Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2008, 10:38:25 PM
I thought he moved out of the way for Lyng's. Maybe he took a chance.

In fairness the way Lyng was bearing in on goal - youd have to imagine a left footed kicker going across you - the way in which devine moved. Id thought about it too, as he only reached for the ball at the last second, maybe he had made his mind up and as you say - taken a chance.

EDIT - Hardstation how you didnt notice that spelling mistake as horrendous as it was, is beyond me for a man with your eagle eye.

paddypastit

Wouldn't agree re Lyng goal - he offered no menace to Lyng who didn't have to work to pick a spot.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Yes I Would

Has to be Mc Connell for the final. Didnt he do a number on Gooch in 05

Fear ón Srath Bán

The Gooch wouldn't exactly be thrilled with Packie all right, and he does like beating Kerry  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zapatista

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2008, 05:46:28 PM
Kerry were in Citywest last year, I'd imagine they'll try there again, unless Tony has all the rooms booked. I think they stayed in Jurys Custom House back in 2005, Tyrone must have gotten City West before them :D

Kerry spent a few nights in the Dunboyne Castle in 05 I think.

Over the Bar

Tyrone are deffo having their banquet in the CityWest.

rrhf

Hows the beards!
Well an incredible achievement against many odds for Mickey and the Tyrone panel.  After the semi I thought there must be some magic power in growing a beard so Id expect a few savages around the Burlington and a gadderin' on Sat 20th If I can stick it that long. 
For those talking about changes at this stage lets not.  The team that has took Tyrone to their 5th All Ireland final could yet prove to be the greatest team effort of them all.  We all know the Mc Cauls, Carlins are snapping on their heels and the guys know that and have formed a magical combination and have played some of the greatest football that we have seen in Croke Park.  Total Football, absolute blanket attack, see the great Dutch in the 70s,  Gaelic Football as a game is becoming more complete and the systematic approach of Mickey Harte and the introduction of tactics and workrate were there was non appears to be coming full circle.  Gourley, Harte and the guys will make mistakes but their chemistry must not be altered at this stage, they are all playing well.  Who else for the burlington on Saturday 20th?
Great to see the minors a fantastic team with young Mc Kenna starting to develop into a superb prospect.  If Coney was staying about he'd have a Tyrone senior jersey on him next year.  Other potential seniors litter that team.  lets hope they can deliver against a fine Mayo team.   

Norf Tyrone

The GAA have revealed that Maurice Deegan of Laois will referee this month's All-Ireland SFC final.

The Leinster official will take charge of the September 21 clash between Kerry and Tyrone as the Kingdom chase their third successive Sam Maguire crown against the last team to deny them in the final, back in 2005.

Earlier in the day, Clare's Rory Hickey will man the whistle for the minor final clash between Mayo and Tyrone.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

It's started!!!!!!!!!!!!

Norf Tyrone

Rois

Brilliant Norf!!!  Must take a trip down home to take a look.  God bless Kieran Kennedy.

Oh, and what numbers are on the back of them?  Do we have a number 10?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rois on September 03, 2008, 11:39:10 AM
Brilliant Norf!!!  Must take a trip down home to take a look.  God bless Kieran Kennedy.

It all makes the build up Rois. The names on the big for those interested are;

McConnell
Dooher
Penrose
Harney
Connolly

Rois

You just answered my question!

Does the drummer one have the shorts on back to front??  That's good luck!

Bensars

I passed them this morning. Unfortunatley it wasnt the best morning to get a good view of them.

Must only have been put up yesterday evening.

Lamh Dhearg Alba