Why are there no hill tickets for Sunday?

Started by AN other, August 26, 2008, 10:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

then why not shut the Canal End, and free up the cheaper tickets on the Hill. Those who want the stands could go to the Cusack or Hogan.

bennydorano

Disgraceful.  Has anyone been called to account for their moneygrabbing antics? Why are the media not making an issue of this - it's a penalty kick for the 'bogball' brigade. Infuriating,

his holiness nb

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 27, 2008, 02:58:50 PM
then why not shut the Canal End, and free up the cheaper tickets on the Hill. Those who want the stands could go to the Cusack or Hogan.

Looking at the recent games not involving the Dubs, even when the hill was opened it was clear it was the least popular place for fans. That said, they could make the effort to bring the price down as there seems to be such a lack of interest in these games.

The big question should be why there is 2 all ireland senior and one minor semi finals together and they cant even fill 3/4 of the ground.
Ask me holy bollix

AZOffaly

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 27, 2008, 03:20:15 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 27, 2008, 02:58:50 PM

Looking at the recent games not involving the Dubs, even when the hill was opened it was clear it was the least popular place for fans. That said, they could make the effort to bring the price down as there seems to be such a lack of interest in these games.

The big question should be why there is 2 all ireland senior and one minor semi finals together and they cant even fill 3/4 of the ground.

I'd say price is a significant factor to be honest. I'm not going to get into why the Cork, Kerry, Tyrone and Wexford lads won't travel in huge numbers, apparently, but for neutrals, the price is a factor. I've been to more hurling than football this year, and €20 or €15 onto the terrace at Semple Stadium was great value, as an example.

Bogball XV

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 27, 2008, 02:57:03 PM
Quote from: Star Spangler on August 27, 2008, 02:50:31 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on August 27, 2008, 01:51:07 PM
2 senior all ireland semi finals and a minor one. If ye cant fill the stadium even then, ye have no place demanding the GAA spend more money opening sections of the ground that arent needed lads.
Totally agree. The Dubs deserve to still be there cause they can fill the stadium!!

No they dont, and I didnt say anything of the sort. All the teams playing on sunday are there 100% on merit. But it doesnt make sense to spend money to open a section of the ground that isnt needed.
How much is the spend?  At least one poster has said he would go but at a min of €45 he's not going to bother, how many more people feel this way?  Maybe the cost of opening the hill would be covered by people who otherwise wouldn't bother going.  I have stood on the hill for many games that have been far from sold out, simply because it has been so much cheaper.
The other point I raised was that if it's simply to reduce costs, they should still have a section of the ground allocated for the 10-16K specatators who could otherwise go to the hill at the reduce rates that the hill normally commands - say upper cusack or somewhere, at least that way those cynics amongst us wouldn't have ammo to fire at them.

his holiness nb

I understand that AZ, but with 3 games of this stature, why do they need neutrals? Surely these counties have enough fans between them to fill Croke park?
Ask me holy bollix

AZOffaly

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 27, 2008, 03:35:54 PM
I understand that AZ, but with 3 games of this stature, why do they need neutrals? Surely these counties have enough fans between them to fill Croke park?

With all due respect, that's an entirely different topic. The fact is that it won't be full, so why not give people the option of standing for cheaper?

orangeman

Quote from: bennydorano on August 27, 2008, 03:06:15 PM
Disgraceful.  Has anyone been called to account for their moneygrabbing antics? Why are the media not making an issue of this - it's a penalty kick for the 'bogball' brigade. Infuriating,

If you want to see thing pay € 45 seems to the answer.

Why are tickets in 306 middle of the field the same price as row z in 721 ???

his holiness nb

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 27, 2008, 03:38:54 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on August 27, 2008, 03:35:54 PM

With all due respect, that's an entirely different topic. The fact is that it won't be full, so why not give people the option of standing for cheaper?

Money. See, we've come full circle  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

AZOffaly

No we haven't. Why not close the Canal End, and use the stewards there to 'police' the Hill?

his holiness nb

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 27, 2008, 03:52:44 PM
No we haven't. Why not close the Canal End, and use the stewards there to 'police' the Hill?

I dont know  ???
Maybe the hill, being a terrace, needs more "policing", I've no idea.
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Open the hill end and close the Canal they you'd have the whiners in here crying about having to stand for 6 hours ! The GAA can't win it would seem
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Main Street

Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2008, 05:40:19 PM
Open the hill end and close the Canal they you'd have the whiners in here crying about having to stand for 6 hours ! The GAA can't win it would seem
Obviously a spelling mistake Gnevin.

You meant to write winners.

armaghniac

I imagine that if the Hill is not in use then they don't have to close off some of the streets on the Summerhill end with a saving of Garda time etc. The Davin stand is entered from Jones Rd which is closed off in any case.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

northsideboy

One reason may be that internal stewarding on the Hogan, Cusack and Davin Stands are done by volunteers while the Hill is stewarded mainly by Frontline Security