Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 06, 2008, 08:58:29 PM
Sure, if any Kerry supporter flew a Kerry flag in Omagh, dungannon, Strabane or elsewhere in Tyrone youse boys would'nt get upset or easily wound up? Would ye? ;)

It happens regularly -- there are quite a number of Derry and Armagh people resident in Tyrone ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

omagh_gael

stars dad has a huge Kerry flag outside his house behind my grandads house! You would see the odd man cheering on Kerry as well, the Man Utd of the Gaelic world :P 

ziggysego

There's a Kerry flag up in Greencastle. Can't say anyone's too upset about it.
Testing Accessibility

blanketattack

Quote from: Mickeys beard on September 06, 2008, 06:04:36 PM
Bought a huge Tyrone flag in Killarney today and walked around with it for a while over my back.  The locals weren't impressed.

I'm sure they're not complaining about some more tourist dollars in the coffers. If you had bought the flag in Cork and brought it to Killarney it'd be a different matter!

Seamus

Kerry people are well used of having opposition flags displayed on the run up to All Irelands and I have never seen anybody get annoyed over it. In fact it's the complete opposite, time for enjoyment and a bit of good natured banter which helps promote the atmosphere.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

An Fear Rua

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 06, 2008, 08:58:29 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 06, 2008, 08:38:03 PM
Quote from: Mickeys beard on September 06, 2008, 06:04:36 PM
Bought a huge Tyrone flag in Killarney today and walked around with it for a while over my back.  The locals weren't impressed.

There's dangerous, there's very dangerous, there's don't want to live anymore dangerous, and then there's that. Glad you're still alive  ;)

Sure, if any Kerry supporter flew a Kerry flag in Omagh, dungannon, Strabane or elsewhere in Tyrone youse boys would'nt get upset or easily wound up? Would ye? ;)

Art mcRory ahd a big Kerry flag in his front garden pre the 86 final. Kerry have always been welcome in Tyrone.
Its Grim up North

Mickeys beard

Quote from: Seamus on September 07, 2008, 03:08:36 PM
Kerry people are well used of having opposition flags displayed on the run up to All Irelands and I have never seen anybody get annoyed over it. In fact it's the complete opposite, time for enjoyment and a bit of good natured banter which helps promote the atmosphere.
They weren't impressed in the nicest manner-smiling through gritted teeth, talking to me while looking the opposite way, etc.  Twas funny.  Asked one character where to get a good pint of guinness and he said "Over there, but don't blame me if it's not for I won't be around when you get out!" in true Kerry style!
Boil the Drawers!

An Fear Rua

Quote from: hardstation on September 07, 2008, 09:23:47 PM
O'Neill's/ JT's/ The Venue in Coalisland have a dodgy Plunkett Donaghy statue outside.

Any tickets?

Ha ha, my cousin went to an 80's party last weekend as Plunkett!!

flights booked , no tickets as yet, but you never know
Its Grim up North

ziggysego

Flag's bound to be looking a bit tattered now hardstation.
Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

do any omagh posters remember the "Gooch Busters" banner outside Sally's in 05? Well just heard from my source (my brother who works there) that this years theme is the "Super Dooher's!" you heard it here 1st, surely this puts ziggy in 2nd place for scoop of the year? Ha ha  :P

under the bar

QuoteWell just heard from my source (my brother who works there) that this years theme is the "Super Dooher's!"

A bit wet compared to the 2005.   They've had 2 years to come up with a worthy successor like "Star Strangling Hammers" or something.

The Gs Man

Quote from: hardstation on September 07, 2008, 09:37:40 PM
Aye and it's wrapped around the pole like f**k too. Looks like a bar on the Shankill.

FFS.  ::)  A man goes on holidays for a fortnight and comes back to shite like this!!

We're Ulster Champions.....it's staying up till next year..... :)
Keep 'er lit

ONeill

"Shooting Star" should be the theme with a mock-up of Ricey and Gormley holding AK47s and blowing the head clean off Donaghy.
"Book Club" should be a side-burner with a mock-up of Ricey and Gormley brutally clubbing Galvin who has a book in his hand.

Something fun like that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mike Sheehy

ahh, more  O'Neill "humour"

bit like your  "Rub(out)-a-dub" crowd control issue getting rid of a few dubs

you're a barrel of laughs so you are...