3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: take_yer_points on September 28, 2009, 09:18:01 AM
Orange have announced they will be selling the iPhone in the UK. Should be great news as far as pricing is concerned!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8278073.stm

good news alright. hopefully it'll bring down my monthly bill soon.

oh and my clips on safari are still fooked  ???

Minder

Quote from: lurganblue on September 28, 2009, 03:45:54 PM
Orange have announced they will be selling the iPhone in the UK. Should be great news as far as pricing is concerned!!

Surely only new customers will benefit, if you are already in an 18/24 mth contract I doubt if they will reduce the tariff.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

DickyRock

All warrenties in Europe are two year. Pass no remarks on the one year thing.  Do a search in google for european two year warranty.

Edit: I got tv sorted when I mentioned it

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: venter on September 28, 2009, 09:40:14 AM
after all my praise of the iphone, it went on the blink at the weekend. It seems to be a screen problem as I was able to retrieve the photos when I hooked the phone up to the Laptop.

The screen is just gone white with a few dark vertical lines randomly running down the middle of it.

Worse still I am just 3 weeks beyond the 1 year warranty and after reading the terms of my insurance policy, it states that mechanical breakdown is not covered. Looks like Im going to get shafted here.

I had dust inside the screen, was very annoying when watching films etc on it. So I decided to book an appointment in the Apple store in Belfast. Brought it in and they said they would replace the screen. Thought to myself happy days. So when I came back 1 hour later they hadn't done anything to the phone, they just decided to give me a new iPhone (assuming its a refurbished one). There was a crack at the back of mine where the cable plugs in and went up to the writing on the back of the iPhone. Didn't bother me that much as was my own fault for breaking it, but they said this was the reason for the dust getting in so they gave me a new iPhone. Couldn't believe it at all.

You may book yourself an appointment on the Apple site and take it in for them to look at. Backup your iPhone before going in though in case any data is lost.

Minder

Final Whistle

quick one-gave the phone to the mrs, she cracked/broke it. still within the year but i tried to put it through insurance and they said that because the iemi num was never linked to my sim that insurance invalidated policy.

Questions- any way around this?
-if not, do i still have to continue paying £10/month for insurance?

take_yer_points

Quote from: Minder on September 28, 2009, 04:00:12 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on September 28, 2009, 03:45:54 PM

Surely only new customers will benefit, if you are already in an 18/24 mth contract I doubt if they will reduce the tariff.

New customers will benefit in the interim but in the long run so should existing customers. When renewal time comes I'll definitely be shopping round and going back to o2 with the best deal I can find elsewhere and asking them to better it. If they can't I'll move to Orange  (or now Vodafone as well).

As a side note I recently jailbroke my iPhone- best thing I've done in a long time. I managed to change the appearance and also unlock some features - I can now use it as a modem when Wi-Fi isn't available, have installed TomTom (saving £50 or £60 buying it), etc...

And incidentally, TomTom is barely worth downloading never mind paying for it - hopefully the car kit will resolve some issues with the extra GPS chip but its not worth the money with the built in GPS.

venter

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on September 28, 2009, 06:54:57 PM

I had dust inside the screen, was very annoying when watching films etc on it. So I decided to book an appointment in the Apple store in Belfast. Brought it in and they said they would replace the screen. Thought to myself happy days. So when I came back 1 hour later they hadn't done anything to the phone, they just decided to give me a new iPhone (assuming its a refurbished one). There was a crack at the back of mine where the cable plugs in and went up to the writing on the back of the iPhone. Didn't bother me that much as was my own fault for breaking it, but they said this was the reason for the dust getting in so they gave me a new iPhone. Couldn't believe it at all.

You may book yourself an appointment on the Apple site and take it in for them to look at. Backup your iPhone before going in though in case any data is lost.

I posted it off yesterday to the insurance crowd and they got back to me today to say it was water damage and they would replace for me.
They actually offered me the option of a 16Gb 3GS for €94 as a replacement. I decided to go for it as it is cheaper than the upgrade and im not get tied in to another 18 month contract with O2.

I havent seen many reviews of 3GS . Is the new operating system all is cracked up to be. She said I'll have it on thursday which is great.

tyroneman

If you jailbreak it and something goes wrong is that you fcuked?

new devil

Yes.........and do not try to install updates it will f**k it up

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on September 29, 2009, 10:54:00 AM
Vodafone are joining the party

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/telecoms/article6853402.ece

Vodafone Ireland getting iphone aswell...good news as I was gonna switch to O2 to get one,now I won't have too
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rois

Smashed my screen today.  Apple shop says it'll cost over £100 to fix - and I don't have any insurance.  Any other options?  This is my second iphone, lost the first one a few weeks ago and got a refurbished one for £115.  Reeeeally could do without the cash outflow. 
Might have to get the insurance and sit it out a few weeks...

Minder

Quote from: Rois on October 03, 2009, 06:50:24 PM
Smashed my screen today.  Apple shop says it'll cost over £100 to fix - and I don't have any insurance.  Any other options?  This is my second iphone, lost the first one a few weeks ago and got a refurbished one for £115.  Reeeeally could do without the cash outflow. 
Might have to get the insurance and sit it out a few weeks...

Im not sure you could do much better than the £100 from Apple, you could try and see if there are any independent mobile repair shops that may be able to do it. I take it you havent got it in your house insurance?

Shrek

got a Iphone recently and have to say it is the total dog's bollocks

dont know how ive managed without it

i have a few apps on it already, anyone recommend some that they ahve used?

ziggysego

Quote from: Shrek on October 13, 2009, 12:46:06 PM
i have a few apps on it already, anyone recommend some that they ahve used?

RedLaser.

You scan a barcode and it searches the internet to see where you can get it online for cheaper.
Testing Accessibility