Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Well yiz are not near as hateful as yiz used to be. I rest my case, but I'm happy to stay in the background and let Mickey take the credit.

comethekingdom

Aaron Boone

Re-run on Setanta Ireland now until 10pm.

On_the_Couch

On the way home from the match I decided to buy a few papers to read how well the journos had predicted the result.  The only one I could get was the Sunday Times.  They had about five articles that were well written and enjoyable to read and they presented a very balanced view of both teams strenghts and weaknesses.  From now on that what I'm going to buy when the championship gets going next year.  I'll use the rest of the paper to light the winter fires though.  I find the rest of the mainstream journalists are too interested in portraying their own prejudices to be worth reading any more.

I listened to McGee on Newstalk on Monday or Tuesday and I think he talks a lot of sense.  He at least knows what it takes to stop Kerry and his Offaly fellas in 81/82 were well able to mix it with Kerry, as well as play a bit of football.

Tatler Jack

Does anybody know where I can get a DVD of Sundays game. Forgot to record it.

ONeill

Quote from: On_the_Couch on September 24, 2008, 09:01:41 PM
On the way home from the match I decided to buy a few papers to read how well the journos had predicted the result.  The only one I could get was the Sunday Times.  They had about five articles that were well written and enjoyable to read and they presented a very balanced view of both teams strenghts and weaknesses.  From now on that what I'm going to buy when the championship gets going next year.  I'll use the rest of the paper to light the winter fires though.  I find the rest of the mainstream journalists are too interested in portraying their own prejudices to be worth reading any more.

The Sunday Times is a must-read and has been so since 2002/3 for GAA. Excellent analysts (apart from Whacko Jacko)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on September 24, 2008, 05:44:11 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 24, 2008, 12:00:10 PM
I've been very critical in the past of Tyrone's tendency to go to ground much too easily. I'm happy to say that the last couple of seasons have seen a huge reduction in the use of  this tactic, much to the benefit of the quality of their football.

Hardy has saved football and Tyrone. All Hail Hardy. We will write a song about you yet.

All hail indeed, and never mind what he might be apt to term himself like 'arse', he's nothing of the sordid sort!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zapatista

From now on that what I'm going to buy when the championship gets going next year. 

They do decent coverage of Provincial Club Championships too.

I listened to McGee on Newstalk on Monday or Tuesday and I think he talks a lot of sense.  He at least knows what it takes to stop Kerry and his Offaly fellas in 81/82 were well able to mix it with Kerry, as well as play a bit of football.

Newstalk always have the best interviews but when they are talking among themselves they spend more time analyzing and predicting like they are reading from a tabloid.

rrhf

As i descended the steps of the lower Hogan to get on to the pitch last weekend, a Meath fella grabbed me roughly,  shook me like a ferret with a rabbit and said "yiz are some team ya boy ya yiz murdered the Kerrymen the day - Fair play to ye"  It could well have been the hardyarse man judging by his new found love of Tyrone football.  Anyway the comment was appreciated and fair play back to the Meath men. 

Doohicky

Quote from: Tatler Jack on September 24, 2008, 10:44:58 PM
Does anybody know where I can get a DVD of Sundays game. Forgot to record it.

If you can get it, then go to the BBC iPlayer. It's on there and you can download the whole lot. Then burn to DVD on your computer (Or copy to memory stick and burn to DVD somewhere else.

orangeman

Any sign of Tommy Lyons ? Has he retired or is he away on an arse boxing holiday ?  ;) ;D

Puckoon

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ONeill

The last 2-3 minutes was possibly the biggest rush I've felt at a match. In 2003 and 2005 there was always the chance of a goal ruining the celebrations. This year, the 3-point salvo in 60 secs meant Kerry were out on their feet. Acted the complete lunatic but fitted in nicely.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Over the Bar

Just watched the BBC coverage and that BBC and RTE missed Colm Cavanagh's point.    My recollection of it is that he caught the short kick-out 'basketball like' as it went over his head, but that 3 points in  50 seconds period is all a bit of a blur!  HEY just had an idea - We could call it "3 in a Row - Gone in 60 seconds!"   ;D :D  Any Footage of Colm Cavangh's point anywhere?