3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 29, 2009, 03:17:14 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 29, 2009, 02:26:31 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on November 29, 2009, 02:23:28 PM
Where abouts do u get the 3G signal Minder? Are u in the south? I have yet to find anywhere in the north where there is a 3G signal, does anyone know why this is?

Secondly, my contract is due for renewal at the end of January and I'm going to upgrade, anyone have any reviews of the iPhone 3GS? I will more than likely go for this. Is there a charge for the handset? When I got my iPhone 3G in august 08 it was £99.

I am in Belfast, 3GS is free on 24 mth £44 per mth tariff, if you want the £34 per mth contract the handset is about £90.

If you have the 3G why are you upgrading to the 3GS, when the new software update came out I June the 3G does everything the 3GS does, bar video recording capability.

yeah got the new update couple of months ago, I didn't realise the only addition was the ability to take videos!

So if I was to keep my 3G iPhone I wonder what sort of contract they would offer if I stayed with them? Do they do any 12 months contracts if you hold onto your old handset?

Im sure you can go onto the "simplicity contract" when your contract ends.

http://www.o2.co.uk/explore/tariffs/paymonthly/simplicity
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

omagh_gael

Cheers Minder, will def look into those!

Puckoon

Id like to welcome treas to the group.

Treasurer

Quote from: Puckoon on November 30, 2009, 07:10:24 PM
Id like to welcome treas to the group.

Ooooh, is there a secret handshake I should know about???

Happy out, all the better that I managed to get it for free!!!  :D

flantheman82

Recieved my iPhone earlier today. Just spent last few hours syncing it with my iTunes and am pretty impressed with it so far. Ant tips on a cover for it? Just wanna make sure it's well looked after.
Also, is there a limit to the amount of apps I can have?

Archie Mitchell

Also, you can only use the apps if you download the "Master App" application. If you don't have this then the apps you download will be useless and not able to use them at all. You'll get the hang of it sooner or later.

Shrek

Quote from: Minder on November 29, 2009, 02:26:31 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on November 29, 2009, 02:23:28 PM
Where abouts do u get the 3G signal Minder? Are u in the south? I have yet to find anywhere in the north where there is a 3G signal, does anyone know why this is?

Secondly, my contract is due for renewal at the end of January and I'm going to upgrade, anyone have any reviews of the iPhone 3GS? I will more than likely go for this. Is there a charge for the handset? When I got my iPhone 3G in august 08 it was £99.

I am in Belfast, 3GS is free on 24 mth £44 per mth tariff, if you want the £34 per mth contract the handset is about £90.

If you have the 3G why are you upgrading to the 3GS, when the new software update came out I June the 3G does everything the 3GS does, bar video recording capability.

i was told i had to pay £150 for a 3GS and £0 for a 3G - i went for the 3G

very little difference - 3GS is a lot faster, better camera, compass etc. - if it wasnt going to cost that much i would go for the 3GS though.

saying that i have mine jailbroken and am able use video recorder.  ;D

Treasurer

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on November 24, 2009, 11:41:30 AM
Quote from: bingobus on November 24, 2009, 10:53:13 AM
Has Vodafone announced anything yet? I see O2 are offering it free before christmas on certain tariffs, prob trying to hover up as many as possible before vodafone join the market.

Vodafone are entering market early 2010 but some people who pre-registered an interest are currented being offered iphones straight away. I received a call last thursday offering me one. They are doing it through an independant company for some reason?? I was told I'd get a call from this company within 5 working days.

The tarriffs are on Vodafone website but don't specifically say they for iphones

Phone is E199 on access 150 tarriff
E99 on access 300 tarriff

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/current/pcaccessplus/

Those plan have changed already - I've got mine free from vodafone, €65 a month 300 mins, 300 texts, 2gb download and a free extra of choice.

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: Treasurer on December 01, 2009, 03:14:14 PM
Quote from: TheGreatRambo on November 24, 2009, 11:41:30 AM
Quote from: bingobus on November 24, 2009, 10:53:13 AM
Has Vodafone announced anything yet? I see O2 are offering it free before christmas on certain tariffs, prob trying to hover up as many as possible before vodafone join the market.

Vodafone are entering market early 2010 but some people who pre-registered an interest are currented being offered iphones straight away. I received a call last thursday offering me one. They are doing it through an independant company for some reason?? I was told I'd get a call from this company within 5 working days.

The tarriffs are on Vodafone website but don't specifically say they for iphones

Phone is E199 on access 150 tarriff
E99 on access 300 tarriff

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/current/pcaccessplus/

Those plan have changed already - I've got mine free from vodafone, €65 a month 300 mins, 300 texts, 2gb download and a free extra of choice.

Probably a response to o2 offering it free on equivalent tariff, both of them still looking €199 at lower tariff.

Received mine in the post yesterday, was gonna enquire about must have apps but I see the wiseguys above have it all sewn up

Minder

Rambo, there is a separate app thread somewhere.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: Minder on December 01, 2009, 05:01:00 PM
Rambo, there is a separate app thread somewhere.

Cheers, I'll have a search....

fitzroyalty

This is irrelevant but i couldn't be bothered starting a new thread...

I need a new Pay & Go simcard as the one I have is permanently damaged. I've ordered a new one but how do I go about changing it to my original mobile number? And also will I keep my original balance? Checked O2 website but can't find anything  ???

Bensars

Get a new sim card, phone them up and get them to switch imei number of the old card to the new one. You will lose the contacts of the old sim , so copy from sim card to phone first.

fitzroyalty