Will Paul Galvin get his place back?

Started by Denn Forever, August 13, 2008, 08:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornafean

Quote from: gerry on August 14, 2008, 09:47:51 AM

"However, we have now clarified for Kerry that our interpretation of the rule is that a suspended player is not allowed to take part in formal training sessions and they have accepted that," he said.

Two ways of looking at this:

- Croke Park getting petty in banning suspended players from training with club or county
- Payback time for the GPA grants scheme, ie if a player gets suspended for a long period, he will lose his "grant"
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

AZOffaly

Either way corn, they could have said,'No he's banned' when the KCB asked. what they did looks petty. 'You decide', 'OK, he can train'. 'NO FOOL, HE CAN'T'.

Like a comedy.

full back

How do the GAA define a formal training session?
Surely you can say it isnt formal ???

Hardy

Good point about the grant. And if he has breached the terms of his suspension, presumably there must be some  penalty for that? Otherwise, why would anyone abide by them? Not getting at Galvin, just making the general point.

Anyway, Zapatista - when you saw him looking at his ticket and trying to figure out where he was, you should have run over and slapped it out of his hand. Just for the crack.

Zapatista

I was afraid to ask him to sign my program Hardy.

It depends who Kerry were chating to in Croker and when they sought this information. It was probably to late by the timethe interpretation got back to Kerry which would explain it as an inoccent mistake and no big deal.

cornafean

Quote from: full back on August 14, 2008, 10:30:00 AM
How do the GAA define a formal training session?
Surely you can say it isnt formal ???

Presumably a session has to be "formal" in order to be counted for grant purposes?
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

AZOffaly

And insurance purposes. That's the big thing.

Bomber2312

So a lad sent off cant train with his club team? This is absolutely ridiculous situation.....next they'll be stoppin him looking at a football

orangeman

This is just f--king stupid, petty, pedantic, silly, childish and some might say typical of the GAA !!!!

This is ridiculous and I'm away to start another thread on the subject !  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Denn Forever

To get back to the original question, would be get his place back by rights i.e. he would be the best players in the position? I don't think that he would be able to get his place on the current team.  The young lad Walsh (?) is having a blinder.  Is he anything to Sean Walsh who played full back in the early 80's?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

orangeman

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 14, 2008, 11:46:17 AM
To get back to the original question, would be get his place back by rights i.e. he would be the best players in the position? I don't think that he would be able to get his place on the current team.  The young lad Walsh (?) is having a blinder.  Is he anything to Sean Walsh who played full back in the early 80's?
[/b]

He's  son of Sean - Sean's other son Barry John plays for the Kerry minors and he only scored 3-3 on Saturday for the minors in their quarter final in Portlaoise !!!  ;) :D

Ball Hopper

Quote from: orangeman on August 14, 2008, 12:11:23 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on August 14, 2008, 11:46:17 AM
[/b]

He's  son of Sean - Sean's other son Barry John plays for the Kerry minors and he only scored 3-3 on Saturday for the minors in their quarter final in Portlaoise !!!  ;) :D

And it seems there is a younger lad who is still U-16 that would have got his place on the minors this year, but Dad decided he was too young and didn't allow him to go for trials or anything.  Looks like another family to replace the O'Se clan as a backbone of the Kerry squad for the next decade or so.

Apart from this family and Ogie's son, has any other of the Kerry greats of the 70's produced any players?

Was Pat Spillane even allowed to engage in such breeding activities?

Some production line.

Kerry Mike

QuoteApart from this family and Ogie's son, has any other of the Kerry greats of the 70's produced any players?

Tim Kennelly's two lads, Noel and Tadhg were handy footballers and Jacko's young fello Aidan O'Shea is a fine footballer, he was in the Kerry panel earlier in the year but is out injured.

John Egan's son is a fine footballer and soccer player in Cork, has been over in England I think for a few trials

John Kennedy's son Eoin has been with the minors the last few years.

And of Course the O'Se have a famous uncle and their father played Junior for Kerry.

No sign of any O'Keeffe's, Sheehy's, Liston's or Spillane's just yet  :P

As for Paul Galvin its a sham that he can't train, Mr President sticking his nose in again I think. I assume there is nothing stopping him training with a local rugby or soccer team for his term of suspension. Anyone got a number for Listowel Rugby Club ???
If we do get to a final I'd imagine Paul will become one of the main motivating factors for the team and I could see Paul getting a run late on, but cant see him starting at this stage. But its all speculation we have a tough semi final first to look forward to against the Langers, and any thoughts of finals, captancy, or 3-in-a-row is for another day.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

magpie seanie

Nicky Brennan does not want Galvin to lift Sam and I'm convinced would go to some lengths to prevent same.

If Kerry win the final they should definitely not name Galvin in the starting team and say someone else is captai. If they win just send Galvin up to collect her. It would be class.

orangeman

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 15, 2008, 12:04:09 PM
Nicky Brennan does not want Galvin to lift Sam and I'm convinced would go to some lengths to prevent same.

If Kerry win the final they should definitely not name Galvin in the starting team and say someone else is captai. If they win just send Galvin up to collect her. It would be class.

I agree with you Seanie but can't quite work out what Brennan's motivation is to do this !

I hope they get to the final so that Brennan has a few sleepless nights and a few nightmares -

Can you see it now ??

Galvin going up the steps and saying :

" A chairde, is mor an onoir dom an Chorn seo a ghlacadh ar son Nicolas O'Braonain, an CCCC agus Padraig O'Russeil as Tiobraid Arann. I'd like to thank all my supporters on GAABOARD.COM !! "

;) ;) :D :D >:( ;D ;D ;D