Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, July 29, 2008, 12:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donalmac99

Quote from: Yes I Would on July 29, 2008, 01:58:01 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 29, 2008, 01:49:12 PM
Quote from: donalmac99 on July 29, 2008, 01:16:13 PM
Quote from: An Fear Rua on July 29, 2008, 12:18:18 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 29, 2008, 12:10:15 PM

Disgraceful events, these kids are 14 - 15 years old!

If Holy Cross was seen as fair game, cant really see them giving a toss about Dublin Teenagers.  FFA though...(just getting it in before chubbster)

are you saying that the same group of thugs that attacked these young players were also the same group of individuals that hurled vile abuse at the holy cross children, do you reckon they travelled from north belfast to coleraine to attack these kids

or are you just tarring them all with the same brush?
what would you reckon here?

was it the same gang? - or would it be that there are more about with that same mentality...?

if so , its hardly incorrectly tarring with the same brush ? ?

not sure what your point is...

Think Donal Mc is implying that neither group or perhaps one group of scumbags shouldnt be tarred with any brush at all.

im just wanting clarification on who 'them' are.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: donalmac99 on July 29, 2008, 02:00:30 PM

If Holy Cross was seen as fair game, cant really see them giving a toss about Dublin Teenagers.  FFA though...(just getting it in before chubbster)

are you saying that the same group of thugs that attacked these young players were also the same group of individuals that hurled vile abuse at the holy cross children, do you reckon they travelled from north belfast to coleraine to attack these kids

was it the same gang? - or would it be that there are more about with that same mentality...?

Think Donal Mc is implying that neither group or perhaps one group of scumbags shouldnt be tarred with any brush at all.

who would you think 'they' are ?

donalmac99

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 29, 2008, 02:02:58 PM

if i knew i would not have asked.

nifan

Tony,

Why should the teams who have enjoyed playing there over the years stop because of some mindless scumbags?

Your sectarian view of coleraine bad, derry good, is pretty pathetic.

donalmac99

Quote from: nifan on July 29, 2008, 02:06:32 PM
Tony,

is calling coleraine a "black hole" not pretty sectarian?
Why should the teams who have enjoyed playing there over the years stop because of some mindless scumbags?

darren graham was called a 'black c**t', it was seen as vile sectarian abuse by the vast majority of us in the GAA community. Tony however has not grasped the concept and i am stunned that he is allowed to use such vile and sectarian language on this forum.
he, imo, is no better than those that hurled bricks at these young lads in coleraine. Whilst we allow bigots to peddle their filth on GAA forums how on earth can we try to widen our appeal to the protestant community?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: donalmac99 on July 29, 2008, 02:09:34 PM
Tony,

darren graham was called a 'black c**t', it was seen as vile sectarian abuse by the vast majority of us in the GAA community. Tony however has not grasped the concept and i am stunned that he is allowed to use such vile and sectarian language on this forum.
he, imo, is no better than those that hurled bricks at these young lads in coleraine

donalmac whats with your hard-on for Tony??
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: donalmac99 on July 29, 2008, 02:04:03 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 29, 2008, 02:02:58 PM
if i knew i would not have asked.
ok, so you dont know, I dont know - but it might mean that he is not tarring with the one brush, given that the mindset (through such similar actions) exists in distinct areas on NI ?
He might be slightly 'lazy' by doing so, but not necessarily incorrect?

lynchbhoy

Tony,

he, imo, is no better than those that hurled bricks at these young lads in coleraine. Whilst we allow bigots to peddle their filth on GAA forums how on earth can we try to widen our appeal to the protestant community?
solving that wont widen our appeal to the protestant community

that is intrinsically linked to the political divide and will only disappear with the integration on north back into south again (but only after a generation or so post this happening - imo)

donalmac99

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 29, 2008, 02:13:18 PM
Tony,

he, imo, is no better than those that hurled bricks at these young lads in coleraine

donalmac whats with your hard-on for Tony??

i dont have a hard on for tony, have you seen him FFS? :)

i am just sickened by his eagerness to exploit the victims of sectarianism for his own personal agenda without really giving a flying one with regard to their well being.
he'd make a good politician

donalmac99

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 29, 2008, 02:16:58 PM
Tony,

that is intrinsically linked to the political divide and will only disappear with the integration on north back into south again (but only after a generation or so post this happening - imo)

i disagree. There are lots of protestants in my workforce that show an 'under the counter' interest / curiosity in the game. Im not saying it will happen over night, but at least we will be moving in the right direction.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: donalmac99 on July 29, 2008, 02:19:29 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 29, 2008, 02:16:58 PM
Tony,

i disagree. There are lots of protestants in my workforce that show an 'under the counter' interest / curiosity in the game. Im not saying it will happen over night, but at least we will be moving in the right direction.
I'll end my replies to you here then, as I think you are as far off reality as is possible with this notion (sadly , and it is a decent ideal - but just completely unrealistic if not a little naive).

Gaaboardmod3

I've edited a few posts there, which used a sectarian term. Please keep that rubbish off the boards. Using 'Huns' to designate a football team is just, just about okay, but using it to denote a group of people based on their religion is out of order as well. Also, we are all aware of the connotation of 'black' in the context of Northern Ireland, so rein them horns back in please.

nifan

Tony maybe you should tell celtics Lafferty he shouldnt be going there too, or Derry citys McClean, who are both plaing for the NI team in the elite seciton.

T Fearon

Sorry, but you get my drift all the same. By the way I was referring to Glasgow Rangers with the term in the context of the outrageous sectarian scenes their appearance in the Milk Cup Final against Cherry Orchard in the mid 90s, in Coleraine.

Coleriane is simply no place for anyone from a catholic/nationalist background to be far less a football team from the 26 counties.

The loyalist mindset prevails, last week's Healy's sectarian behaviour didn;t attract a mild rebuke even in the press up here, yet he could well have provoked a riot if the crowd hadn't been made up of good humoured Celts

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on July 29, 2008, 02:34:04 PM
Tony maybe you should tell celtics Lafferty he shouldnt be going there too, or Derry citys McClean, who are both plaing for the NI team in the elite seciton.

Who is this Lafferty you mention nifan, I thought that the Hoops dodged that particular bullet!  ;)
Tbc....