3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venter

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 30, 2009, 11:07:42 AM
Them sat nav apps are quite dear. Would you not just be better buying a proper sat nav. Probably better and more reliable than using it on the iPhone.

To be honest, I think I'd prefer to have just the one device that does all, saves the hassle of multiple chargers and extra gadgets. Two of the most reputable companys are coming out with solutions for the I Phone, so I would expect the app to be pretty decent... My only worry is that the I phone GPS receiver is not as refined as a receiver that you would get in a standard Sat Nav hardware..hence Tomtom offering the App with an additonal  holder (with inbuilt signal booster)

Archie Mitchell

Yeah I get your point on one gadget to do most things but I don't think the iPhone sat nav would be able to perform as well as a stand alone sat nav system. I've no doubt the software will be the same quality but the main thing being the signal but the booster could sort that problem. Also the iPhone has a number of other things to do while being used as a sat nav so performance could be an issue, as well as battery life.

I just think it would be handier to have a stand alone sat nav, and leave it connected in the car and use the iPhone as a phone.

lurganblue

lads what is the craic with ringtones on the i phone.  i keep trying to make songs into ringtones on itunes but i keep getting this message

"iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. An unknown error occurred (11556)"

Anyone else have this problem?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: lurganblue on August 02, 2009, 02:39:13 PM
lads what is the craic with ringtones on the i phone.  i keep trying to make songs into ringtones on itunes but i keep getting this message

"iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. An unknown error occurred (11556)"

iPhone ringtones have to be in .mp4r format. You can't use the normal .mp3 files.

Try http://www.audiko.net You can download ringtones from there, as well as upload your own mp3 files and choose what part you want as your ringtone.

mc_grens

Google "how to make I phone ringtones". You will find instructions on how to make ringtones from any part of any piece of music.

lurganblue

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 02, 2009, 09:15:02 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on August 02, 2009, 02:39:13 PM

iPhone ringtones have to be in .mp4r format. You can't use the normal .mp3 files.

Try http://www.audiko.net You can download ringtones from there, as well as upload your own mp3 files and choose what part you want as your ringtone.

cant do this now cos i'm in work archie but cheers. is this a free service? and once i've set up a ringtone through this site can i just transfer it to itunes and then onto my phone?

Archie Mitchell

Yeah, a free service. You upload your song, choose the part you want, submit that to the website, download it in .mp4r format, import this file into ringtones section of your iTunes and then drag across to iPhone.

lurganblue

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 03, 2009, 09:10:17 AM
Yeah, a free service. You upload your song, choose the part you want, submit that to the website, download it in .mp4r format, import this file into ringtones section of your iTunes and then drag across to iPhone.

thats great lad. i'll give that a go later on tonight. cheers

supersub

In a nutshell, is the iphone good and easy to use?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: supersub on August 13, 2009, 12:09:17 PM
In a nutshell, is the iphone good and easy to use?

Yes

Karl Kennedy

does anyone here have a iphone that is compatible with a parrot car phone kit??

or does it not work with this at all??

any advice welcome thank you

lurganblue

every time someone trys to send me a picture message, i receive a message saying "permanent - service - denied". anyone else having the same problem?

thebigfella

Quote from: lurganblue on August 19, 2009, 11:55:14 AM
every time someone trys to send me a picture message, i receive a message saying "permanent - service - denied". anyone else having the same problem?

O2 need to enable picture msging. Phone customer support and ask them.

lurganblue

Quote from: thebigfella on August 19, 2009, 12:34:15 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on August 19, 2009, 11:55:14 AM

O2 need to enable picture msging. Phone customer support and ask them.

it was working grand the other week. wonder why the change?