Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

Quote from: ONeill on August 31, 2008, 09:23:11 PM
Canavan, O'Neill and Mulligan scored 1-9 between them in the 2005 AIF. They're gone. Kerry now have Donaghy and Walsh to complement Cooper. We're fecked. St. Peter of Glencull Pray for us.

Quote from: Main Street on August 31, 2008, 09:36:57 PM
Truely Tyrones backs are against the wall like never before, you may have to go to higher powers than St Peter of Glencull .

'Those who trust in the Lord for help will find their strength renewed.
They will rise on the wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary; they will walk and not grow weak.'

Isaiah 40:31

yeah right! pray for the coming of the kingdom

magickingdom

Quote from: tyssam5 on August 31, 2008, 07:42:07 PM
Paddypower has Tyrone at 15-8. That's is nice odds, I took him in 2005 and I will have another go at that price.

I'd say it's more to do with the amount of money on Kerry from the start of the year, so it's definitely a good bet at those odds.

those odds wont last, great value there

On_the_Couch

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2008, 06:50:33 PM
it is and kerry are good are at the breaks as well, kerry don't need the same amount of possession as other teams. tyrone have very good forwards but kerry's are better individually and tyrone need to ensure it doesn't become a shootout because they will lose if it does. should be a fascinating game.

Just a little reminder that Tyrone scored 3.13 against dubs and 18-19 points today from play - I don't think Tyrone have anything to fear from a shoot-out with Kerry. Agree with your last sentence though.

On_the_Couch

Here are some stats for those pundits who are prepared to talk up their own team and talk down the opposition.

Kerry: Scored per game 18.83 - Conceded 15.17
Tyrone: Scored per game 18.86 - Conceded 14.00

There is hardly a kick of the ball between these two teams.

maggie

St Peter Of Glencull- very good..............  :D  :D

Gold

im looking 4 tickets tommorow

this match is not to be missed.

Its very hard to call and mistakes/goals will win the game.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

carribbear

I've heard that the tyrone fans are going to pay tribute to their players by sporting fake beards at the final which is rather convenient as most of their womenfolk already have a real one.

Doire Abu ;)

T Fearon

People are getting carried away here. Tyrone were credibly challenged for one half only of their combined quarter and semi finals, and looked non too comfortable yesterday when Wexford, minus their talisman, suddenly realised, at about 4.50pm, that they were in an All Ireland semi final yesterday.

Kerry are by far the superior footballing side, but I agree the match is too hard to call, as Tyrone will employ every trick in the book (and a few yet to make the book) to negate Kerry's superiority (Gooch had better watch his eyes again) and puke football will be very much in evidence, I fear.

Zapatista

Quote from: T Fearon on September 01, 2008, 10:39:54 AM
People are getting carried away here. Tyrone were credibly challenged for one half only of their combined quarter and semi finals, and looked non too comfortable yesterday when Wexford, minus their talisman, suddenly realised, at about 4.50pm, that they were in an All Ireland semi final yesterday.

Kerry are by far the superior footballing side, but I agree the match is too hard to call, as Tyrone will employ every trick in the book (and a few yet to make the book) to negate Kerry's superiority (Gooch had better watch his eyes again) and puke football will be very much in evidence, I fear.

Good man yerself.

orangeman

Kerry when you run at them as Cork did in the second half are very suspect at the back and have been all year - let's face it, if Cork had a couple of decent forwards of note, Cork would have beaten Kerry - Kerry are great going forward - defensively they have MAJOR problems.

Cork scored 2-12 yesterday - If Tyrone score 2-12 in the final, they'll win it !

orangeman

Mickey Harte said he never doubted his Tyrone players were good enough to reach the All-Ireland football final.

The Red Hands beat Wexford 0-23 to 1-14 in the semi-final at Croke Park to go through to face holders Kerry.

"Even when we were beaten by Down, I believed we had good enough players to have a fighting chance of getting to the final," said Harte.

"It is great to be there. It has been a struggle since 2005 but was have clawed our way back."

Harte disagreed with suggestions Tyrone had been slack in letting Wexford back into the semi-final after building up a commanding lead.

"I do not think it was a matter of us taking our foot off the pedal," he argued.

"I think we have to give a lot of credit to Wexford because they did not lie down.

"They are maybe a better footballing side than they have been credit for.

"Everybody expected from day one that Kerry would be in the final. Nobody knew who would be there to meet them.

"This is as tough as it gets, playing the best team in the country over the last decade. That will be a different challenge."

Good man Alex, Mckey.  ;) :D

nrico2006

QuotePeople are getting carried away here. Tyrone were credibly challenged for one half only of their combined quarter and semi finals, and looked non too comfortable yesterday when Wexford, minus their talisman, suddenly realised, at about 4.50pm, that they were in an All Ireland semi final yesterday.

Ha ha.  It took Wexford 63 minutes to realise they were in a quearter final against Armagh yet those 7 minutes was more than enough for them to coast by Armagh!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

full back

Mickey Harte & Tony Fearon both spouting sh1te :D

Cracking game in prospect. Two teams who are excellent going forward, Kerry slightly better than Tyrone, but Kerry are more suspect at the back. Interesting to see how Tyrone cope with Walsh & Donaghy.
If Galvin makes an appearance he will get wound up like fcuk as will Dara.
Gooch would be as well wearing them goggles that Edgar Davids uses ;)

Bensars

Quote from: T Fearon on September 01, 2008, 10:39:54 AM

not that you're bitter !

T Fearon

Orangeman, the Tyrone defence are hardly awe inspiring when run at either (look at the goal yesterday, and remember their left back is called Ciaran Gourley, who has been taken to their cleaners by just about every corner forward in Ulster),as Down have also proved twice this summer. In my opinion as footballers only Cavanagh and Gormley would get their place on the Kerry side, and Dooher in his prime.

Tyrone are in an All Ireland final untested for 70 minutes, and thats something you can't say about Kerry.

As I say, do not get carried away