3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

No can do!

Iphone can only sync with one comp at a time (unlike the ipod touch which can sync with many).

I really don't know but maybe there's some way you can transfer the existing itunes files from your bad laptop over to your good laptop which might sort the problem.

thebigfella

Quote from: screenexile on December 17, 2009, 01:58:23 AM
No can do!

Iphone can only sync with one comp at a time (unlike the ipod touch which can sync with many).

I really don't know but maybe there's some way you can transfer the existing itunes files from your bad laptop over to your good laptop which might sort the problem.

You can use the iphone with another comp, you have to sync it with it and if you dont want to lose all your data, music, apps etc. move your itunes library to the new computer too first.

Shrek

Quote from: screenexile on December 17, 2009, 01:58:23 AM
No can do!

As Above, you can use the Iphone on 2 /3 different Computers.

gortnaleck

My Iphone got synced to my wife's account.I got it pretty much sorted but can't get her notes deleted or I can't make notes for myself.What's the best way to sort this out

mylestheslasher

Quote from: lurganblue on December 15, 2009, 10:03:25 PM
So at the min I can connect to the wireless but it does nothing. Safari won't work and neither will apps like facebook etc however when I switch wireless off, it all works again but slowly as no 3g available.

Might have to try this restore craic alright. Strange that it was working well this time last week

Has you iphone been unlocked or jailbroken?

Go into settings and reset network settings and see if that works.

TheGreatRambo

Have had the iphone for near a month now and am pretty underwhelmed with it to be honest, am I the only one disappointed in it??

Minder

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on December 20, 2009, 11:36:59 AM
Have had the iphone for near a month now and am pretty underwhelmed with it to be honest, am I the only one disappointed in it??

Yes
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: Minder on December 20, 2009, 11:48:39 AM

Yes

the good folk of this forum have appointed you as official spokesman on iphones then?

Minder

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on December 20, 2009, 12:00:58 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 20, 2009, 11:48:39 AM

Yes

the good folk of this forum have appointed you as official spokesman on iphones then?

All opinions expressed here are those  of Minder unless otherwise stated.

screenexile

What disappoints you about it and what other phone would you class as better??

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: screenexile on December 20, 2009, 12:50:52 PM
What disappoints you about it and what other phone would you class as better??

Ah maybe I'm just getting old, I was always one for the latest gadgets and phones but held off on getting iphone as I didn't wanna leave vodafone and in the last 12 months or so ended up just using a basic Nokia. Vodafone offered me an iphone about a month ago and I took it but maybe my phone usage isn't as much as it used to be or the fact that I have laptop sitting in front of me all day both at work and at home, I just don't seem to be getting the use out of it.

screenexile

That's fair enough! I would use it an awful lot for Facebook and internet as well as listening to music and playing games when I'm bored. In fairness I'm a bit obsessed probably as it's never out of my hand and I have to give it a full charge every day because I use it so much.

Really though there is no need for it and if you are only looking for a phone there is no need for an iPhone as there are probably better actual phones out there. I still wouldn't tradse my iphone for anything though.

lurganblue

I used to buy a new phone on payg every six months or so as I was always looking for something better but ever since I bit the bullet and got a contact for the iPhone I haven't even looked at another phone. It's never out of my hand either because of facebook, Twitter, football scores, NFL, news etc I don't really even get playing games tbh. I'm due an upgrade in about eight months and it looks certain to be the 3gs I'll be after

Minder

Quote from: lurganblue on December 20, 2009, 03:37:37 PM
I used to buy a new phone on payg every six months or so as I was always looking for something better but ever since I bit the bullet and got a contact for the iPhone I haven't even looked at another phone. It's never out of my hand either because of facebook, Twitter, football scores, NFL, news etc I don't really even get playing games tbh. I'm due an upgrade in about eight months and it looks certain to be the 3gs I'll be after

Lurgan, there is nothing the 3GS can do that the 3G can't, except for video recording & there is an app for that (as they say in the ad). There will probably be another one out next summer so I would wait to see what they have. If you are happy with the Iphone just change your contract to a "simplicity" one at upgrade time, you keep te phone but your tariff will drop to about £20mth.

Tony Baloney

When replying to a quote on this very board my reply text inevitably starts within the
Quotetags of the original. In a long quote I can't even see the bottom of it as there is no scroll bar.

Tips please.