3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Puckoon on December 31, 2009, 05:13:35 PM
Quote from: Treasurer on December 31, 2009, 02:20:43 AM
Mine decided it didn't like some websites (including this one and the rte site for example) and I keep getting "Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found" - if I keep at it, the page eventually loads but it's a pain.  Most sites working perfectly.  I reset everything, but to no avail. Any ideas?

My internet initially stopped working after a day- and so I took the phone to the apple store and the guy did something and it worked again.

Helpfull, I know.

Did you see a donkey in the store-room?

In Donegal in the 1700s, they cured whooping cough by passing the child up and under a donkey three times. Apple would be into that type of thing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Treasurer

Quote from: Candyman on December 31, 2009, 02:23:26 PM
have u got a 3G or 3GS?

3GS

Quote from: Puckoon
My internet initially stopped working after a day- and so I took the phone to the apple store and the guy did something and it worked again.

Helpfull, I know.

Thanks Puck, good to know just need someone to do something and all will be well. :)

ziggysego

Quote from: Puckoon on December 31, 2009, 05:13:35 PM
Mine decided it didn't like some websites (including this one and the rte site for example) and I keep getting "Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found" - if I keep at it, the page eventually loads but it's a pain.  Most sites working perfectly.  I reset everything, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Helpfull, I know.

I was going to suggest whacking it, but try that first Treasurer
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Is that all you ever think about ziggy?

Besides, treas is a lady.

lurganblue

i used to use that site Audiko.net to get ringtones for the iphone for free but they now seem to be charging. anybody know of any other sites that do this for free?

omagh_gael

My contracts due for renewal with o2 now at the end of the month, Im thinking of keeping my 3g iPhone and going onto one of those rolling monthly contracts. Does anybody know if o2 do any bolt-on's where I could maintain my unlimited data allowance?

thebigfella

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 11, 2010, 11:13:52 PM
My contracts due for renewal with o2 now at the end of the month, Im thinking of keeping my 3g iPhone and going onto one of those rolling monthly contracts. Does anybody know if o2 do any bolt-on's where I could maintain my unlimited data allowance?

Your contract ends but you continue on the same plan, why would you need to change unless you want to?

Archie Mitchell

Because the iPhone contract is a rip off and the simplicity contract is the way to go. I think you can get a web bolt on with any tariff. I got one on mine before I switched onto the iPhone tariff.

lurganblue

Quote from: GAA 125 on January 11, 2010, 11:11:56 PM
lurgan you can still download for free of that site, just click download to desktop , does the trick

cheers. Worked well

Treasurer

Still having this problem with a few sites if anyone has any bright ideas?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 11, 2010, 11:13:52 PM

On o2 simplicity, you can get 700 minutes, 1400 texts and a free bolt on (including free web) for £20 per month on a month by month basis. http://shop.o2.co.uk/sim-only-simplicity

Cant go too far wrong with that. That's the one I plan to go on when my contract expires in July, though if the new iPhone is out by July, I may be persuaded to stay on.

ziggysego

Anyone having problems with the Facebook App today? Everytime I try to write something, it won't post and the app freezes.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Having that with the pictures ziggly.

Everytime I upload one, the app exits spontaneously.

ziggysego

Havent tried uploading a picture. Good to know it's not only me. Means a fix should be available in the Apps Store in a day or two.
Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

Cheers Archie, that's exactly what I'm looking for! Will do the simplicity contract and wait for the new iPhone and resume a new contract then.