3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Puckoon on January 20, 2010, 05:17:02 PM
There is no insurance for the iphone on plans over here. Its simply not available.

How much for a new one?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

$199. for the 16GB 3GS, with a new two year contract.

$299. for the 32GB.

Minder

Quote from: Puckoon on January 20, 2010, 05:19:25 PM
$199. for the 16GB 3GS, with a new two year contract.

$299. for the 32GB.

New one in the summer allegedly, maybe get some piece of shot until then.

Puckoon

Thats what Im thinking about, but to be honest, I use the damn thing so much, and any new phone (even a free one, will require a 2 year upgrade plan), so I may have to just bed over and take it.

There goes January's budget!

supersarsfields

Is there much of an improvement in the new phone compared to the old one? My contract is up and i'm going for an upgrade. But o2 have advised that I might be better to wait til June before doing it? Any ideas?

Archie Mitchell

No real leaks yet as to what is on the new iPhone, and usually hard to find out up until the planned release date. They will probably improve the speed of it, more memory, better camera etc.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: thebigfella on January 18, 2010, 11:43:42 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 18, 2010, 10:54:51 PM
When I go to C:\Users\My Name there is no folders called AppData there. Unless its hidden. How do you view hidden files in Vista?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial130.html

Try that.

Cheers. There appears to be 2 files in there. Im assuming the one with the most recent date is the most recent backup? If I am to restore my laptop, do I need to put this backup file in the same location again, or just plug the iPhone in and see what happens? As will have the backup file anyway to restore too if anything does happen.

Puckoon

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 20, 2010, 06:07:27 PM
Is there much of an improvement in the new phone compared to the old one? My contract is up and i'm going for an upgrade. But o2 have advised that I might be better to wait til June before doing it? Any ideas?

I just asked a rep at ATT today and they said there wasnt any noise about a new one at all?

flantheman82

Anyone tell me if I can watch any live tv on my iPhone?
And how do I go about doing this if at all possible?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: flantheman82 on January 20, 2010, 08:06:02 PM
Anyone tell me if I can watch any live tv on my iPhone?
And how do I go about doing this if at all possible?

Open Safari and go to http://iphone.tvcatchup.com

You need to register but it's free. Can watch most freeview channels. Can use over 3G and wifi.

Sky also offer live TV, though it's £6 per month and only works over wifi unless your iPhone is jailbroken.

Minder

Quote from: Puckoon on January 20, 2010, 06:51:34 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on January 20, 2010, 06:07:27 PM

I just asked a rep at ATT today and they said there wasnt any noise about a new one at all?

I had the same nonsense from 02 last year before I got the 3GS. Thy tried to get me to take a 3G about a month before the 3GS came out. They just want their stock of older models shifted. I wouldn't listen to a word any of them tell you.

Puckoon

Has anyone used both the 3G and the 3GS? Is there much of a difference?

I ask because att will offer me a 3G for 99$ whereas the 3GS is 199$.

Archie Mitchell

3GS is supposed to be twice as fast in loading. The S stands for speed apparantly. Loads of videos on youtube comparing them both doing the same things.

Puckoon

I know it means twice as fast, but is it really much different?

Archie Mitchell

Think only differences are the speed, recording video, voice dialling, compass and a few other trivial things.