Kildare To Seek Postponement

Started by Real1995, August 04, 2008, 09:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Real1995

RTÉ has learned that Kildare County Board are to seek a postponement of their All-Ireland Football quarter-final against Cork.  The reason for this is that that have played matches on the previous three weekends and their county board feels like they should not have to play on a fourth consecative.

Driving home tonight and i heard this on the radio, personally i dont think that they have a chnace in hell.....and i know lots of counties who would not grumble having to play a match in croker at this time of the year
Nice guys always finish second!

Rossfan

Kildare havent a snowballs chance in Hell......unless they agree to go to Páirc Ui Chaoimh ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman

They're taking the piss !!!! What a joke ! Do they think they're going to beat Cork ??  ;) :D ;D

DUBSFORSAM1

Why won't they??? Why should Cork get precedence and why can't they be treated like Tyrone who are getting an extra week and there can be no saying that they have to play on the dates laid down!!

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Onlooker

Where and when do Kildare propose that this match should be played?.  There is no possibility of this game being postponed and I don't know why they are looking for any postponement.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteWhy won't they??? Why should Cork get precedence and why can't they be treated like Tyrone who are getting an extra week and there can be no saying that they have to play on the dates laid down!!

You can't compare the two situations given the difference between the semi final dates. With q/finals going straight to replays, you need at least a fortnight between the q/final date and the semi final. Dublin & Tyrone will have that, a refixed Cork Kildare match wouldn't. Don't think Kildare have any chance, its the consequence of losing in Leinster (although the schedule was set as it is to aid club football rather than punish provincial losers).
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Shortso79

They are just stirring the nest ....

Lecale2

johnpower

Sorry cannot agree I hope they do not suceed ,The schedule is tight so the GAA has to hold the line .

Doire abú

McGeeney probably knew it'd be refused before asking and only asked so to try and implement a bit of siege mentality into the players, i.e its us against the world. a la Pillar Caffrey.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: johnpower on August 04, 2008, 11:22:36 PM
Sorry cannot agree I hope they do not suceed ,The schedule is tight so the GAA has to hold the line .

Is that so? Then how come they put back one match already????

Yes I Would

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 04, 2008, 11:57:12 PM

Is that so? Then how come they put back one match already????

To satisfy the demand of the Dublin faithful, Oh and to fill their coffers!!

Tankie

if only the took the same view when they screwed Dublin over we would be fine!
Grand Slam Saturday!

corn02

screwed them over? Dry your fuckin eyes.