shooter and COD5 is an outstanding WWII shooter, I love them both but I prefer cod5 as I love WWII based games. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 30, 2009, 12:00:57 PM
QuoteI'd recommend that (much better than 5 which is not a sequel to it), the sequel to COD4 is called Moderan Warfare 2 which is out in November, but COD4 is worth getting.
You can't compare them like that imo, COD4 is an outstanding modern based shooter and COD5 is an outstanding WWII shooter, I love them both but I prefer cod5 as I love WWII based games. 

I know their not exactly the same, but both are first person shooters (and technically not made by the same people) and the general consensus is that The Moderan Warfare games are better than the WWII ones.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on May 30, 2009, 12:47:25 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 30, 2009, 12:00:57 PM

I know their not exactly the same, but both are first person shooters (and technically not made by the same people) and the general consensus is that The Moderan Warfare games are better than the WWII ones.

And the only reasons I hear given by anyone who says the modern warfare one is better is that the weapons are better (well yeah, they're modern weapons and not WWII weapons) and that there is and has been too many WWII games. 

They may be first person shooters but are completely different games and, you're right, not even made by the same people. 

Grid and Dirt are both racing games but you wouldnt say one was better than the other, they're both different types of games. 

The Real Laoislad

To be honest I think Pro Evo is awful.FIFA is a far better game on the PS3.
PS3 defo worth the money,I use it a lot for watching movies that I have downloaded off the net..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 30, 2009, 01:03:33 PM

PS3 defo worth the money,I use it a lot for watching movies that I have downloaded off the net..
You can do that on the xbox too  ;D

Dont understand how anyone plays pro evo either. 

Minder

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on May 30, 2009, 11:48:59 AM

I think the PS3 is worth the money, you can play games, online access and you have blue ray as well.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game on the PS3 imo, if you like those sort of games its worth getting, though you might find the story hard to follow if you haven't played the other games but you could always wiki it.

Madden 09 is great if you like NFL but it might not be worth getting as Madden 10 will be out in July or August
.  Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is brilliant, I'd recommend that (much better than 5 which is not a sequel to it), the sequel to COD4 is called Moderan Warfare 2 which is out in November, but COD4 is worth getting.

Games I'm looking forward to right now are Fight Night Round 4, Ghostbusters and Modern Warfare 2.

I find it really hard to run the ball with any success in Madden 09, any advice?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 30, 2009, 01:03:33 PM

Our Nail convinced me to get Pro Evo even tho others had told me fifa was the way to go. I'm a Pro Evo man at heart and so far I've found ti very difficult which for me is a huge plus so I'm gonna withold judgement for a while yet!

Incidently, phones4u are giving away a free PS3 with an Oranfge contract that I was gonna get anyway in the Orange shop! So I phoned gamestop to see if they would refund my PS3, I only bought it yesterday like, has all originally packaging and have only used it once. They said they would only give me the exchange used price as it had been used and they could not refund it? Surely this can't be right? I should be entitled to a full refund if it is within the 7 days and its in perfect condition?

Minder

I think you would be due a full refund, take it to a different gamestop and dont tell them you have used it. Try and package it up as best you can. Beating that damage it and say thats how it was sold to you and you want a full refund. Sounds like its time to fight dirty. If those options are exhausted you may get more from Ebay than the exchange price they give you.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Our Nail Loney

I have FIFA and Pro Evo, and have only played FIFA about three times...

Maybe because I have always been a Pro Evo fanatic, this game got me through uni.

ziggysego

I'm going to buy a PS3 today, to act as a media centre for my television. However I was informed this morning that there is a price-cut coming either this week or next week on the console. Anyone know anything about this?
Testing Accessibility

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: ziggysego on June 01, 2009, 10:19:48 AM
I'm going to buy a PS3 today, to act as a media centre for my television. However I was informed this morning that there is a price-cut coming either this week or next week on the console. Anyone know anything about this?

I wouldnt think so Zig, this so called price cut has been rumoured for ages now... I have been hearing about it for months now, seriously, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you...

Good idea Zig by the way, I have all my iTunes copied over to my PS3 now and plenty of films on the hard drive, its near full so thinking about getting a bigger one...

Would you not be much of a gamer?