Why are there no hill tickets for Sunday?

Started by AN other, August 26, 2008, 10:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AN other

Anybody know why there are no hill tickets for Sunday's game? I know I would much prefer to purchase a cheaper terrace ticket with a half decent view of the game than a dearer ticket at the back of the upper Canal tier. Unless it was front of the Hogan or Cusack upper tier I'd definitely go with the Hill. I also think full lower tiers and a full hill would make for a much better atmosphere than full lower tiers and half empty upper tiers.
What could the reason for this be? Is it the GAA being greedy? Is it an attempt to reduce Steward numbers and costs? What the hell is going on????

orangeman

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

SORRY

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

AN other

If that is the only reasoning it's an absolute f**king disgrace...

armaghniac

I presume it is an attempt to reduce stewarding costs, hassle with residents etc.
However given that the ground will be fairly full on Sunday I think the Hill should be opened.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tyssam5

A gesture of respect for the passing of the Dublin Gaelic football team?

Hereiam

Pangurban

No rational reason, just another stupid decision

Barney

Its obviously a money thing.

I had initially assumed that it was expected that all these tickets would be hoovered up by the counties.

its a sad state of affairs when a double bill of All ireland semi-finals cannot sell out.

Bogball XV

this is ridiculous, it's high time that some decisions were taken out of mckenna et al's hands - how can he justify making people pay an extra €20 to see a game?  If it's not going to be sold out why don't they offer the cheaper tickets in another section of the ground?  There's a sickening lack of empathy with supporters at present, additionally, I would have thought that sunday would see approx 60K there?

cornafean

An empty hill also takes away from the atmosphere within the ground and looks odd on TV. You don't have this problem if there is even a small crowd on the hill.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

orangeman

Given the credit crunch and general depression around in all sectors, would it not have been sensible to open up the hill rather than sell tickets that are in the clouds ??? Row Z in the Davin stand isn't a great place to watch a match from - the hill is a great place to be -

So € 45 for a bad seat - but €25 for a good place in the hill ?????

Doesn't mak sense to anyone other than the accountants !

his holiness nb

2 senior all ireland semi finals and a minor one. If ye cant fill the stadium even then, ye have no place demanding the GAA spend more money opening sections of the ground that arent needed lads.
Ask me holy bollix

dubsnsubs

As a neutral I would be tempted to go for €25 but not for €45. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Star Spangler

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 27, 2008, 01:51:07 PM
2 senior all ireland semi finals and a minor one. If ye cant fill the stadium even then, ye have no place demanding the GAA spend more money opening sections of the ground that arent needed lads.
Totally agree. The Dubs deserve to still be there cause they can fill the stadium!!

his holiness nb

Quote from: Star Spangler on August 27, 2008, 02:50:31 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on August 27, 2008, 01:51:07 PM
Totally agree. The Dubs deserve to still be there cause they can fill the stadium!!

No they dont, and I didnt say anything of the sort. All the teams playing on sunday are there 100% on merit. But it doesnt make sense to spend money to open a section of the ground that isnt needed.
Ask me holy bollix