3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 12, 2011, 10:49:02 AM
My 3GS has started playing up. The wifi won't connect to the home network anymore. The network is coming up on the wifi page but it's not connecting automatically anymore. and when I tap the network it just keeps that little spinning circle thing going but never connects. I know it's not an network problem as the laptop still connects no problems. Anyone else have this problem?

I have exact same problem with my 3G, can't pick up wifi at all. Doesn't even let me tap the connect to wifi button as it's darkened out. Getting home broadband in the new house next week so hoping it works then.

supersarsfields

Problem solved!! Don't know how, but it's back picking up the wifi!! No idea what caused that glitch!!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 12, 2011, 12:48:50 PM
Problem solved!! Don't know how, but it's back picking up the wifi!! No idea what caused that glitch!!

A problem shared is a problem halved.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Radda bout yeee

My other half is having trouble with O2 (in the occuppied 6 :D )
She cracked her phone screen and wants her phone replaced like everyone seems to get but they told her because its her second time this has happened that they will lift the phone asess it and then fix or replace it. She may now have no phone for over a week whilst she pays top end for a contract and insurance.
She said she knew people who didn't have to do this and that they had it replaced on delivery but they say they have changed this for all customers a month ago.
Can they do this?
What can she do?

thebigfella

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 19, 2011, 11:28:39 AM
She cracked her phone screen and wants her phone replaced like everyone seems to get but they told her because its her second time this has happened that they will lift the phone asess it and then fix or replace it. She may now have no phone for over a week whilst she pays top end for a contract and insurance.
She said she knew people who didn't have to do this and that they had it replaced on delivery but they say they have changed this for all customers a month ago.
Can they do this?
What can she do?

Be more careful in future.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: thebigfella on July 19, 2011, 11:51:13 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 19, 2011, 11:28:39 AM
Can they do this?
What can she do?

Be more careful in future.

>:(

JOG ON!!!!

Radda bout yeee

I have a problem

I updated the software in my phone there yesterday but did it on a computer my phone wasn't synced to and when it was finished it cleared my phone down to factory settings.
When I plugged it into the laptop i sync it to all the music, videos and apps went on but I have no contacts, messages or photos.

Anyone know how i can get them back?

GAA_Talk

Bought an I Phone 3g of a friend there for very cheap as I've been dyin to get one for ages. its in near mint condition and the internet and all is working great on it. The only problem is it keeps saying that I've no service when I'm in a good area for network and also when I went to download apps like Facebook and Twitter it says I need to update.

Any ideas on how to fix this? discussion boards I've googled were of no real help.

Cheers.

oisinog

Quote from: GAA_Talk on April 12, 2012, 01:13:05 PM
Bought an I Phone 3g of a friend there for very cheap as I've been dyin to get one for ages. its in near mint condition and the internet and all is working great on it. The only problem is it keeps saying that I've no service when I'm in a good area for network and also when I went to download apps like Facebook and Twitter it says I need to update.

Any ideas on how to fix this? discussion boards I've googled were of no real help.

Cheers.

Is your simcard 3G. That could be the problem.

Also try restoring the phone to its default settings and attaching your own apple ID to it

laoislad

Probably gonna need to update the firmware as well.
Does the 3G even support iOS 5.1?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GAA_Talk

Quote from: laoislad on April 12, 2012, 01:45:05 PM
Probably gonna need to update the firmware as well.
Does the 3G even support iOS 5.1?

No don't think it does. Updated it to iOS 4 and im able to download the apps now. The no service craic is a real issue. It was up for a bit there but didnt last long. I read that it sometimes take 24 hours for a sim to register. That sounds a bit ropey though???

Don Johnson

Anyone know this... I have an iPhone 4s and have a whole load of apps, both free and paid for.

The girlfriend's wee brother is getting an iPod Touch for his birthday or something coming up, I was wondering would I be able to hook it up to my laptop and put some apps on it or would I have to pay for them all over again to go on to his?

Basically can apps be shared between two devices?

Minder

Quote from: Don Johnson on April 12, 2012, 10:20:29 PM
Anyone know this... I have an iPhone 4s and have a whole load of apps, both free and paid for.

The girlfriend's wee brother is getting an iPod Touch for his birthday or something coming up, I was wondering would I be able to hook it up to my laptop and put some apps on it or would I have to pay for them all over again to go on to his?

Basically can apps be shared between two devices?

If he is only a nipper you could register your Apple ID to his IPod Touch, anything on your phone already downloaded could be downloaded by him for free.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Don Johnson

He will be 8 at the next birthday, I have just been told it is for his first communion.

Though as HS says that could get tricky.

What if I got the device before they gave it to him, paired it up for him, copied apps, deleted the ones he shouldn't have then gave it? That would be ok wouldn't it?

By the way I dont have any sex apps just ones with swearing and stuff. Plus a lot of ones he wouldn't be interested in at all.

All he wants are the games, photo apps and soundboards basically.

Minder

Quote from: Don Johnson on April 12, 2012, 10:43:38 PM
He will be 8 at the next birthday, I have just been told it is for his first communion.

Though as HS says that could get tricky.

What if I got the device before they gave it to him, paired it up for him, copied apps, deleted the ones he shouldn't have then gave it? That would be ok wouldn't it?

By the way I dont have any sex apps just ones with swearing and stuff. Plus a lot of ones he wouldn't be interested in at all.

All he wants are the games, photo apps and soundboards basically.

All your apps wouldn't automatically go over to his device, any ones that you had and he wanted he would just go to the app store and instead of it showing the price in the wee box it will just say "install".

I got a big bar of Dairy Milk for my first communion.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"