Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

f**kin dump...they cant even maintain the name over the pub door.

Main Street

You're right there Mike, it's no Sun h ne De serts.
                                                s
                                                          s

tyssam5

Has Sally's re-opened then? Last time I was home there was fairly major renovation going on.

ONeill

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 08, 2008, 08:02:24 PM
ahh, more  O'Neill "humour"

bit like your  "Rub(out)-a-dub" crowd control issue getting rid of a few dubs

you're a barrel of laughs so you are...

Sheehy, you honestly need to get a hold of yourself. Your behaviour is becoming extremely erratic and tetchy. It's like cyber-carcrash watching you disintegrate like this in public. 'Only a game' tell yourself.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 08, 2008, 03:12:37 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on September 08, 2008, 03:04:21 PM
do any omagh posters remember the "Gooch Busters" banner outside Sally's in 05? Well just heard from my source (my brother who works there) that this years theme is the "Super Dooher's!" you heard it here 1st, surely this puts ziggy in 2nd place for scoop of the year? Ha ha  :P
For those with short memories...

Big Star tried to head butt Ricey coming out of sallys one night. Those kerry boys cant hould their drinnk.' Thats where the letters above the door went to.

Fuzzman

Jaysus lads the silence is deafening. What's everyone waiting for?

Are all ye newbies who posted 21 pages on SON burnt out already?

Can we get back to talking about the match and maybe tactics or who'll mark who.

Will Tyrone risk the same tactics as the last game and push their whole defence up the field for a period and swap defenders like mad so nobody knows who they're marking.

Will tyrone try to keep all kick nuts away from Big Darragh and how?

Will they kick long balls into full forward line to Sean and Tommy or carry it in to counteract a sweeper?

Can we risk our half backs pushing up so much for scores knowing that should a move break down it could result in a long ball into the twin towers in Middle Earth where The Star can reap his rewards for leaving his Shire as a child?

Surely we can talk more interesting stuff that bloody silly Sally O posters?

I am wondering will the great tactician Gandalf Harte try anything to get a response from the Kingdom's army on their apparent short fuses this year?

I hope our discipline stays as good as the last 2 games and Ricey doesn't get booked for stupid mouthing

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: ONeill on September 09, 2008, 12:39:05 AM
Sheehy, you honestly need to get a hold of yourself. Your behaviour is becoming extremely erratic and tetchy. It's like cyber-carcrash watching you disintegrate like this in public. 'Only a game' tell yourself.

relax O'Neill, dont get your knickers in a twist...

under the bar

Apparently Gooch is waking up in cold-sweats at night screaming NO! NO!! NOOOOO!! and holding his eye.   His mum then comes in and puts a wet flannel over his ginger brow and tucks him back in with his teddy saying "Don't you worry yourself pet, sure Uncle Pat will be starting you at CHF so you've only Conor Gormley to worry about this time".  Gooch then hides under the duvet with a torch.

blanketattack

Quote from: Fuzzman on September 09, 2008, 03:09:43 AM
Can we risk our half backs pushing up so much for scores knowing that should a move break down it could result in a long ball into the twin towers in Middle Earth where The Star can reap his rewards for leaving his Shire as a child?

I am wondering will the great tactician Gandalf Harte try anything to get a response from the Kingdom's army on their apparent short fuses this year?

Those tall Kerry trees will attempt to defeat the Tyrone Orcs the same way the trees defeated the Orcs in The Lord Of The Rings......................by flooding the midfield.

laceer

will colly holmes start at mf? mcginleys a cert but i rckon his partner could be one of mellon,holmes,hub or cavanagh.there'll def be some switching throughout the match but whose to start?kerry will be planning for cavanagh starting at least in ff - makes me think that maybe MH will start him in the middle

Fuzzman

Almost slipping off the 1st page lads come on

Are we all just very busy at work or are we too scared to let too much outta the bag

I think ye'll see Joey starting af MF and Sean at FF with Stevie O'Neill in goals
Then when we get a sideline ball they'll all switch like that gameshow years ago with Mike Reid where he shouts

"RUNAROUND NOW"

How do ye think Justy will fair on Star and will Conor mark the other Tower?
I think we wont see so many forrays forward this time by our corner backs but I find it intriging the way they all seem to mark a forward for a while and then change
Its as if mentally nobody will get a roasting the whole game and so maybe can relax more and not be so scared to make mistakes

I wonder how Mugsy feels the whole year having become a fringe player. Does anyone know is it totally based on form or was there any incidents?
How would have thought that we'd have played 7 matches this year and scored the massive scores we have without Canavan, Stevie, Mugsy, Cavlan, Mulgrew & a half fit Brian Mac.

I recall up in Celtic park when Derry beat us and Paddy Bradlry was showboating having given Conor Gormley a tough evening and thinking we're not going anywhere this year as we've NO forwards worth talking about.

Mickey has really changed this Tyrone team from a team that for years was always dependant on a STAR forward to get you most of your scores to a complete TEAM Based Performance team where even Tommy McGuigan passes now when he could really have a go himself.

Win lose or Draw I'm thoroughly enjoyed going to ALL 7 games this year and especially beating the Dubs once more.
I just hope we can finish it off now and throw another spanner into the works to those who say Kerry have been the team outstanding team of the Noughties.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on September 09, 2008, 03:45:56 PM
I just hope we can finish it off now and throw another spanner into the works to those who say Kerry have been the team outstanding team of the Noughties.

The SPANNER CONSPIRACY

80% of Noughties All-Irelands already decided, and as they stand:

Ciarraí 40%
Tír Eoghain 20%
Ard Mhacha 10%
An Ghaillimh 10%

Come 1700 hours on Sunday 21st September, we will either have

Ciarraí 50%
Tír Eoghain 20%

Ergo, Kerry the undisputed team of the decade, or...

Ciarraí 40%
Tír Eoghain 30% <---- THE SPANNER

with 10% yet to be determined!

All to play for!

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Hard to know when your sources are accurate but I heard O'Neill scored 0-8 at the weekend in a 'challenge' game for the county.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.