Ciarraí V Corcaigh AISF 2008

Started by comethekingdom, August 10, 2008, 10:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comethekingdom

Bring on the Rebels!
Revenge for the MF? Hopefully Kerry can keep their supremacy over Cork in HQ intact.

Daniel Bohane should probably start on the team after his perfromance v Galway.  Maybe would consider Tommy Griffin for midfield as I think he is a better all round player than Seamus Scanlon.

Tankie

another embarrising crowd for an All Ireland semi final anyway!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Zulu

I think there'll be a much bigger crowd for this game, I reckon both teams will bring bigger support than previous years and it should be a much better game. You'd have to fancy Kerry but I think Cork have the players to put it up to Kerry.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on August 11, 2008, 01:14:41 PM
I think there'll be a much bigger crowd for this game, I reckon both teams will bring bigger support than previous years and it should be a much better game. You'd have to fancy Kerry but I think Cork have the players to put it up to Kerry.
[/b]

Cork can beat Kerry - they've already done so this year - coming from 9 down at half time - was that a fluke ?

Zulu

I think there has to be an element of good fortune when any team beats Kerry like Cork did in that second half, however I think Cork have the players to compete in midfield and the defenders to mark Donaghy and Cooper. If their forwards, who are good, play to their potential then we have the makings of an upset IMO. Still if you gave me a free bet I'd have to back Kerry.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on August 11, 2008, 02:45:50 PM
I think there has to be an element of good fortune when any team beats Kerry like Cork did in that second half, however I think Cork have the players to compete in midfield and the defenders to mark Donaghy and Cooper. If their forwards, who are good, play to their potential then we have the makings of an upset IMO. Still if you gave me a free bet I'd have to back Kerry.

That Pearse O'Neill fella went on a run yesterday in the first 10 minutes and he was absolutely flying - Kevin Mc Stay was amazed last night on the Sunday game, saying he didn't realise he had that sort of turn of foot. He really put it up to Kerry that last day.

When is this game fixed for ??

Kerry Mike

Sunday 24th August and I can't wait. The Kingdom v the Langers just makes the hairs on my neck stand up every time. 

This will be a huge test of our abilities, the Rebels will not want to lose for a 5th time to us in Croke Park since 2002 and dispite their inconsistancies I think they just may have the beating of us this year if we can't get on top in a few key areas namely midfield and our full back line.

The Kerry training will be interesting the next 2 weeks.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

fred the red

If this was an Ulster affair this thread would be on the 10th page by now.

INDIANA

kerry by 7/8 points. just can't see cork doing it, thye'd have been better off losing the munster final because kerry have all the motivation going into this one. expect changes at midfield and full back for kerry, as they finally unleash their best 15.

timmykelleher

I think Declan O'Sullivan is a huge addition to Kerry since the Munster final. He seems to be flying.

I'm hoping Cork's performance against Kildare was only sloppy because Kildare let us go so far ahead.

We got a good run on Kerry in the munster final so we are definitely able to beat them.
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

T Fearon

What do you reckon the chances are of a Skangers V Langers AI Final?

his holiness nb

I'd like to think this was a good game but there seems to be a trend developing.

Munster final, whatever about the result, close game, not much in it. Later same year in Croke park, Kerry win easily. Thats happened a few times in recent years.

Heres hoping the trend ends this year and we get a competitive game.
Ask me holy bollix

timmykelleher

" close game, not much in it"

ahem!

There was 5 points in it but only because Kerrigan felt sorry for them at the end and decided to take his point!!
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

under the bar

Quoteanother embarrising crowd for an All Ireland semi final anyway!

Agreed there won't be tens of 1000's making the long journey but there's a lot of bogmen working in Dublin these days.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: under the bar on August 14, 2008, 04:13:00 PM
Agreed there won't be tens of 1000's making the long journey but there's a lot of bogmen working in Dublin these days.

And why wouldn't there be? The natives don't do a rap I believe.