3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Fender

Ok, got the phone today. decided to let o2 renew the lease on my soul for another 18 months. Bit of advise ere for people thinking of gettin an iphone, i went in this morning and told them i was goin to switch to orange cuz of the better tarffi, and o2 decided to give me a better one for the same price!!

So any gud app's i should def get??

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: Fender on November 25, 2009, 12:18:15 PM
Ok, got the phone today. decided to let o2 renew the lease on my soul for another 18 months. Bit of advise ere for people thinking of gettin an iphone, i went in this morning and told them i was goin to switch to orange cuz of the better tarffi, and o2 decided to give me a better one for the same price!!

So what deal are you on?  And which model did you get? 16GB or 32GB?

Fender

16gb 3GS, £30 p/m(b4 vat) for 600mins and 500texts and unlimited internet!!Phone cost £185 tho...

Minder

Quote from: Fender on November 25, 2009, 12:41:17 PM
16gb 3GS, £30 p/m(b4 vat) for 600mins and 500texts and unlimited internet!!Phone cost £185 tho...

That is a standard tariff boss available to anyone as far as I know.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: Minder on November 25, 2009, 01:10:42 PM

Yep, looks like it: http://shop.o2.co.uk/promo/iphoneindex

lurganblue

i thought orange had much the same tarrifs as O2 no?

Minder

Quote from: lurganblue on November 25, 2009, 01:26:42 PM

i thought orange had much the same tarrifs as O2 no?

They are identical as far as I know as I was thinking of getting one for my wife and was doing a bit of homework on the networks.

Fender

The o2 £30 only gives you 75mins and 125 texts!!

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: Fender on November 25, 2009, 01:53:24 PM

The o2 £30 only gives you 75mins and 125 texts!!

The prices on that site include the VAT.

Puckoon

I am trying to figure out if my bill is cheaper here.

I pay around 115$ a month

Unlimited data
Unlimited texting
900 minutes a month
Free calls to any AT&T phone (which most folks are on due to the iphone monopoly)
Free nights and weekends to any american number.

I dont think I need 900 minutes, but once bitten twice shy. Better to pay for the extra than to ever get hit with overages again.

Minder

Puck mine is £44 mth and you get -

1200 mins to any network/landline anytime
500 txts
Unlimited data

The Real Laoislad

I'm getting rode so,and not in a  good way

700mins
1gb allowance for data
400 texts
€100/month
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

I think a lot has to depend on when you buy your phone. For example I was an existing AT&T customer who wasnt due an upgrade for another year. So I didnt have the luxury of walking into one of these new attractive (cheaper) plans which are designed to attract new customers with the iphone. Basically I paid 500$ for the phone and then my plan went up by 40$.

I have mostly unlimited stuff on there as I dont want to get hit with big bills, and I generally send about 100 txt messages a day. Its much more convenient on the iphone where the txts are stored as a conversation. Only reason I have so many minutes is because in the odd event that the auld fella has something more to say  than

Puck: "How was lake Como'

Big Puck : "Ack it was fine - Im sure your mother has filled you in on the news so, nothing strange nor startling here - take it easy"

I just dont want to get hit with overages at 50cents a minute.

When Im due for an upgrade Ill have to ask them why my bill is so high.

20$ for unlimited txts
30$ for iphone plan data
60$ for the minutes

Puckoon