3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Haven't looked into iphones at all but curious. Are they available on pay as you go and if so, as borat would say..very nice how much?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ziggysego

Quote from: Puckoon on January 21, 2010, 08:32:12 PM
Do the companies offer insurance over there for the iPhone? Non runner over here, even though other phones can have it.

Anyone else have mobileme from apple?

$100 a year and it gives you the ability to download your contacts, info, pictures and music onto the apple server, gives you the ability to shut off your phone and lock it in the event of it being stolen/lost, and the ability to track the device down using GPS.

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/

I've my iPhone insured with http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/.

Isn't that mobileme think not just the same as backing everything onto the computer Puck?
Testing Accessibility

Rois

The first one was stolen when I was swimming in Puerto Banus at 2am and cleverly left everything on the shore.
The second I dropped one Sat morn when I was putting my football boots in the boot of the car.

ONeill

Are these islate or tablets out yet in the States?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on January 21, 2010, 08:40:43 PM

Not yet.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Mmm, had a look at it and the screen looks like something that'd need replacing once in a while.

Not apple or Iphone but love the look of this yoke - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlF0YllW7Gg - albeit not really consumer-friendly!

Puckoon

This may be what apple are unveiling next week at headquarters.

ONeill

Quote from: Puckoon on January 21, 2010, 08:53:34 PM

This may be what apple are unveiling next week at headquarters.

I'm a year into my iphone contract (3g - 18months). Is there way way to upgrade before that or is it pointless if something's coming out in the Summer.

Puckoon

if theres nothing wrong with the phone, and you are cost concious, I wouldnt upgrade. I only did because mine was stolen.

Over here its a 2 year upgrade, so if you dont plan on changing (which I didnt), I had no problems upgrading.

Until someone tells us what is coming in the summer, there isnt really much point in speculating, so unless you are in a rush, Id wait.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on January 21, 2010, 08:45:09 PM
Mmm, had a look at it and the screen looks like something that'd need replacing once in a while.

Not apple or Iphone but love the look of this yoke - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlF0YllW7Gg - albeit not really consumer-friendly!

Microsoft? Na, I'll give it a miss.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Yes, the phone's 100% apart from the battery. It's starting to piss me off a bit but I do use it an awful lot for emails, podcasts and the like.

Someone was telling me about getting one of those protective cases that charges it.

Why would I have data roaming turned on?

Puckoon

The protective case with the extra battery is pretty good, but slightly bulky.

The more 3G use you have, the more the battery goes. I tend to take the 3G off if Im in an area where its sketchy reception, or using WIFI for long periods of time.

You can also change the screen levels, brightness, length of time before screen saver etc?

ONeill

Quote from: Puckoon on January 21, 2010, 09:08:53 PM
The protective case with the extra battery is pretty good, but slightly bulky.

The more 3G use you have, the more the battery goes. I tend to take the 3G off if Im in an area where its sketchy reception, or using WIFI for long periods of time.

You can also change the screen levels, brightness, length of time before screen saver etc?

I rarely have 3g on. Yes, I've noticed recently that battery life has extended a bit with the brightness turned right down.

stephenite

What does Jailbroken mean?

Puckoon

It means the Phone gets reconfigured to where the restrictions put on it by apple are removed. It becomes more like an ordinary computer. You can change how it is set up, download apps for free, not need iTunes to download, turn the phone into a WIFI hot spot.