3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Do ya know when you get a text message and it comes up on the home screen with the whole message visible,is there  a way that you can change it that it only appears with the name of the person that sent it to you and not the text?
Im not pleased that someone could see the text without having to get access into the message page..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Don't think so, you worried about what text the soon-to-be Mrs TRLL might see?
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on November 14, 2009, 03:37:30 PM
Don't think so, you worried about what text the soon-to-be Mrs TRLL might see?
:-X
You'll Never Walk Alone.

hairyhog

settings  >  messages  > show preview  >  off

The Real Laoislad

Ziggy you are useless...thanks hairyhog
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 14, 2009, 04:03:58 PM
Ziggy you are useless...thanks hairyhog

I've nothing to hide, so never knew about it.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Has anyone used the Apple composite AV cable to hook the phone up to the tv to watch films, photos etc? The cable is a bit pricey at £35
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on November 17, 2009, 06:51:55 PM
Has anyone used the Apple composite AV cable to hook the phone up to the tv to watch films, photos etc? The cable is a bit pricey at £35

Didn't even know you could do this. Why would you want to?
Testing Accessibility

TheGreatRambo

Guys, too lazy to wade back through thread and see if this is there, Whats the story with iPhone and Vodafone? Does anyone really know when its gonna happen. I have pre-registered on Vodafones site ages ago but have heard nothing since. My current phone is about ready for the bin and I'm due an upgrade but I don't wanna upgrade and then find out the iPhones imminent and I'm not eligible?

Minder

Quote from: ziggysego on November 17, 2009, 06:56:42 PM

The Sky Sports app would be a prime example why you would want to do it.

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on November 17, 2009, 07:19:16 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 17, 2009, 06:56:42 PM

The Sky Sports app would be a prime example why you would want to do it.

Fair enough. If I hear of anyone that has done this, I'll let you know.
Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in the north where you can pick up a 3G signal? I have yet to find anywhere that this is possible, yet when I cross into the south the 3G signal can be picked up almost everywhere! But there is no point in using this as the rates are much much too high.

Archie Mitchell

For things like this, you might be as well buying the proper cable. See a few cheap ones on eBay for about £6. There would have to be a big difference in quality for a big difference in price like that.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-COMPONENT-AV-TV-CABLE-USB-FOR-APPLE-IPHONE-IPOD_W0QQitemZ150382521712QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CE_MP3Access_RL?hash=item23037f2d70

Minder

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 17, 2009, 07:50:00 PM
For things like this, you might be as well buying the proper cable. See a few cheap ones on eBay for about £6. There would have to be a big difference in quality for a big difference in price like that.

I have read that Apple have a chip in their cable making the other non Apple cables useless and to steer well clear of the ones on ebay, it must be Apple branded. People are advertising them on ebay as compatible but they will only give you audio and not video.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Minder on November 17, 2009, 07:56:21 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 17, 2009, 07:50:00 PM

I have read that Apple have a chip in their cable making the other non Apple cables useless and to steer well clear of the ones on ebay, it must be Apple branded. People are advertising them on ebay as compatible but they will only give you audio and not video.

Apple would be crafty aul buggers now. Probably best going with the proper cable, but would it not be worth £6 to get the cheap one to see if it works?