Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

ziggysego

The emotions are boiling over. I'll take on the Kerrymen too!
Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

Onlooker

It is not only Ulster people, who would like to see Tyrone win to-morrow.  I hope that they win Sam for the 3rd time and will be giving them a shout.

comethekingdom

Quote from: redcard on September 20, 2008, 11:58:27 AM

The omagh lads are ready especially Joe mcMahon

He'll hardly do much running with that belly full or uisce!

muppet

Sure dat's nothin' boy.

Here's Colin Corkery suppin' a lake, an' he only a Corkman.  ;)

MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

sticking my neck out, i think tyrone might shade this one if they can break 50/50 at midfield.

comethekingdom

This is it folks!

This is why Kerry will win :
Our 5th final in a row, 8 final this decade. Whatever happens on Sunday I still think this Kerry team deserves to go down as a great team. The negative press that will follow if we lose on Sunday will be a motivating factor. The 3 in a row will be a motivating factor. The 6th medal for Dara on what will probably be his last day in Croke Park will be a motivating factor. Retribution for the sinning against Paul Galvin will be in our favour. But I think they pale into comparison with the fact that its Tyrone we can beat on Sunday.It's time to exorcise the last ghost of the northern teams.

The Kingdom by 4!
Good luck to all the Kerry panel and management on Sunday.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: INDIANA on September 20, 2008, 12:52:49 PM
sticking my neck out, i think tyrone might shade this one if they can break 50/50 at midfield.

I don't think we'll win 50%, like we haven't in any of the games so far. It's more important than we can turn possession over even if we don't gather in the middle of the park, before they can deliver clean ball into the FF line. Even if the split is 40-60 in Kerry's favour, as long as the rest of our machine is in order, I wouldn't be too concerned.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hardy

Almost impossible to call. One set of facts points to Kerry, another to Tyrone. But it's a great one to be looking forward to as a neutral. It should be absolutely absorbing.

I come down slightly in favour of Tyrone based on two things - statistics and management. Three-in-a-rows are very rare and shouldn't be bet on. And I think in the tactical contest, although Kerry have the better bench, O'Shea has a way to go to prove he is the equal of Harte as a tactician.

It's fairly clear that what Tyrone must do to win is cut supply to the Kerry full forward line. I'm sure Harte has a plan to stifle Kerry's midfield and do just that (even without a conventional midfield of his own) and if it works, they'll win. I'm betting that it will.

Doire abú

Best of luck to the inbreds, hope youse do it.

P.S. thats as nice as a support message as you'll get so don't complain!  8)

Dougal Maguire

If Tyrone do win will they be the first team to win the All Ireland despite having failed to win 2 matches on the way
Careful now

Zapatista

All the best to the Tyrone boys tomorrow. I hope it's a cracker. Tyrone by 5 ;)

Zapatista

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 20, 2008, 01:23:41 PM
If Tyrone do win will they be the first team to win the All Ireland despite having failed to win 2 matches on the way

Eh? Are Kerry not in the same boat?