Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Maybe if youse win I will offer congrats.  Until then.. f**k the pair of youse  ;D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ziggysego

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on September 19, 2008, 10:24:16 PM
Maybe if youse win I will offer congrats.  Until then.. f**k the pair of youse  ;D

I'll be waiting for you after the game on Sunday.

Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: ONeill on September 19, 2008, 10:17:57 PM
I fully understand the rivalry thing. I went to bed for a month after Derry won it in 93. Hated it.  So I understand the bitterness - it's only natural.

I went to school there - imagine how bad it was - and Downey was my Physics teacher that year

Main Street

The thread has made some great reading over the past while.
This is a true championship decider.

Two big Kerrymen upfront is double the threat. Both of them fine footballers. A good defense could cope with one of them, but two of them together make hay. It will be interesting to see how Tyrone cope there and have a major say in who wins.
Tyrone discipline is instilled, it is effortless and a joy to observe. No energy will be wasted on that and their focus will be on their game. I expect that Kerry, in the company of such footballers, will have much better discipline than say the Cork game.
I remember sitting with some friends outside some pub in Co Monaghan in 1986 as the Tyrone cars/bangers returned from wining their semi final. All were greeted with clenched fist salutes. It was a special time that probably not that many fully appreciate in the rest of Ireland.
I have no problem with wanting Tyrone to win, there is a shared experience that goes way back.

ardmhachaabu

Congrats isn't kissing your ass, incidentally.  If that's what it is in your head ziggy, you need help.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

crossfire

Good luck to Tyrone from this Crossmaglen man.
Hope to see Sam going through 'blaney on monday evening

comethekingdom

I'm afraid you'll have to make a longer journey than going to Blayney son! Get into your car and go direct to Tralee and you'll see Sam on Monday evening ;)

Mickeys beard

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 20, 2008, 08:50:38 AM

I'm afraid you'll have to make a longer journey than going to Blayney son! Get into your car and go direct to Tralee and you'll see Sam on Monday evening ;)

I suppose we could do a lap.
Boil the Drawers!

Uladh

All the best to Tyrone minors and seniors tomorrow. Minors should canter home.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Most of the papers today seem to be tipping Kerry to win, suppose that suits Tyrone fine and it was much the same story in 2005. Quite a moving article here about the journey these boys have travelled albeit a small mistake given Cormac wasnt captain in 2003. Good read though http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2008/0920/1221835127871.html

Onion Bag

As an Armagh man i would like to wish Tyrone Minors and Seniors all the best for tomorrow, ive got a ticket and i will be cheering you on. would love to see both cups coming north. it can only do good for Ulster football spurring the rest of us on to get our fingers out of our holes. so good luck  ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ziggysego

I hope that all Tyrone fans and Ulster fans heading down to the game get into Croke Park early and give our Minors men our full support too. Come on lads and gals, show them our full support!
Testing Accessibility

redcard

The omagh lads are ready especially Joe mcMahon

Onion Bag

well i would like to think they are ready, the match is tomorrow
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

DownFanatic

I had a dream last night. It ended with Kerry winning on a 2-22 to 0-03 scoreline.