3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Spoke to O2 today and it will be available July 1st all going well.  They have no price plans yet but I will have mine as will Mrs BC, well worth it.

Minder

Will the improved camera and video be available on the update? I think i will speak to the good chaps at 02 to see if they will let me upgrade to it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

Shouldnt be too far behind the US as there wasn't much difference in the release dates for the 3G one. I think when the 3G one was launched, they offered anyone who had took the 1st gen iPhone in the previous few months before the 3G one was launched, the option to upgrade to the 3G one for free. Could be the same case here.

Minder

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Minder on June 08, 2009, 09:40:50 PM
Will the improved camera and video be available on the update? I think i will speak to the good chaps at 02 to see if they will let me upgrade to it.

Most likely not as new hardware to improve the camera.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: hardstation on June 08, 2009, 09:45:05 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 08, 2009, 09:42:50 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 08, 2009, 09:42:06 PM
Shite!

Why?

I only fecking got one!

When did you get one? Could be possibility of letting you upgrade as they did to customers who got the 1st gen iPhone a few months before the 3G one was launched.

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on June 08, 2009, 09:45:05 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 08, 2009, 09:42:50 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 08, 2009, 09:42:06 PM
Shite!

Why?

I only fecking got one!

You will still get most of the features with the 3.0 update, i was gonna get one the other day & told some bitch in the 02 shop that i would just wait to hear about the new one. She told me there would be no hardware improvements but the dogs in the street knew there would be an improved camera and video function.........

brokencrossbar1

there won't be the same deal as before in regards to recent purchases

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 08, 2009, 09:51:02 PM
there won't be the same deal as before in regards to recent purchases

You got screwed over then hardstation. They probably knew rightly a new one was coming out soon too.

Archie Mitchell

No harm in chancing your luck.

Minder

I read on an 02 forum that it will be uo to £180 to upgrade to the 16gb model

Minder

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on June 08, 2009, 10:51:32 PM
What way does this 3.0 upgrade work for me?
Do I just download it on itunes?

What do I get?

What don't I get?

You will get the heap minus the better camera/video recording i would think. You can download it on 19th June too. The o2 website has been updated tonight with all the info.

Archie Mitchell

Only real difference will be camera, performace improving and the storage size. Other than that all can be got with the software upgrade on 17th and 19th June.

If you just connect your iPhone up to your PC and start iTunes it will download and install the update for you.

thebigfella

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 08, 2009, 11:09:45 PM
Only real difference will be camera, performace improving and the storage size. Other than that all can be got with the software upgrade on 17th and 19th June.

If you just connect your iPhone up to your PC and start iTunes it will download and install the update for you.

The performance will be a big thing though. Apple plans to allow background processes to be run in the new OS, for example you can always stay connected to Palingro/Skype. Currently they disabled this feature due to the performance hit you would get with all the multiple apps running in the background.