Milk Cup - marred by sectarianism Dub teams called Fenian b.astards

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, July 29, 2008, 12:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Just being reported on BBC 6 counties.

Crumlin and Cherry Orchard, underage teams attacked at their hotel last night.
At 10.30 both teams were returning to the hotel and were subjected to a torrent of sectarian abuse, they were called Fenian b.astards and IRA sympathcisers (sic), were attacked with missiles as well.

Disgraceful events, these kids are 14 - 15 years old!
Tbc....

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 29, 2008, 12:10:15 PM

If Holy Cross was seen as fair game, cant really see them giving a toss about Dublin Teenagers.  FFA though...(just getting it in before chubbster)
Its Grim up North

magpie seanie

I'd say most of the young bucks would have had to ask someone what a fenian was!

lynchbhoy

ahhh
but i think I read somewhere that some hotel with someone whose mother was born in NI was attacked by fellas with IRA sounding names - so its like for like

(thought I'd get in there before our neighbourhood action equation apologist does  ;) :D)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 29, 2008, 12:22:33 PM
I'd say most of the young bucks would have had to ask someone what a fenian was!
and being from crumlin or cherry orchard, its not as if they wouldnt be used to that kind of behaviour !  :o :D

ONeill

To be fair, for the Dub team to call themselves Fenian B.astards was just asking for trouble.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nifan

Disgusting, and totally against the ethos of the milk cup which is a very good tournament.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on July 29, 2008, 12:58:09 PM
Disgusting, and totally against the ethos of the milk cup which is a very good tournament.

first time in its 23 year history teams have been attacked!
Tbc....

Hoof Hearted

do you ever wonder what wat way this country would be if we werent living in so called peace time
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

T Fearon

Not the first time Gaoth Dobhair. Some years ago Cherry Orchard met the Huns in one of the finals and took pelters from the entire crowd who had turned up to support the boys in blue.

What else do you expect from pigs only grunts as the old  saying goes.

donalmac99

Quote from: T Fearon on July 29, 2008, 01:08:23 PM
Not the first time Gaoth Dobhair. Some years ago Cherry Orchard met the Huns in one of the finals and took pelters from the entire crowd who had turned up to support the boys in blue.

What else do you expect from pigs only grunts as the old  saying goes.

i agree with the sentiment of your post however it's ironic that you use  offensive and sectarian terminology (Huns) to lambast a bunch of sectarian bigots.

though its funny that 'you' should use the pigs and grunts saying   :'(
doh!

The Watcher Pat

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

donalmac99

Quote from: An Fear Rua on July 29, 2008, 12:18:18 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 29, 2008, 12:10:15 PM

If Holy Cross was seen as fair game, cant really see them giving a toss about Dublin Teenagers.  FFA though...(just getting it in before chubbster)

are you saying that the same group of thugs that attacked these young players were also the same group of individuals that hurled vile abuse at the holy cross children, do you reckon they travelled from north belfast to coleraine to attack these kids

or are you just tarring them all with the same brush?

donalmac99

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on July 29, 2008, 01:14:57 PM
Typical......These people are nothing but scumbags....

you offend scumbags by calling them that.