Will Paul Galvin get his place back?

Started by Denn Forever, August 13, 2008, 08:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Does anyone think that Galvin would get his place back if Kerry get to the AI final.  His suspension would be up and he would be eligible to play?.

I don't think that he would be able to get his place on the current team.  Although if Tyrone get through, he would be ideal to play against them.  And I think that Tyrone might do it.

Well an interesting few weeks in the offing.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

orangeman

He'd be shiting himself afraid of Tyrone just like the rest of the Kerry team !  ;) ;)

ExiledGael

Notice in the papers today he's training with the team. Is that allowed?
Cameo few minutes if the game's safe if he's lucky.

comethekingdom

Quote from: orangeman on August 13, 2008, 08:54:20 PM
He'd be shiting himself afraid of Tyrone just like the rest of the Kerry team !  ;) ;)
You will find that the boot is on the other foot now son! Its the tyrone boys who will be shitting themselves come this Saturday nevermind an AIF !

Sandy Hill

Quote from: ExiledGael on August 13, 2008, 08:55:01 PM
Notice in the papers today he's training with the team. Is that allowed?
Cameo few minutes if the game's safe if he's lucky.

As far as I know, no!
"Stercus accidit"

Bensars

Ive never known of a suspended player NOT to train with a team.

Never heard of anyone being reprimanded for it. Then again i didnt realise that you couldnt enter the changing rooms either ( DJ Kane case).

In regards of him playing in the final ( if kerry beat cork this time) id be amazed if he didnt feature at some stage

orangeman

Quote from: comethekingdom on August 13, 2008, 09:05:39 PM
You will find that the boot is on the other foot now son! Its the tyrone boys who will be shitting themselves come this Saturday nevermind an AIF !

You're right - we're quaking !!!!!!!!  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D

We always lie down to the big teams like Kerry and Dublin !!  ;) ;)

comethekingdom

Quote from: orangeman on August 13, 2008, 09:25:40 PM
Quote from: comethekingdom on August 13, 2008, 09:05:39 PM

You're right - we're quaking !!!!!!!!  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D

We always lie down to the big teams like Kerry and Dublin !!  ;) ;)

I do hope Tyrone beat the Dubs this Sat . However it just may be beyond them without S O Neill , hopefully Mulligan will rise to the occasion and do the business. Remember - the whole country is relying on Tyrone to shut the bandwagon supporters, media, papers etc up as early as possible!

orangeman

In all sincerity I do hope Kerry make the final and win it ( if Tyrone aren't in it ) - I really felt sorry for Galvin  - ok what he did was wrong and he apologised to the whole of irleand on television the next day - but the way he was portrayed and written about was also entirely wrong.

With the above proviso, I really hope Kerry gwt to the AI and win it - and I'd love to see Gakvin climb the steps, lift the cup and shove it up Nicky Brennan's nose !!!!!!!!

Zapatista

I saw him going into the monagahan game via the Cusak Stand entrance. He was looking at his ticket and then up at the stand and back to the ticket to see where he was supposed to go. Must have been a strange for him as he looked a little lost.

Our Nail Loney

Wouldn't be that fair on the ohter players if he took someone's starting place that has worked so hard

I would expect a run from the bench to lift the lid on croker

gerry

Quote from: Bensars on August 13, 2008, 09:18:32 PM
Ive never known of a suspended player NOT to train with a team.

Never heard of anyone being reprimanded for it. Then again i didnt realise that you couldnt enter the changing rooms either ( DJ Kane case).

In regards of him playing in the final ( if kerry beat cork this time) id be amazed if he didnt feature at some stage

going by todays irish independent he got pulled up by croker for training with the team.  seeing that if kerry get to the AI he will only have two weeks training with the squad so i can hardly see him playing unless they are six points ahead with five minutes left
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

Galvin banned

Croke Park gets tough as Kerry skipper trains with squad on Monday night

By Martin Breheny

Thursday August 14 2008

THE Paul Galvin saga has taken another dramatic twist as, after training with Kerry on Monday night, he has been banned from further sessions until his suspension expires.

Croke Park yesterday told the Kerry County Board that he was not allowed to take part in formal training with club or county under the rule which covers how a suspension is to be implemented.

However, no action will be taken against Galvin or Kerry as confusion reigned over the team captain's training status throughout last weekend.

Kerry sought clarification from Croke Park late last week on how Galvin's suspension impacted on training sessions and were informed it was their responsibility to interpret the rules on a general basis.

They decided Rule 149 (d) allowed Galvin to train with the Kerry squad although his 12-week suspension doesn't expire until midnight on Saturday, September 7. He took part in last Monday night's session but Kerry were yesterday informed by Croke Park that it was not in order.

Accept

"We were led to believe it was our call. The rule isn't very specific and our reading of it was that Paul was eligible to train. Croke Park have now told us differently and that's the end of the matter. We accept their ruling," said Kerry County Board chairman Jerome Conway.

GAA president Nickey Brennan said it wasn't Croke Park's function to interpret every detail of every rule on a daily basis.

"If we did we'd get nothing else done. County Boards have plenty experience themselves in these areas. However, we have now clarified for Kerry that our interpretation of the rule is that a suspended player is not allowed to take part in formal training sessions and they have accepted that," he said.

The latest development in a case that has been running since Galvin knocked the notebook from Paddy Russell's hands as the referee was sending him off during the Munster semi-final with Clare on June 15 will come as a big disappointment to the Kerry captain.

Having been told by his county board he was cleared to train, he would have hoped to make up for lost time and put himself in serious contention for a starting place in the All-Ireland final if Kerry beat Cork in the semi-final on Sunday week.

The latest setback would leave him with just two weeks to work with the squad for the final on September 21.

- Martin Breheny
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Zapatista

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 14, 2008, 09:38:20 AM
Wouldn't be that fair on the ohter players if he took someone's starting place that has worked so hard

I would expect a run from the bench to lift the lid on croker

It wouldn't be fair if Kerry won another All Ireland eirher, surely it's Wexfords turn after working so hard ::)

AZOffaly

I think the GAA are getting a bit petty over this. Apparently the Kerry County Board contacted them to see if Galvin could train. They said it's up to you to interpret the rule, so the KCB decided he could (hardly surprising, but that's another story). Then the GAA stepped back in and said 'You've interpreted it wrong'.

Shower of clowns.