Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Have acquired an iPhone 3GS 32gb

It is currently for sale and on the Vodafone network
In excellent condition

PM for further details

BenDover

Quote from: The Corporal on August 04, 2010, 10:09:52 AM
Guys need some help. Had my iphone 3gs for a few weeks now but it never shows the 3G symbol beside the network provider. Its always either a circle, an E or the wifi symbol. Im on 02 pay n go and changed my settings to match this but still doest show the 3g symbol. Any help is appreciated!

Just check you have a 3G sim card as i had to change my old sim over when I got my 3GS

The Worker

Lads

im getting an iphone 3 in the next few days, im currently on a simplicity deal with o2.

when i get the phone do i need to change my contract to the simplicity iphone deals?

is there a new 3g sim card i am required to get for it to work?

thanks

muppet

Quote from: The Worker on March 15, 2011, 06:21:29 PM
Lads

im getting an iphone 3 in the next few days, im currently on a simplicity deal with o2.

when i get the phone do i need to change my contract to the simplicity iphone deals?

thanks

Don't know.

No afaik you need a smaller sim card for the iPhone 4 not the 3g.
MWWSI 2017

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: The Worker on March 15, 2011, 06:21:29 PM
Lads

thanks

Don't think you can get a simplicity iPhone tariff. You either have to go with one of the iPhone tariffs, minimum is £30 a month or just use a simplicity tariff and pay for using the internet on iPhone (other than over wifi), which could be a lot.

The Worker

there are simplicity for iphone tariffs on o2:

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simplicity/iphone/1_month

dont know if i have to go for one of these or not though, i currently have unlimited downloads from internet so cant see any advantages of switching over to this sim.

supersub

You can use your own tariff with the iPhone 3G! If it doesn't have Internet allowance though your data charges will be high!

Radda bout yeee

I'm going to buy a car kit for the car and was wondering whats the best option I want something that is easy to use looks well integrated in the car and there's a good sound quality. Also preferable would be to be able to play the ipod through the car!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Shamrock Shore

Parrott is the only man for the iPhone when it comes to in-car hands free solution.

Expensive though - €299 all in if you want it installed. This is through the O2 stores Dine Site.

Will play your music direct through connection or via bluetooth.

Quality is perfect.

Radda bout yeee

is that the mki9200?

Does it integrate well on the dashboard don't want an eyesore on it!!!

Shamrock Shore

Yes - that sounds right (don't have the car handy)

The display can be detached from its housing (the housing plus display can be put anywhere on the front of the car) for security. The display is about 6cm by 6 cm square.

The control can similarly be placed anywhere using self adhesive pad (which can be moved subsequently).

It's all very tidy and discreet - well it should be as long as the fitter knows his stuff.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 22, 2011, 02:14:43 PM
Yes - that sounds right (don't have the car handy)

The display can be detached from its housing (the housing plus display can be put anywhere on the front of the car) for security. The display is about 6cm by 6 cm square.

The control can similarly be placed anywhere using self adhesive pad (which can be moved subsequently).

It's all very tidy and discreet - well it should be as long as the fitter knows his stuff.

Thanks for the advice!

Radda bout yeee

One other thing do all parrot systems play your ipod through the speakers and say you have a tom tom app does it play the directions through the speakers?

Shamrock Shore

Iphone music will play through the car speakers - sound will be controlled with the Parrot remote. Will automatically kick if using bluetooth.

Don't have Tom Tom so cannot answer that - I have Navigon (which is shite as it's never updated so when you are on some of the new motorways the sat nav tells you that you are in the middle of a field) but I use a map if I need to get from A to B.

supersarsfields

My 3GS has started playing up. The wifi won't connect to the home network anymore. The network is coming up on the wifi page but it's not connecting automatically anymore. and when I tap the network it just keeps that little spinning circle thing going but never connects. I know it's not an network problem as the laptop still connects no problems. Anyone else have this problem?