Kildare To Seek Postponement

Started by Real1995, August 04, 2008, 09:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

they were to play on the 9th and they have been planning for that and because two counties kick up Dublin have to move their game!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Maguire01

Quote from: Tankie on August 05, 2008, 12:19:52 AM
they were to play on the 9th and they have been planning for that and because two counties kick up Dublin have to move their game!
Dublin complain when they only get 15,000 tickets, now they complain when they get a stand-alone game. There really is no pleasing some.

full back

Quote from: Tankie on August 05, 2008, 12:19:52 AM

FFS, what do ye want?
You cant have it every way.
If you had to play a doubleheader you would still be yapping as well
Typical f**king jackeens

Dinny Breen

Does anyone believe playing 4 championship games in a row is fair and is keeping with player welfare? Answer honestly and forget the circumstances. All teams are equal no?

Anyway, I believe we should play it on Sunday as we would be much sharper and consider how slowly we start it might actually be to our advantage.
#newbridgeornowhere

full back

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 05, 2008, 08:36:31 AM
Does anyone believe playing 4 championship games in a row is fair and is keeping with player welfare? Answer honestly and forget the circumstances. All teams are equal no?

Dinny, no point in crying over it now
If you were so worried about the schedule you would have won your Province & had a nice long break
Bet Fermanagh would love to have that problem....

Dinny Breen

Quote from: full back on August 05, 2008, 08:39:38 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 05, 2008, 08:36:31 AM

Dinny, no point in crying over it now
If you were so worried about the schedule you would have won your Province & had a nice long break
Bet Fermanagh would love to have that problem....

Who's crying?

Thanks for not answering the question, it's not whether Kildare should be grateful it's whether it's fair regardless of the circumstances.
#newbridgeornowhere

full back

Yes, its fair
This is the way it is succesful teams ;)

Dinny Breen

Quote from: full back on August 05, 2008, 09:27:09 AM
Yes, its fair
This is the way it is succesful teams ;)

Fair enough but Kildare went 10 weeks without a game and now have to play 4 in a row, mental planning.
#newbridgeornowhere

full back

You are right - the planning is sh1te
But if a team has been beaten early in the championship they can have no complaints about their schedule IMHO

Uladh

On a general point Dinny i don't believe its in any way a hinderence to player welfare. quite the opposite in fact. we regard a championship match as some sort of gladiatorial battle in our sport when in reality its no tougher (arguably less so) than your average celtic league, aussie rules or nfl game. now obviously those other sports are professional but during these high intensity periods our players are treated close to professional levels (in every way bar payment obviously) to maximise recovery. proper nutrition, hydration, massage, cryotherapy, compression skins, days off work, etc are all par for the course for inter county players with games week after week. with that in mind, i believe the teams playing every week are at a distinct advantage, for a variety of reasons but especially menatally during tougher periods of games.

players love playing and i'd say thay'd prefer playing every week rather than training for a month between championship matches. i could develop that on to how i feel the championship should actually be set out but thats for another day!

lynchbhoy

remember how the Meath and Dublin teams were unhappy and complained about the successive games each week in the 1991 saga!

no I dont eather !

I would agree that this is poor planning, but thats the system right now, it helped beat Waterford last year,and maybe had a bit to do with why Fermanagh were so rubbish - though they cant shoot which I think is a bigger problem.

Kildare are v unlucky here but thats the luck of the draw.

I cant see how or why Dublin can complain about the extra week.
Apart from being eager to win and giving tyrone an additional week to recuperate, it allows the Dubs to prepare longer for the team in hand.
The GAA are just being greedy as a Dub v Tyr game will be a sell out and a double header would destroy the atmosphere which should be fantastic. The cork game could have been held in semple.
Cant see anything other than a dublin win by at least 6 points though

Dinny Breen

LB/Uladh,

I agree with you both, I don't believe it should be postponed as it's in our favour I believe but I can understand why especially if we have injury concerns although we are good on that front and Ken Donnelly should be available for selection. Personally I think it's a smokescreen, divert from the players, annoy Cork and let Kildare go quietly about their business. Have to say since the Wicklow debacle McGeeney and Co haven't put a foot wrong, very impressed with their management.

Still mental planning, no-one can argue with that, same every year mind.
#newbridgeornowhere

Uladh

is the u21 centre bcak who as sent off against wicklow available again dinny?

Dinny Breen

Quoteis the u21 centre bcak who as sent off against wicklow available again dinny?

Gary "Chalky" White came on as a sub against Limerick, scored a fine point, was named as full-forward in a late change for Donnelly on Sunday. Had a good game, played almost as a third mid-fielder, he might be moved back to the half-back line on Sunday but won't displace Foley in the centre probably Scanlon, Foley is a very good player riddled by injuries the last 2 seasons, The Sunday Tribune are always hyping him up as a future all-star for some reason.

The request for a postponement has been turned down.

#newbridgeornowhere

Uladh

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 05, 2008, 11:34:25 AM

The request for a postponement has been turned down.

what a surprise.

where did white play on sunday and what number was he?