The Sunday Game & Joe Brolly.

Started by Bud Wiser, August 31, 2008, 06:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Anyone as pissed off listening to the sneering and unmannerly attitude of Joe Brolly on the Sunday Game as I .  It is time for RTE to leave this yokel in the car park while the All-Ireland is on.  Every time, and I mean every single time that Colm went to speak, and during when he was speaking Mr. Think He Knows It All kept butting in with snide remarks.   At one stage he told O'Rourke that he was more or less stupid and was beginning to sound like Eamon Dunphy, Dunphy being in my opinion about twenty times smarter than Brolly.

There is a slot where RTE could use pundits for good evaluation of what is happening during a game.  Brolly's ideas are as scarce as a razor in a Mace shop in Tyrone when he is asked a direct question himself. We didn't need him to keep telling us constantly why the Vikings were going to be better than Wexford but that aside, his display of ignorance with snide remarks when O'Rourke is speaking wouldn't be heard at a football game in the prison yard of Moiuntjoy let alone in RTE.  Then, when O'Rourke is making a good point, which in fairness to him he does, yer man can be heard off camera, "aye, yes,yes but" waiting to cut across O'Rourke before he finishes but at least implying that "what you are saying is right, but not unless I agree with you" and he leaning forward like an ould lad of 90 warming his hands at a turf fire instead of sitting up in the chair and listening to his colleagues remarks before he imposes his own.  Surely if RTE have to have him back they can tell him to shut his mouth until he is asked to open it and to have the basic requirement that being a pundit demands, that being manners.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

INDIANA

quite enjoy Brolly myself, i think he adds something to it. he simply stated the facts that wexford were never going to win that game and they weren't. he can be tiresome at times but over the course of the season its  a pretty good double act.he's a barrister , most of them can never shut up anyway, but its a lot better than the Muppet Show on sunday evenings.

Hardy

I thought he was very near a box from O'Rourke today. He might have got it afterwards in the car park, maybe and he couldn't have complained, really.

Bud Wiser

He just does my head in Indiana. I wouldn't have him defend me because I'd be afraid he woulkd annoy the judge and I would get ten years for no light on my bike.  Maybe I am being too hard but if he would just shut his trap while O'Rourke is speaking it would make me half happy.   This constant grating of his voice off cam when O'Rourke is talking drives me insane - or more insane than I am already.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

pintsofguinness

I think they are two idiots - have the quit the competition about who can be more insulting a controversial?
Two knobs.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Bud Wiser

QuoteI thought he was very near a box from O'Rourke today. He might have got it afterwards in the car park, maybe and he couldn't have complained, really.
I thought Colm was going to do the Chinese Ambassador on it, ask to have what he just said translated into language he could understand and then get up and walk out  ;)

INDIANA

i often think its stage managed at this stage it happens so often, brolly is due a box at this stage but i 'd still watch it before the bullshit on sunday nights which doesn't even pass for analysis.

Carmen Stateside

Lyster cut Brolly off just after the minor game when he was about to mention Kyle Coney being snapped up by the Austrailians.  Would have liked to have heard the opinions on it but no Colms birthday cake was more important!

thebandit

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 31, 2008, 06:42:36 PM
Lyster cut Brolly off just after the minor game when he was about to mention Kyle Coney being snapped up by the Austrailians.  Would have liked to have heard the opinions on it but no Colms birthday cake was more important!

I've heard that they have been told to mention the lads heading to Oz as little as possible on RTE

Carmen Stateside

Jinxy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2008, 06:35:25 PM
I think they are two idiots - have the quit the competition about who can be more insulting a controversial?
Two knobs.

Why do you think is O'Rourke a knob? When has he tried to be controversial?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Main Street

QuoteDunphy being in my opinion about twenty times smarter than Brolly.

That's scraping the barrel of farcical comparisons :)
Brolly gets way over excited at times but unlike Dunphy he has football intelligence and unlike Dunphy he doesn't invest his reputation in being over sensational, a total contradiction of hypocritical proportions.

RTE's overall Sunday game presentation reaches a high standard.

5 Sams

Quote from: Jinxy on August 31, 2008, 06:59:39 PM
Two knobs.

His spake about Dooher was as controversial as they come...what else do you need????
The Aristocrat Years

Jinxy

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 31, 2008, 07:03:37 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 31, 2008, 06:59:39 PM
Two knobs.

His spake about Dooher was as controversial as they come...what else do you need????

Jesus H Christ. That was years ago and he admitted he was wrong.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Carmen Stateside

Brolly doesnt let him forget it!   :D :D