Cill Dara v Fear Manach

Started by Dinny Breen, July 27, 2008, 07:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: Fermanaghandsam on August 01, 2008, 09:24:32 AM
That team will not start, I would suspect the defence to remain unchanged, but maybe two changes in the forwards. With maybe Pat
Cadden and Doc coming in for M.Keenan and big Liam. I would be extremely surprised it M.Keenan starts.

I think he'll start M Keenan, the guy needs a massive boost after being subbed after 26 minutes in the Ulster Final so you have to give him the start in the next game as a show of faith.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Tommy Tibbs

Quote from: sammymaguire on August 01, 2008, 10:15:00 AM
Quote from: Fermanaghandsam on August 01, 2008, 09:24:32 AM
That team will not start, I would suspect the defence to remain unchanged, but maybe two changes in the forwards. With maybe Pat
Cadden and Doc coming in for M.Keenan and big Liam. I would be extremely surprised it M.Keenan starts.

I think he'll start M Keenan, the guy needs a massive boost after being subbed after 26 minutes in the Ulster Final so you have to give him the start in the next game as a show of faith.

Think Brew has to start, if only for the free taking responsibility alone. If Matthew Keenan can be accomodated in the team as well then so be it. Personally I feel Matt Keenan cant be given the free taking role again if we want to win on Sunday. The pressure on him isnt going to ease much from last Sunday in Clones to a 40,000+ attendance in Croker. I'd fear for us if he's given the duty.

McBarron is a good servant to Fermanagh football and is a "nuisance" in at full forward but if we want any any potency in our forward line he has to be replaced. Losing Owens is an awful blow. Think Doherty deserves a go, he's a quality player, maybe start him at CHF because Sherry hasnt been prodcuing there at all. I'd like to see him start at midfield and womble at FF on Sunday, I know this didnt work in the 1st half of the first game against Armagh but with all due respect the standard of oppostion is nowhere near the same this Sunday.

A one point win by hook or by crook will be great, gonna be tough.

Dinny Breen

QuoteThe petrol stations and car parks will be doubling their prices as the cash rich and football poor Lily white/flourbag horsey brigade come 4x4ing into town for the game!

The band-wagon is at full steam, hour long queues for tickets, Upper tiers and Hill now opened as well...expect Kildare to bring around 15K to 20K on Sunday....

QuoteKildares victory will have given great encouragement, but Fermanaghs battle hardened troops should win this as long as they start to hit over at least 30% of their scoring opportunities.

Think you're right, percentile will be need to be higher though, Kildare I think will score 1- 12 ish.....
Kildare 'could' cause an upset, but its a season too early yet imo

That's pretty much the consensus in Kildare too, Sunday is a bonus....

Enjoy it Dinny - though you will prob be on Nappy duty (hope all are well)

Nope, down in Wexford but have baby sitter booked and looking forward to hopefully two immense games with both victors wearing white  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

dodgyrightfoot

In relation to the expected fermanagh crowd travvelin down to hq for this match, i would be surprised if we brought more than 7000 to be honest! very surprised! there has been a big call for supporters to travel but this is the fifth championship game of the season for us and the pockets are very light at this stage! hope im wrong!

what wil kerry bring? 4000 at most? but i expect monaghan to travel in big numbers! ill take a stab at an attendance of around 47000. its hard one to call tho!

Gold

i havnt got a ticket tthrough a club as may have to attend at sumthin else.

if i am able to attend on Sunday can u buy tickets in Dublin on the day for Lower Stand seats does anyone know.

i wouldnt bother going if i had to sit up in the clouds where there is no atmosphere and its freezin--u have a far better view on the TV
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ExiledGael

Would say you'll certainly get tickets for the lower tiers on Sunday down there. Have done that in the past not far from Croke.
Agree that we'll see a sizeable decrease in the Fermanagh support, mostly for financial reasons. Lot of people stung badly travelling into the euro zone this last few weeks, especially in the middle of wedding season. I'll be there anyhow.
Would be surprised to see Kildare hit 1-12. What position does John Doyle take up normally?

dodgyrightfoot

Doesnt matter where Doyle lines out..Shane Goan will be in close attendance! Reckon he can do a job on him!

sammymaguire

yeah I think Goan will do a job on Doyle, he normally lines out corner forward...
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Dinny Breen

QuoteWhat position does John Doyle take up normally?

Generally given a free role...
Doesnt matter where Doyle lines out..Shane Goan will be in close attendance! Reckon he can do a job on him!

Who??? Not even Chuck Norris could do a job on John Doyle  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Scarlet

Lads i expect a big crowd for this one.
As the boys said Kildare people have the first bit of buzz in years so they will travel.
Monaghan and Fermanagh will be mad to get back into Croker while the Kerry crew may not be as confident as normal of reaching their annual AI Final.
They might actually get up off their asses and support the team

As for the game if I was an Ernesider I'd be worried. Surely mo matter what anyone says they must be shattered after losing Ulster.
Kildare on the other hand have buoyant and have nothing to lose.

I reckon Fermanagh will win at the end of a good game.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Erne Gael

going to be a real test of character for the fermanagh lads. getting to croke park should help to lift them though as had it been played anywhere else other than there i would have been very worried. with it in croker though i have a better feeling and the wide open spaces and their performances there in 2004, it has given me hope.

haranguerer

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 01, 2008, 05:45:55 PM

Who??? Not even Chuck Norris could do a job on John Doyle  ;)

Was he playing against Wicklow? Bound to have raised his 'from play' scoring averages there, no?

FermGael

This is going to be a tough game for Fermanagh.

Would love to see P Cadden given a run on Sunday along with S Doherty.
Would also like to see Lyons in at full back. Would like to see the following team line out

Ronan Gallagher,
Shane Goan, Shane Lyons, Peter Sherry,
Damien Kelly, Ryan McCluskey, Tommy McElroy,
        Martin McGrath, Mark Murphy,
Ciaran McElroy, Sean Doherty Ryan Keenan
P Cadden, E Maguire, Mark Little

Would give us a lot of mobility in the full forward line and Cadden is fairly accurate from the dead ball from the left and make sure Little takes them from the right
Kildare will be a tough game.  They have regrouped after there first round defeat and beating Limerick in Limerick was some result.
They have more a strong spine  and in Doyle they have a player of real quality. 
McGeeney will have got a good low down from his Armagh buddies and I am sure he will have a sweeper or two playing against Fermanagh.
Croke Park will suit us but it really is going to be a big ask to lift themselves after the Ulster final defeat.
I think that we could sneak it but it will be tight.  Will know alot more after 15 minutes of the game. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermPundit

Whilst I agree that Pat Cadden deserves a chance I don't think he'll start as he hasn't played much football since the start of the league. I would expect Tom Brewster to start solely to take the frees. Bar this I can't see any other changes. Hopefully without the pressure and expectation of the ulster final Fermanagh can relax tomorrow. This is an excellent opportunity to show the rest of the country that Fermanagh are a decent footballing side. Traditonally Fermanagh enjoy playing against non ulster sides and hopefully this will continue tomorrow. I know many fans are feeling deflated from last week but I really hope a good crowd travel down. It's important that we keep faith with the boys. If we play to our full potential there's no reason why we can't beat Kildare. Fermanagh by 4.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

DUBSFORSAM1

Have Fermanagh got the most incompetent forward line in the country - another match where they show a total inability to kick points from even 20/25 yards out.....Do they spend so much time running in training and concentrating on defending that they don't even practice shooting or what???