Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

I think they only went up yesterday.  Good to see!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

orangeman

The GAA has revealed that Maurice Deegan will referee this year's All-Ireland Football Final between Kerry and Tyrone.

The Central Referees Appointment Control Committee announced on Wednesday morning that the match (Sunday, 21 September - throw in 3.30pm) will be refereed by the Laois native, who took charge of the match between Kerry and Monaghan earlier this year.

Kerry, the current champions, won that fixture 1-13 to 0-13.

Deegan also refereed the clash between Meath and Wexford in Leinster, which saw Meath overhauled after going 10 points up in the second half. He has not been in charge for a match involving Tyrone so far in this year's Championship.

The All-Ireland Minor Final between Mayo and Tyrone, which will take place on the same day, will be refereed by Rory Hickey of Clare.

Is this good news or bad news ?????????

corn02

Was Deegan the man wwho reffed Tyrone v Down in Healy? If so he was veery impressive that day.

Gabriel_Hurl

He didn't according to the post before yours.

He has already refereed Kerry though, against Monaghan

Doohicky

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 03, 2008, 11:20:22 AM
It's started!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't see these pictures in work.. Is it the tinnies?
If so I'll have to get a look at them this weekend when I am down home.

nrico2006

Aye, the tinnies have got all dressed up again.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

Quote from: corn02 on September 03, 2008, 01:41:54 PM
Was Deegan the man wwho reffed Tyrone v Down in Healy? If so he was veery impressive that day.

That was Coldrick. I can't remember any game where he has reffed Tyrone off-hand.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

corn02

Ah yes, the Meath man? He has always been very good.

T Fearon

Deegan is the man who shamefully waved a red card in the face of Francis Bellew in the summer of 2005 in the Donegal replay. Francis later received justice via an appeal >:(

You will deduce by that then that he will take no nonsense, so Tyrone defenders and goalkeeper had better keep their mits well away from the Gooch's eyes ;)

cadhlancian

Quote from: blanketattack on September 01, 2008, 11:03:05 PM
Quote from: CoDeo2 on September 01, 2008, 06:12:50 PM
Tyrone manager Mickey Harte is confident that Sean Cavanagh will be fit to play in the All-Ireland SFC Final against Kerry on 21 September.

Cavanagh was forced off in the second half of Sunday's semi-final win over Wexford because of a back injury and he also dislocated a finger in the game.

However, Harte told BBC Sport on Monday morning that the pain in Cavanagh's back had "eased considerably".

"He has three weeks before the final so he should be grand," said Harte.

Did Mickey Harte kiss Sean Cavanagh's finger better to make him stop crying?
No, hes gonna wait 3 weeks and kiss him on the lips, as he hands Sam to him

cadhlancian

Quote from: ONeill on September 02, 2008, 07:34:58 PM
The last time an All-Ireland Senior football final was played on the 21st September.........1986
who won? ::)

tyssam5

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 03, 2008, 01:45:46 PM
He didn't according to the post before yours.

He has already refereed Kerry though, against Monaghan

I thought he was good that day, seemed to be talking to the players and keeping a potentially volatile game in control. No desire to make himself the center of attention.

orangeman

If Tyrone win, he'll be a great ref, if we're beat he'll be a bollox - isn't that the way it works ?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: orangeman on September 03, 2008, 05:08:44 PM
If Tyrone win, he'll be a great ref, if we're beat he'll be a bollox - isn't that the way it works ?

that's the way things go  ;)

Many flags up around Ardboe?