3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: Minder on May 11, 2009, 02:50:50 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on May 11, 2009, 02:47:43 PM
Hey guys any release date yet for the new iphone?

I remember hearing some time ago it would be around may/june.  Will there be much difference between the current and new one?

I can upgrade in less than a month, i am sure they will not offer me the new one but i take it the operating system can be updated if they dont offer me the latest model?

O2 allowed people to upgrade while in contract as long as you took out a new contract. You still had to pay the appropriate upgrade fees. I would expect them to do the same this time.

The OS upgrade will be free to all existing iphone users.

The Real Laoislad

Is there any way to get the Iphone working on a Vodafone network?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

new devil

If you get it unlocked it would work on vodafone....you can buy them unlocked and all on ebay.

thebigfella

Quote from: balladmaker on May 11, 2009, 03:02:41 PM
Don't know when it is due, but there is supposed to be a new iPHONE coming out that has two screens, one on either side.  It is billed as an iPHONE nano, smaller than the current model.

Nah this rumor started from a counterfit Iphone nano being offered in China. Not sure they will offer a iphone nano in the current form but their definitely won't be 2 screens. I could be wrong but I don't see the need for it plus it would be a big change in Apple design philosophy for products by introducing such a big revolution to what is essentially quite a new product.

You could jailbreak the iphone if you want to use it on another network. Plenty of site to show you how but this will not work with new OS 3.0 at the moment. So if you upgrade, it may not have been jailbroken yet and you will revert back to a sim locked handset.

thebigfella

Quote from: new devil on May 11, 2009, 03:13:19 PM
If you get it unlocked it would work on vodafone....you can buy them unlocked and all on ebay.

Be careful though there is a difference between jailbroken and sim unlocked. Only certain country's networks have to offer them, by law, sim unlocked.

Archie Mitchell

Anyone had any issue with dead pixels on the screen of their iPhone? I think i have one right in the middle of my screen  :(

Its a light brown colour and a diamond shape. Thought it was dirt at the start but no joy. Appears when the screen is off so makes me think it is a faulty pixel in the screen. Ran a pixel fixer web app where it changes colours on screen very fast to try and fix the pixel but still no joy. Should I justbring it into the Apple shop to have a look at?

Minder

Any decent sites for covers/cases for the Iphone, getting one soon and want to have the gear ready for it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on May 21, 2009, 09:09:32 AM
Any decent sites for covers/cases for the Iphone, getting one soon and want to have the gear ready for it.

I just got a wee cloth one in the Carphone Warehouse for £5.00. Does the job.
Testing Accessibility

shezam

Anyone have the new android phone htc magic, vodafone are offering them. They seem pretty good, similar to the Iphone, you can download a load of open available free applications from the android market.

bailestil

i can finally get out of my 3 contract, thanks to them removing their 3like home service.
(anyone who is in a contract with 3 can cancel with no fee apparently)

is it worth getting an iphone now or wait until the new version is release in the nxt month or so.

when will it be released? don't wanna take out an iphone only for a new one to be released!

Minder

So chaps, i am able to upgrade on 6th June, The Apple WWDC is on June 8-12 and it is widely expected they will announce the new I Phone. So should i upgrade now to the current 3G IPhone or wait for the new one. Stick or twist?

westmayo

QuoteSo chaps, i am able to upgrade on 6th June, The Apple WWDC is on June 8-12 and it is widely expected they will announce the new I Phone. So should i upgrade now to the current 3G IPhone or wait for the new one. Stick or twist?

I suppose you should wait and see what happens at it, but with the new OS coming out in June for the ihone, the update may be just some more tweeks to that rather than a whole refresh of the phone.  Sure there is no harm waiting a couple of days to see what happens at WWDC.

Archie Mitchell

New iPhone 3GS due to be launched today. Some new features include double memory of current ones, 3.2 megapixel camera that can record video and a compass. Lowest model (16gb) to be priced at £125 and current 3G iphone to possibly be reduced to £62.

Then there is is the 3.0 software update to come as well but not sure if this will be today but sometime soon. 

Minder

Waiting patiently to hear what new features the new phone will have, could have upgraded to I phone the other day but decided to wait for the announcement at the WWDC.

Archie Mitchell

http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-3g-s/

New iPhone 3GS released today. Only release date is for North America on 19th June but can't see the UK being too far behind.

The S stands for speed apparantly. Of the features I didnt mention earlier, other features are that it is 2 times faster at loading etc than the current one, cut copy and paste option, MMS, spotlight search facility through out the iPhone, landscape keyboard, voice control, accessibility controls, using 3G on phone to connect laptop/pc to internet if no wifi available.

Alot of these software changes should be available with the new 3.0 software to be released shortly.

Wonder will existing customers get the chance to upgrade to the new one at a discounted price?